Report: Cardinals may cut Robert Nkemdiche

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
FIFY.

The guy just isn’t a starting caliber DL in the NFL!!! He’s not good enough & doesn’t have the desire to be anything more than mediocre. I said that before he was drafted. That’s reality

Ok

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I wonder why Nkemdiche doesn`t get the hate that Niklas got ?After all NKemdo-nothing was a 1st round pick.Niklas got blamed for everything and The bum Nkemdonthing gets a pass from some.....makes me wonder?

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
There isn’t any cap savings to cut him and he’ll likely be on PUP to start the season. He’s not being cut

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Trade him for something, some team would take a flyer on him for maybe a 4th or 5th

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
One of the funniest behind the scenes stories I've ever heard about the Cardinals was about Nkemdiche. It was so bad, I'm surprised we didn't cut him as a rookie.

Not really sure I want to share it and potentially have it track back to a friend, but if this one incident is an example of the kind of attitude the guy has in the locker room, I wouldn't be surprised if we just got rid of him for the sake of making a point about the team's culture.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
One of the funniest behind the scenes stories I've ever heard about the Cardinals was about Nkemdiche. It was so bad, I'm surprised we didn't cut him as a rookie.

Not really sure I want to share it and potentially have it track back to a friend, but if this one incident is an example of the kind of attitude the guy has in the locker room, I wouldn't be surprised if we just got rid of him for the sake of making a point about the team's culture.

Got a leave some info, or not say it at all

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
IMO - Nkemdiche's upside makes it hard to cut him in return for nothing.

His potential is worth something and we ought to get something back for him if we're going to let him go.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Got a leave some info, or not say it at all
Screw it, I'll tell the story... I think this one could have come from anyone.

So the story goes, rookie Nkemdiche tosses/drops a piece of watermelon on the floor in the cafeteria, and doesn't bother to pick it up, disrespectfully leaving it to cleaning staff.

So Bruce Arians in a later meeting calls everyone out, asking who did it, and they need to admit to it before anyone is going to be allowed to leave the meeting room. Some time passes by, no one rats on Nkemdiche, even though some of them definitely know who it was. Finally, Nkemdiche speaks up to Arians, saying "I know who did it..."

Bruce asks, "Who?"

Robert replies, "DEEZ NUTS!"

The room apparently went completely silent, like someone was going to get smacked at the dinner table.

Fitz BURSTS out laughing, and the rest of the room joins in, cracking up.

Of course, Nkemdiche got sent home and got some additional discipline I'm not privy to. But it takes some cajones to say that to Bruce Arians.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

So the story goes, rookie Nkemdiche tosses/drops a piece of watermelon on the floor in the cafeteria, and doesn't bother to pick it up, disrespectfully leaving it to cleaning staff.

So Bruce Arians in a later meeting calls everyone out, asking who did it, and they need to admit to it before anyone is going to be allowed to leave the meeting room. Some time passes by, no one rats on Nkemdiche, even though some of them definitely know who it was. Finally, Nkemdiche speaks up to Arians, saying "I know who did it..."

Bruce asks, "Who?"

The room apparently went completely silent, like someone was going to get smacked at the dinner table.

Of course, Nkemdiche got sent home and got some additional discipline I'm not privy to. But it takes some cajones to say that to Bruce Arians.

this is simultaneously hilarious and head shakingly stupid.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
And that may explain why he hardly saw the field in his rookie year....thus slowing his development

Or not

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
FIFY.

The guy just isn’t a starting caliber DL in the NFL!!! He’s not good enough & doesn’t have the desire to be anything more than mediocre. I said that before he was drafted. That’s reality
Yup. Looks like you called it. If you could count on him to just go full fury on a limited snap count he might be useful. But counting on him being consistent for meaningful number of snaps? Not me.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Bruce asks, "Who?"

Ask a rookie who don’t know is going to be injured and suck, okay. Had this happened at anytime after I would’ve said can his ass immediately. Thank his for Fitz who didn’t let it become a thing.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Whether we keep Nkimdiche or not, who cares, he is a non-factor.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave