Matt Bryant Expects To Be Cut

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I thought we'd give Zane Gonzalez another chance. Did I miss some news about cutting ties with him?

Gonzalez is still on the team, I bet they bring in competition during camp but I seriously doubt it will be Bryant.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Leg strength doesn’t get better as you get older. Pass.

Bring a younger veteran to compete against Zane

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yeah. Who wants a guy who's 86% for his career, 95% last year(4 of 5 from 50+ yards), and who was 99% on XP last year. Yeah, let's keep the guy who was 75% on FG's. :rolleyes:

And you'll be looking for a new kicker next year.

******** idea.

OP
OP
NJCardFan

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And you'll be looking for a new kicker next year.

******** idea.
Which is fine but you think what we have now is better? You'd rather have someone who misses one of every 4 kicks? Might as well bring Rackers back.
Leg strength doesn’t get better as you get older. Pass.

Bring a younger veteran to compete against Zane
Bryant was 4 of 5 from 50+ yards including a 57 yarder. Again, heads and shoulders better than what we've had here the past 5 years.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Which is fine but you think what we have now is better? You'd rather have someone who misses one of every 4 kicks? Might as well bring Rackers back.

Bryant was 4 of 5 from 50+ yards including a 57 yarder. Again, heads and shoulders better than what we've had here the past 5 years.

No. I'd rather develop a young guy and stick with him.

Bryant sucked early in his career too.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
No. I'd rather develop a young guy and stick with him.

Bryant sucked early in his career too.
But Bryant doesn't suck now. Why live the growing pains of a young kicker all the while he's costing you games? Other than Gostowski and Crosby, do any teams have any kickers with longevity that they drafted?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
But Bryant doesn't suck now. Why live the growing pains of a young kicker all the while he's costing you games? Other than Gostowski and Crosby, do any teams have any kickers with longevity that they drafted?

Because the Cardinals suck right now. You can live with growing pains when you only expect to win 6 games.

Zane Gonzalez is one of the greatest collegiate kickers of all time. Keep him and bring in another young guy with chops to compete for the job. Don't go for the geriatric crowd, go young.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA