Igor's "System"

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally, I'd love it, I think Jerry is one of the greatest owners and front office men in league history. And I think the Suns are rapidly closing in on the level of putrocity (is that a word? It should be) where the league tells Sarver he needs to figure out his **** or they will figure it out for him.

However...

It would probably be anyone BUT JC that Sarver would agree to bring in, because bringing in JC to fix his mess would be far more humiliating than simply selling the franchise and fading away.

Also...

Good lord, you know things have gone to pot when BC867, a long time JC detractor, is pining for his return.

Yikes.

this is what's OBVIOUSLY needed... he fits the Jerry West mold I've talked about for years, someone legit in the FO who can bring back credibility to an organization that has absolutely NONE.

But there's no way it happens. No way in hell.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Ridiculous. You must have slept through the Terry Porter/Lindsay Hunter/Earl Watson seasons.

And that’s just the last 10 years.

Actually, I put Kokoskov, Hunter and Watson on the same level, with the same passive style, inability to adjust, lack of effective strategy, and communication deficiencies.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Personally, I'd love it, I think Jerry is one of the greatest owners and front office men in league history. And I think the Suns are rapidly closing in on the level of putrocity (is that a word? It should be) where the league tells Sarver he needs to figure out his **** or they will figure it out for him.

However...

It would probably be anyone BUT JC that Sarver would agree to bring in, because bringing in JC to fix his mess would be far more humiliating than simply selling the franchise and fading away.

Also...

Good lord, you know things have gone to pot when BC867, a long time JC detractor, is pining for his return.

Yikes.

It shouldn't be that surprising, Phraz. Specifically, I have posted over the years what I felt about Jerry (I am just a year younger than he). An excellent promoter. An excellent Managing General Partner. And an excellent politician for Phoenix, as a key member of the Phoenix 40, who influenced the growth of the Valley. I just didn't feel that he was that gifted a General Manager.

I am advocating now for him to (with the League's concurrence) be brought back on a two-year contract as President of Basketball Operations. To choose a professional General Manager to do the job, who would choose a professional Head Coach to do the job. While Sarver counts his trillions while licking his wounds from turning the Suns into losers.

Besides, my criticizing Jerry reflected the Suns constantly having the, what, fifth best record during regular seasons, but never stepping up to become a strong playoff contender.

That performance now would be a helluva step up. In the words of John Lennon, it's just like starting over (a half century later). Not just the play on the court, but reestablishing professionalism.

Of course, as has been said, Sarver would never agree to do what is best for the Suns, the community or its fans. He is in it for the money and the attention and nothing else.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
Sarvers ego will never let this happen but it would be the perfect scenerio

OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Ridiculous. You must have slept through the Terry Porter/Lindsay Hunter/Earl Watson seasons.

And that’s just the last 10 years.

Earl Watson had way better results.

Igor will finish with the worst record in Suns history, enough said.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
With the exception of the suns first season 1969, the suns have won less than .300 of their games three (3) times. 2016,2017 and 2018.

This season we are on pace to have the worst season in Suns history.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
In case you're curious, here is how the Suns have
done vs. each team through the All Star break.

You must be registered for see images attach

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How the balls did we beat the NBA leading Bucks on the road?

Satan was looking for his snow shoes on that evening.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How the balls did we beat the NBA leading Bucks on the road?

Satan was looking for his snow shoes on that evening.

Yeah, that one's a puzzler. And while slightly less surprising, we also have wins against the Spurs, Nuggets and at Boston.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That Nuggets game was amazing. Suns dominated defensively for the entire game.

Yeah, it was arguably our best performance of the year although to be fair we've had some good performances where we came up short too. But lately we've been very unfocused it seems.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it was arguably our best performance of the year although to be fair we've had some good performances where we came up short too. But lately we've been very unfocused it seems.

Losing those three buzzer beaters were tough to swallow.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Looks like many may see their wish come true.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Looks like many may see their wish come true.
Yes. I wonder why the writer thinks it is not fair to evaluate Igor as a Head Coach.

Regardless of the lack of a Point Guard and Power Forward (which made the need for an inventive Head Coach even more prevalent),
Igor's passive persona is not that of a leader. He is what he has been -- a career Assistant Coach. Not a figure head.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yes. I wonder why the writer thinks it is not fair to evaluate Igor as a Head Coach.

Regardless of the lack of a Point Guard and Power Forward (which made the need for an inventive Head Coach even more prevalent),
Igor's passive persona is not that of a leader. He is what he has been -- a career Assistant Coach. Not a figure head.

This. It wasn't fair to the players or the fans to hire someone in the first place who clearly didn't have the skill set for the position.

JustWinBaby

Veteran
Reaction score
This. It wasn't fair to the players or the fans to hire someone in the first place who clearly didn't have the skill set for the position.

It really puzzles me as to why anyone supports this head coach. The Suns head coach always does not have enough talent. Christ we won only 19 freaking games and were blown out too many times to count. Is this roster really that bad?

Koko is an assistant coach period. I see no leadership qualities on the court or at the microphone. Let's keep it real that is what all the good coaches are good at or so it seems.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
It really puzzles me as to why anyone supports this head coach. The Suns head coach always does not have enough talent. Christ we won only 19 freaking games and were blown out too many times to count. Is this roster really that bad?

Koko is an assistant coach period. I see no leadership qualities on the court or at the microphone. Let's keep it real that is what all the good coaches are good at or so it seems.
Not sure how many more times I'm going to have repeat this, but here goes another time.

It's not so much that we think Igor is amazing and should stay no matter what. The issue is that he is a rookie coach that was handed a poo sandwich and some people seem to think he should have made a gourmet meal out of it.

Say what you want about his coaching, but I do feel we saw marked improvement from our young guys as the season progressed and at no point did it seem like the players quit on him despite some really tough times. The moment he was handed some semblence of a roster and veteran help the team actually looked pretty good.

I simply remain in the camp that wants to see him stay unless he is being replaced by someone that already has had success coaching at the NBA level. If we are simply going to replace him with another unknown just for the sake of making a change than I would rather see Igor stick around for another year.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Hornacek, Watson, Triano, Kokoskov, ???. Really? We want to make Devin Booker, as young as he is, play under the fifth head coach?

What this franchise needs is stability.

What it needs more is competence. Stable incompetence is a guarantee of failure.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Hornacek, Watson, Triano, Kokoskov, ???. Really? We want to make Devin Booker, as young as he is, play under the fifth head coach?

What this franchise needs is stability.

I agree. They need continuity. I want as few changes as possible this offseason. I want an addition of a PG, and a bigger stretch four. Those are the only changes I want to see. I want Jones to stay, I want Igor to stay, I want most of the players to stay. Continuity is critical.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I agree. They need continuity. I want as few changes as possible this offseason. I want an addition of a PG, and a bigger stretch four. Those are the only changes I want to see. I want Jones to stay, I want Igor to stay, I want most of the players to stay. Continuity is critical.

Then you will see continued losing.

I understand "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." The problem is that this franchise is about as broken as possible.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
What it needs more is competence. Stable incompetence is a guarantee of failure.

absolutely! the greatest predictor of the future is the past

it's sad to hear the same people repeating the same defense of the indefensible at the culmination of the 4th consecutive worst Suns season in a row (besides their 1st)

young Booker has never been coached by a strong, wise leader and it shows. it's the last skill he needs to become a superstar, and leadership is exactly what this team needs to become a winner

they've learned all they're going to learn from Igor.
even better if they could UNLEARN Igor

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
All of the players speak highly of Igor, on the team or off, and I'll take the positives said by the players with a real history with Igor over the board posters who swear Igor is the most incompetent coach they've ever seen. Like Stefan and JC said, we need continuity. Blaming Igor for this season doesn't tell the full story. The Suns were 8-13 after the All-Star break, when he finally had a roster and rotation with NBA players occupying it. The first half of the season he was forced to make due with veterans like Ariza who didn't want to be here and G-League players like Canaan. Once we added Oubre and Johnson he was able to show what this team could be and I fully believe if we didn't sit players at the end of the year he would have had the team posting a 500 record after the All-Star break. Everything had finally clicked and then we sat players to "tank" a little because they weren't playing for anything.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave