WR Options.....

POISON

Formerly known as Okieguy
Reaction score
In this thread I want you to look at guys, but also post bio's on a guy you like that maybe nobody else has seen yet.

Jesper Horsted...Senior....Princeton University.

6'4" 225lbs

This kid has some talent but his greatest asset is his hustle. At the senior bowl he had a good week of practice and all the other WR's called him eddelman, due to his similar hustle and no quit attitude.
Horsted is a late rounder, or maybe even a UDFA we should look at. He wasnt a world beater and princeton didnt play top flight dfenses but the kids effort and smarts should help him transfer into the NFL

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Oklahoma State hired his OC recently. The 2 offenses are somewhat similar. I'm with you for once. This kid might be a good late round pick! Ok State and Tech somewhat run the same on offense as well KK would love a kid like this.

Last edited:

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
What, no Parris Campbell???

JMHO, great speed, but I HATE guys whose hands are questionable. He is far better than JJ Nelson, but when I see Campbell, I think of Nelson.

I'd like to add Gary Jennings to the option list & Lil'Jordan Humphrey.

Humphrey has some off the field issues. A beast for sure but unless you take a flyer on the guy in the 6th round, I think there are better options.

Under the radar K2 pupil. 3rd rounder?

If he Cardinals take him, I will not complain. I have see him rated all over the draft boards from late 2nd to UDFA. There are a host of tall wide receivers in the draft, but it will matter on their speed and separation skills. As Bruce Arians once said, it doesn't matter how big they are if they cannot get open.

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Arcega-Whiteside from Stanford is a beast. Would love to see him land with the Cards. Size, hands, fights for the ball, wins the battles.

I don't want anyone to take this as a negative, but I watch him and he reminds me so much of Michael Floyd. The way he runs and his movements are so similar. He has very similar strengths and weaknesses as well. These traits got Floyd drafted high in the first round, his character failed him. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this player from Stanford has it together!

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
That Hollywood Brown sure looks good.
John Brown, unfortunately due to no fault of his own, could not stay healthy, and JJ Nelson cannot catch even when he's wide open. Hollywood is the best of both worlds in reference to John and JJ, because so far he's reliable health wise and can catch with his speed. He also has the quicks and is a Air Raid WR... he makes perfect sense, and both Mayfield and Murray had him along with the scheme which helped compliment their talents and he was a common denominator in the mix

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
drop a bio
https://thedraftnetwork.com/2019/01/28/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-gary-jennings-jr/
Jennings has good size at 6'2 215, will be familiar with offense playing at WVU. Had less catches this year but went from 1 TD last year to 13 this year.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2019/01/31/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-liljordan-humphrey/
Lil'Jordan Humphrey is a little bigger than Jennings at 6'4 225 and is more of a possession WR, need to work on plucking the ball out of air instead of catching with his body.

OP
OP
oaken1

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
another guy I like

6'4" WR from ND Miles Boykin

some say he reminds them of a young T.O.

dude has long speed, gets the contested balls and makes the circus catch

wkycardsfan

Rookie
Reaction score
You guys have already covered 2 WR's I really like: Hollywood Brown as a burner and Hakeem Butler as a big target with speed and huge upside. Small school, late round guy that was impressive as hell in the game I saw against Ole Miss was Raphael Leonard from S. Illinois. Cheap plug here but S. Illinois is the school that my son (HS Senior) is signed to play baseball with next year.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A nickname of Hollywood is not a good thing, imo.... Unless its organizing Saturday night's party.

With apologies to @Hollywood

Last edited:

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't want anyone to take this as a negative, but I watch him and he reminds me so much of Michael Floyd. The way he runs and his movements are so similar. He has very similar strengths and weaknesses as well. These traits got Floyd drafted high in the first round, his character failed him. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this player from Stanford has it together!
One way to look at it is: "We're in the market for a more dynamic version of Michael Floyd."

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
another guy I like

6'4" WR from ND Miles Boykin

some say he reminds them of a young T.O.

dude has long speed, gets the contested balls and makes the circus catch
Yes, please.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave