OT: Reggie White

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Damn. Dude was throwing three hundred pounders around like they were quarter pounders. [emoji23]

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here is my Reggie White story:

Back in the 80's, my dad had Eagles season tickets. In 1989 I went to the Eagles/Raiders game. The guys we used to go with would pile into a van and go to the stadium to drink beer and BS before hand(tailgating was illegal during this time). We used to have open parking spaces all around us usually one on each side. Anyhoo, we go into the game which was a pretty boring game, 10-7 Eagles but Reggie White had been flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct for throwing a Raiders players helmet. Well, after the game, we're hanging out waiting for the traffic to ease up but when we got to the van, someone had parked a minivan right next to our van and pretty tight where we could barely get in it. Well, each of us would knock the side door into this minivan and cursed whoever parked it there. My buddy ended up moving our van over a couple of spots. Well, while we're sitting around BSing, a group of people were walking in our direction and one of them was getting bigger and bigger as they approached. Turned out to be Reggie white. His wife had parked next to us. We didn't speak to him but waved.

Billy Bob

Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
Here is my Reggie White story:

Back in the 80's, my dad had Eagles season tickets. In 1989 I went to the Eagles/Raiders game. The guys we used to go with would pile into a van and go to the stadium to drink beer and BS before hand(tailgating was illegal during this time). We used to have open parking spaces all around us usually one on each side. Anyhoo, we go into the game which was a pretty boring game, 10-7 Eagles but Reggie White had been flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct for throwing a Raiders players helmet. Well, after the game, we're hanging out waiting for the traffic to ease up but when we got to the van, someone had parked a minivan right next to our van and pretty tight where we could barely get in it. Well, each of us would knock the side door into this minivan and cursed whoever parked it there. My buddy ended up moving our van over a couple of spots. Well, while we're sitting around BSing, a group of people were walking in our direction and one of them was getting bigger and bigger as they approached. Turned out to be Reggie white. His wife had parked next to us. We didn't speak to him but waved.
Something similar happened to my parents, me and family when I was a kid. Someone took 2 spots and blocked us in at a Hobo Joe's parking lot, my dad was livid, wanted to whoop some ass, then Connie Hawkins and family walked up to the car, I remember my mom saying, "you still want to beat him up Bob!" we all got to meet him and get autographs.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He is one of several NFL hall of famers to get their start in the USFL:

You must be registered for see images attach

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
He would be my all time best LDE. Great power! Could bullrush anyone. Put Eric Swann next to him and that would be the most dominant left side ever.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Something similar happened to my parents, me and family when I was a kid. Someone took 2 spots and blocked us in at a Hobo Joe's parking lot, my dad was livid, wanted to whoop some ass, then Connie Hawkins and family walked up to the car, I remember my mom saying, "you still want to beat him up Bob!" we all got to meet him and get autographs.
I remember eating at a Hobo Joe's in Vista back in the 70's.
Good story. Where was it?

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Hobo Joe’s is an amazing name. They should bring it back.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
I never got to see Reggie play, but damn looking at those highlights that guy looked unstoppable.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Greatest football player ever. IMHO.

I would take him before any player, Rice, Montana, Brady, anyone.

Never seen a guy that powerful, quick, strong, and smart. He could take over games all by himself.

Edit: Aaron Donald is extremely talented, but no where near as powerful as White was.

Last edited:

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

Modern day CB? It would be close between Champ and Deion Sanders.

When you start to talk about best "CB/DB" the I bring Charles Woodson and Rod Woodson into the discussion. (But that brings safeties into the equation, and the discussion gets convoluted)

Pre-modern day, it is hard to not bring Mel Blount and Willie Brown into the conversations.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave