CJ Mosley

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems like a plug and play, veteran, skilled leader. It's that or sign Bucannon to play with Reddick and Bynes.

The ravens have slotted his pay and basically stated they will take him back at the right price.

Ravens coach John Harbaugh said he's hopeful of re-signing impending free agent ILB C.J. Mosley.
"There are limitations with the money, but C.J. wants to be back and we want him back," said Harbaugh. "So, I think that’s a really good formula for a player coming back." The 26-year-old led Baltimore with 105 tackles during the regular season while also garnering PFF's No. 12 run-stopping grade out of 61 qualifiers at inside linebacker. Jan 25 - 5:05 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9631/cj-mosley

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he's one of the guys I hope we're able to corral to shore up the middle of the field.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I'm on the CJ Moseley bus. Probably will have to overpay, but you know what? The team paid Deone Bucannon almost $9 million last year. Throw $11 million at CJ Moseley and I think he is an Arizona Cardinal.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm on the CJ Moseley bus. Probably will have to overpay, but you know what? The team paid Deone Bucannon almost $9 million last year. Throw $11 million at CJ Moseley and I think he is an Arizona Cardinal.

9 million for Buc... 7.5 for a freaking Personal Foul machine. But we couldn't afford Campbell... in a year people claim we were "going for it." Just head-scratching contracts.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Spotrac.com has calculated Mosley’s market value to be an average of $9.7 million per season. Their suggested contract is 5 years and about $49 million per year. Assuming the franchise tag is close to last year’s price, it would pay Mosley well over what his perceived market value is. The franchise tag shouldn’t be used unless the Ravens deem Mosley an irreplaceable key to the puzzle. Even then, it’s not a good deal for Baltimore.

https://ebonybird.com/2019/01/29/baltimore-ravens-want-avoid-using-franchise-tag-c-j-mosley/

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
9 million for Buc... 7.5 for a freaking Personal Foul machine. But we couldn't afford Campbell... in a year people claim we were "going for it." Just head-scratching contracts.

Stop. That contract the jags gave CC was insane. It would have been just stupid to tie up that money in a player into his 30s who's not a QB.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stop. That contract the jags gave CC was insane. It would have been just stupid to tie up that money in a player into his 30s who's not a QB.

Stupid was giving the amount of money to Gresham to make no impact whatsoever except negative penalties and Buc to be a below average, injury prone ILB at the expense of losing our best defensive player... in a year where "we were going for it". Stupid was giving HB a TWO-TIME ACL sufferer a huge contract when he hadn't proven himself healthy. Or signing a completely washed up QB who was playing on 1 leg for 20 million per year.

Signing your best defensive player... while you HAD CAP ROOM... wasn't insane no matter how many times you wished it was so so you didn't have to admit you were wrong. Not to mention, they went into that season with 10 million in cap room. The money was there if they were smart enough to recognize that Gresham and Buc added next to nothing to the team. Reality is, we decided to spend it like insane people on people who couldn't contribute.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Stupid was giving the amount of money to Gresham to make no impact whatsoever except negative penalties and Buc to be a below average, injury prone ILB at the expense of losing our best defensive player... in a year where "we were going for it". Stupid was giving HB a TWO-TIME ACL sufferer a huge contract when he hadn't proven himself healthy. Or signing a completely washed up QB who was playing on 1 leg for 20 million per year.

Signing your best defensive player... while you HAD CAP ROOM... wasn't insane no matter how many times you wished it was so so you didn't have to admit you were wrong. Not to mention, they went into that season with 10 million in cap room. The money was there if they were smart enough to recognize that Gresham and Buc added next to nothing to the team. Reality is, we decided to spend it like insane people on people who couldn't contribute.

We're talking about CC here. The Jags overpaid to get him to a team that has been historically bad. They damn near doubled our offer. CC took the money and good for him.

Your also forgetting and this plays the biggest factor. Chandler Jones or CC? You can't pay em both 15 million a year. Both got paid that year. If you have two stars you always pick the one that's younger. That's how this works.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Pay the man. This should be our day 1, Schefter reported, at the break of Free Agency, pickup.

I honestly don't see what else is out there that would improve this team at such a key position.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
We're talking about CC here. The Jags overpaid to get him to a team that has been historically bad. They damn near doubled our offer. CC took the money and good for him.

Your also forgetting and this plays the biggest factor. Chandler Jones or CC? You can't pay em both 15 million a year. Both got paid that year. If you have two stars you always pick the one that's younger. That's how this works.
Sure we could have. Instead we paid Honey Badger and David Johnson.

Cool choice.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sure we could have. Instead we paid Honey Badger and David Johnson.

Cool choice.

So don't pay David Johnson who at the time was considered a top 2/3 RB in the NFL? Not a single person on this board was mad at that signing. Can't keep playing this game. You have to look at how it played out at the time.

Right.

Last edited:

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But yes sign CJ Mosley if you can and draft Bosa. Sign me up for that

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
So don't pay David Johnson who at the time was considered a top 2/3 RB in the NFL? Not a single person on this board was mad at that signing. Can't keep playing this game. You have to look at how it played out at the time.

Right.

We all wanted to re-sign David Johnson but many people were surprised he got paid like Todd Gurley but with even more guaranteed money.

I love DJ but he has had 1 great year and 2 significant injuries.

IMO, he should have been paid 8m/year vs 13m.

You must be registered for see images attach

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Right.

Do you think that David Johnson would get his current contract if he were a free agent today? Would people here be mad if we placed the Franchise Tag on David Johnson this season to retain his rights? The projected franchise number for a RB this year is $11.2mm. David Johnson's 2019 cap number is $9.75m.

Chopper and I at the time were saying we should wait a year and see if David Johnson is actually good before paying him; we can always franchise him and work it out later. But we just paid a guy Top 2-3 money when he hasn't provided that value for the last two seasons.

I was a Keim apologist this offseason, but it's boggling that Keim is still paying players for their best seasons, even if they haven't shown themselves to be the same guy.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We all wanted to re-sign David Johnson but many people were surprised he got paid like Todd Gurley but with even more guaranteed money.

I love DJ but he has had 1 great year and 2 significant injuries.

IMO, he should have been paid 8m/year vs 13m.

You must be registered for see images attach

The only smart part about that contract is that it's only 3 years. If DJ were younger I might feel different but at this point his best season (singular) is behind him.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Trying to scope out front office deals and motives is kind of like conducting mock drafts 4 months too early.

sr7706

Registered
Reaction score
Does not sound very Cardinalesque, we never immediately target the top guy at a position in FA, we never are going to win a bidding war for said guy, and when has a top FA ever chosen us to sign with? CJ Mosley would be great, but why would the Ravens let him walk?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Does not sound very Cardinalesque, we never immediately target the top guy at a position in FA, we never are going to win a bidding war for said guy, and when has a top FA ever chosen us to sign with? CJ Mosley would be great, but why would the Ravens let him walk?

Their only reason to let him walk is money. They dont want to pay the man 10mil a year...if he wont give a hometown discount he is gone