The most interesting scenario is if We end up at #2

Barrett is clearly the #2 prospect

So many options:

- draft barrett and go without a „true“ PG
- draft barrett to be the starting SF and see what you do with our SFs
- draft barrett and see what you do with Booker
- draft barrett and trade him for a lower pick plus assets to draft Morant

Not clear to me at all which the best move would be
Trade down and take Ja. But don't get cute. I would take Zion or Ja from this draft. However, if we could get a quality Vet pg for the two pick, maybe with something else to even it out, I would consider it.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score

So many options:

Trade the pick for an established point guard. :thumbup:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

So many options:

We could only move down one, maybe two spots in order to ensure we get our guy, which I would assume would be Ja. It would require the right team to trade up and also the right team to be in between our picks. Someone like Atlanta being there would be ideal since they have Trae Young and I'm not sure if Orlando would be willing to take on Ja either after trading for Fultz. Cleveland is another who won't be looking PG with Collin Sexton there. That's 3 teams that could be trade partners.

Atlanta also owns Dallas pick that is 1-5 protected. A package of their own pick and Dallas' for ours so they could take Barrett would be interesting. We could take Ja and then trade a lottery pick for someone else, which would really be one of the best possible scenarios for us. If that Dallas pick lands #10 like it is now, they would almost need to include that with their own to move up and their own would need to be top 4 or 5.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I rarely weigh in on these threads because I don’t watch enough college ball to have an informed decision but right now I’m watching LSU. This kid Naz Reid may have the best touch from distance of any 6’10” 250 big man I’ve ever seen and he’s a banger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Zion left tonight’s game with a knee injury. Reports are his mom was summoned to the locker room....

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Holy crap i just saw it. He literally ripped through one of his shoes. Man i hope he's ok. Looked really bad.

Yeah that was crazy.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Guys like that are almost to athletic for there own good. The body can’t handle it

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
man, I really hope that's just a sprained or worst care MCL tear. I was really looking forward to that kid in the league no matter where he landed.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
Do the colleges provide insurance to players for this type of thing?

I don't necessarily think college players should be paid, but insurance along with tution seems like a no brainer.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Apparently a "mild knee sprain." So maybe I did overreact juuuuust a little bit. hahaha

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Seems like anytime a guy goes down holding the back of their knee it's the ACL, I hope they're right and it's mild.

I expect that his weight would complicate things if he was off his feet for a serious length of time.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Seems like anytime a guy goes down holding the back of their knee it's the ACL, I hope they're right and it's mild.

I expect that his weight would complicate things if he was off his feet for a serious length of time.

He was able to hobble off to the bench by himself. Maybe he just has a higher pain tolerance, but he seemed to move better than the players who tore their ACLs that I can remember.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Especially at 280 lbs.
I think he will need to trim down to 240 or so when he enters the league anyway. I felt like that long before this injury.

Eventually he might be able to bulk up more and hit 250-260 like LeBron but initially he’s better off coming in at 240 imo.