OT: at least we're not the Browns

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had heard about this article and was looking forward to reading it. So who will be the new owner of the Browns( Warren Buffet owns Pilot Flying J ) ? Whoever is on the NFL new ownership vetting committee needs some serious soul searching about their process. I don't even understand ( yes I do ) why the Haslams are not in Fed prison.

Thanks for posting the link.

P S Do the Rooneys really know what the hell they are doing to the NFL? They took this guy's cash and let him get a foot in the door.

Look at the roster of coaches, execs etc. that have been short circuited by this clown. Rob Chudzinski had the earmarkings of a future successful coach, for one example.

Last edited:

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Michael Bidwill handled the Wilks situation very well. It needed to happen, he did it, moved on quickly and kept the locker room and the fans. Michael Bidwill earned his stripes with what he has done. Whether it succeeds or fails, he did what was best for the fan base and the franchise

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Michael Bidwill handled the Wilks situation very well. It needed to happen, he did it, moved on quickly and kept the locker room and the fans. Michael Bidwill earned his stripes with what he has done. Whether it succeeds or fails, he did what was best for the fan base and the franchise
Michael Bidwill did what was best for the bottom line. Believe me, owners of these teams could give a rats patootie about the fanbase. This is why some of them don't bat an eye to pick up and move. Case in point, who has a more rabid fanbase than the Raiders? Do the Davis' give a crap about them? Not in the least. Hell, the last few teams to change cities had pretty solid fan bases and they moved anyway. MB saw the probability of half empty stadiums if Wilks was run out another year. So, he brings in the next big thing in coaching hoping that the novelty brings people into the stadium and if the team can win a few games to keep things interesting, that's more the better. Believe me, he didn't have us in mind with this hiring. I know that's hard to hear but it is what it is.

The Kraken

Veteran
Reaction score
Totally agree, great article, thanks for sharing...Goes to show you a team's culture starts at the top...

Still laugh at the fact that the talking heads, thought the Browns job was the pick of the litter!

ReasonableMan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Michael Bidwill did what was best for the bottom line. Believe me, owners of these teams could give a rats patootie about the fanbase. This is why some of them don't bat an eye to pick up and move. Case in point, who has a more rabid fanbase than the Raiders? Do the Davis' give a crap about them? Not in the least. Hell, the last few teams to change cities had pretty solid fan bases and they moved anyway. MB saw the probability of half empty stadiums if Wilks was run out another year. So, he brings in the next big thing in coaching hoping that the novelty brings people into the stadium and if the team can win a few games to keep things interesting, that's more the better. Believe me, he didn't have us in mind with this hiring. I know that's hard to hear but it is what it is.
These aren’t mutually exclusive things. Firing Wilks was both good for the bottom line and good for the fan base

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Sorry about this - I’m overseas and the internet is sketchy.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
These aren’t mutually exclusive things. Firing Wilks was both good for the bottom line and good for the fan base
But he didn't do it for us. As I said, owners care not for the fans. Not in the least. Our happiness is just a byproduct, not the motivation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
But he didn't do it for us. As I said, owners care not for the fans. Not in the least. Our happiness is just a byproduct, not the motivation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You really think a smart owner doesn’t know he makes more money with a happy fan base? They go hand in hand.

More wins equal a happier fan base, a happier fan base equal higher attendance/purchase of Cardinal products, more wins equal the possibility of more games with the playoffs which equals more money for the owner. Having happier fans is also why teams makes stadium improvements, it’s an investment that pays in the end. Owners aren’t in the business to lose money and they definitely do make decisions to appease an upset fan base.