The Bosa Injury

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
IMO, the way Bosa looked before getting hurt he was on pace to break his brother’s Ohio St sack record. Had he stayed on that projected rate the Raiders and Niners would’ve never let themselves get out-tanked. Make them pay.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
IMO, the way Bosa looked before getting hurt he was on pace to break his brother’s Ohio St sack record. Had he stayed on that projected rate the Raiders and Niners would’ve never let themselves get out-tanked. Make them pay.

Joey was a top 3 pick. Nick is as ggood or better. Draft the man. This is not an Eric Fisher draft. Bosa is a franchise pass rusher

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
No reason just policy with that dude, I did not even comment at all. He went on my profile page and left a message about my wife that is completely uncalled for, and he called us obese, and my wife is not fat at all. My nickname is Fat Guy, and everybody I know calls me that so ya that really hurt. :biglaugh::deadhorse:

You must be registered for see images attach

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been brought up, but could Bosa be a 3-4 DE AND the Cards re-sign Golden to play OLB? Seems like that would be a very potent pass rush with CJ.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been brought up, but could Bosa be a 3-4 DE AND the Cards re-sign Golden to play OLB? Seems like that would be a very potent pass rush with CJ.

Bosa can absolutely play in the 3-4. Obvious he is going to have his hand in the dirt on passing downs, but he translates just fine to the 3-4

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I'm not sold on Bosa as a 3-4 DE. He is 270 maxed out? 6'3? He is an OLB or you might as well just draft Quinnen Williams. You want to bounce Bosa inside in nickel...I'm good with that at times. You want to play him as a DE in a system that plays Malik Jackson and Derek Wolfe who are a long 295 at that same spot...you are asking for issues.

wkycardsfan

Rookie
Reaction score
I'm not sold on Bosa as a 3-4 DE. He is 270 maxed out? 6'3? He is an OLB or you might as well just draft Quinnen Williams. You want to bounce Bosa inside in nickel...I'm good with that at times. You want to play him as a DE in a system that plays Malik Jackson and Derek Wolfe who are a long 295 at that same spot...you are asking for issues.

Exactly this. Round peg into square hole drafting Bosa to a 3-4 defense. I'm sure he will do the bare minimum between now and the draft so small chance he is gonna do position drills as a 3-4 OLB prior to the draft. So if you are drafting him as a OLB in a 3-4 your hoping he can drop into coverage. If you take him as a DE in a 3-4 your hoping he can add weight and still be effective. He may take to either of those changes perfectly but that's far from certain. What is fairly certain is, if healthy, he can be a very good 4-3 DE but we just committed to the 3-4 again. Drafting him to a 3-4 defense would require taking him away from his natural position with either position you move him into. If you want a 3-4 DE you take Q. Williams and if you want a 3-4 OLB you take J. Allen, unless you are sure Bosa can transition into one of those positions. The more I have thought about it, if we can get a good package and remain in the top 6, then trading down to get additional picks may very well be the overall best option.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Exactly this. Round peg into square hole drafting Bosa to a 3-4 defense. I'm sure he will do the bare minimum between now and the draft so small chance he is gonna do position drills as a 3-4 OLB prior to the draft. So if you are drafting him as a OLB in a 3-4 your hoping he can drop into coverage. If you take him as a DE in a 3-4 your hoping he can add weight and still be effective. He may take to either of those changes perfectly but that's far from certain. What is fairly certain is, if healthy, he can be a very good 4-3 DE but we just committed to the 3-4 again. Drafting him to a 3-4 defense would require taking him away from his natural position with either position you move him into. If you want a 3-4 DE you take Q. Williams and if you want a 3-4 OLB you take J. Allen, unless you are sure Bosa can transition into one of those positions. The more I have thought about it, if we can get a good package and remain in the top 6, then trading down to get additional picks may very well be the overall best option.

Who wants to trade into the 1st spot 2-6?

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
How sure are you Williams fans that he can play DE in the 3-4? How do you know his passrush won`t be nullified by a solid OT?Seems to me that Clemson shut Williams down and Clemson only has one draftable Oline guy.I know Williams played well versus Oklahoma but then he disappears versus Clemson.

wkycardsfan

Rookie
Reaction score
Who wants to trade into the 1st spot 2-6?

Possibly no one unless one of the QB's really shows out in the next few weeks or one of those teams feels that Bosa is worthy of trading in to #1 for. Definitely not the best year for the Cards to have the #1 pick. The deepest areas in this draft are pass rushing DE/OLB types and DT's. A team would have to be convinced Bosa is so far ahead of the others that it is worth trading up to get as opposed to staying put and taking the best still available from a pretty deep OLB/DE crop. If the team was looking to trade out of #1 you probably aren't getting the same package as you would if this draft had a big time QB prospect.

wkycardsfan

Rookie
Reaction score
How sure are you Williams fans that he can play DE in the 3-4?

If I remember correctly he was a DE last year at Alabama before moving to DT this season. Unfortunately as I get older my memory seems to get worse.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
How sure are you Williams fans that he can play DE in the 3-4? How do you know his passrush won`t be nullified by a solid OT?Seems to me that Clemson shut Williams down and Clemson only has one draftable Oline guy.I know Williams played well versus Oklahoma but then he disappears versus Clemson.

What does "shut him down" mean? I counted 3-4 tackles for loss, a couple QB pressures, and multiple double teams. I think Q's biggest weakness is conditioning at this point. His punch, swim, and motor are solid.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
What does "shut him down" mean? I counted 3-4 tackles for loss, a couple QB pressures, and multiple double teams. I think Q's biggest weakness is conditioning at this point. His punch, swim, and motor are solid.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

He is mostly nullified in this video. Every double team pretty much shuts him down.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I'm wearing Bucky's bird mask it that picture. It was taken when we were all in Miami. I think that was the bird gang travel club's first ever event.