Rams
Seahawks
49ers
Saints
Bucs
Ravens
Bengals
Giants

Judging by the looks of things, we're in for one long season. According to ESPN, Vegas has us at 4.5 wins over/under and unless we make some significant improvements, they might be right. Hopefully last year was an aberration and the 4.5 prediction is a bit harsh but I dunno. We usually end up beating someone we have no business beating(Packers in GB this season) but end up losing to teams we have no business losing to(Raiders). This team isn't that far removed from a .500 season with a cast of clowns at QB so IMO a 4 win prediction is a little unfair and we couldn't be any worse than last season, right? I think we can win between 6-8 games next year. Thoughts?

OP
OP
NJCardFan

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
good time to drop some money on the over of 4.5 wins if you have faith that this team will be two wins better with the new coaching staff.
They're at least 2 wins better. This team lost at least 3 games they should have won last year, as bad as they were. This team won only 3 games based on shoddy coaching alone. I mean, the Browns were 7.5 wins better than the previous season based on 1 freaking player and a coaching change.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Last season was such a disaster, I can't bring myself to predict that we'll win one single game next season.

I hope we'll be better. Maybe KK will be great, Rosen will take off, and the defense will be even better (I like our defense).

But there are too many "maybes" for me to confidently predict we'll improve on, or even equal, last year's joke of a performance.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They're at least 2 wins better. This team lost at least 3 games they should have won last year, as bad as they were. This team won only 3 games based on shoddy coaching alone. I mean, the Browns were 7.5 wins better than the previous season based on 1 freaking player and a coaching change.
I mean, you could also say this team won 3 games we should have lost last year, especially that GB & 2nd Niner game.

Just because a team loses a close game doesn’t mean they “should have” won it.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
All but 4 opponents are common to all our division rivals.

The 4 remaining foe are: Detroit, Pitt, Cincy and Giants (& I think only 2 of the 4 opponents may be "unique)."

Steelers are always tough. The other three teams are "on the razor blade" (i.e. could be very good/could be bad to ordinary).

After the season we just had, it's hard to be optimistic, but in general, I like our schedule.

(Note - I failed to take into account east-coast away games, but only Balt and the Giants are 3-hour east coast games. Add Cincy and we only have 3 potential "snow" games).

Last edited:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I also thought the 4.5 line was a joke last year. I was wrong.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Would love the Ravens game to be in October. And then Tampa in November.

May go to both!

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I mean, you could also say this team won 3 games we should have lost last year, especially that GB & 2nd Niner game.

several games the offense was actually building momentum....then wilks took over playcalling and killed it. I dont think its a stretch to think we should have been at least 6-10 last season

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Going to that Bucs game! The wife is a fan and from Tampa. (Maaaaybe the Giants game too.)

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
several games the offense was actually building momentum....then wilks took over playcalling and killed it. I dont think its a stretch to think we should have been at least 6-10 last season
I believe that is just a cop out people say just to make them feel good about themselves. You are what your record says you are(or were).

You don’t end up going 3-13 thinking you should have won 3 more games without it becoming a habit.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I believe that is just a cop out people say just to make them feel good about themselves. You are what your record says you are(or were).

You don’t end up going 3-13 thinking you should have won 3 more games without it becoming a habit.
so you completely discount the effect of poor coaching?

this team was better, talent wise, than the record indicates.

in the end,...yes,..we were a 3-13 team and that is what it is. but we dont need ten new starters to be a playoff team. a few guys and some decent coaching will make all the difference for this group.

OP
OP
NJCardFan

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yeah, you can. Especially considering that in the first Seattle game came down to a missed FG and the Raiders game because for some odd reason we couldn't stop them from marching 80 fricken yards. And the Bears game, we had the lead in the 4th quarter and shot themselves in the foot about a dozen times during that game. So, yeah, it's realistic we let 3 games where we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, you can. Especially considering that in the first Seattle game came down to a missed FG and the Raiders game because for some odd reason we couldn't stop them from marching 80 fricken yards. And the Bears game, we had the lead in the 4th quarter and shot themselves in the foot about a dozen times during that game. So, yeah, it's realistic we let 3 games where we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.
Ah, alright.

So every close game we lost & every game we’ll lose closely in the future, we should have won them. Doesn’t matter if it’s vice versa, but only when we lose.

That’s something.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’ll definitely take the over on 4.5. I may speed up my retirement with that bet. We’ll have 5 wins before the rest of the NFL even knows what hit them.