The 2018-2019 Around the NBA thread

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got a chuckle out of the announcer comparing him to Luka Modric. Gonna guess that like 80% of the viewers have no idea who that is.

It reminded me of how crazy good Steve Nash was at kicking the ball.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anthony Davis out with a bad finger lol. I think it’s going to happen soon.

A package built around Lonzo and Kuzma would be a good deal for the Pelicans. Much better than Jaylen Brown and Al Horford.

Lonzo got hurt last night, stepped on someone's foot and badly rolled his ankle. Had to be carried off the court. They said no break but I would assume he's out for awhile.

Lakers fell apart after he went out. Harden had 48 points, I26 of them came after Lonzo left the game. It was part Lonzo playign good defense and part Harden just being off.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rockets trade Carmelo Anthony to the Bulls.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Russel has turned into a tremendous player for the Nets.

The Lakers would have been kicking themselves for trading him if Kuzma hadn’t turned out so good.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Russel has turned into a tremendous player for the Nets.

The Lakers would have been kicking themselves for trading him if Kuzma hadn’t turned out so good.

Is Kuzma really that good?

Im honestly not impressed with any of the young Lakers. They get a lot of hype because there in LA but would you consider any of those 3 a franchise player? Good NBA players guys that can contribute yes but I don't see star on any of them.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Klay hits 10 straight 3’s on 2-3 dribbles. Imagine if Booker had those type of opportunities.

Klay might be the best shooter in NBA history?

I mean I can't think of anyone else that goes on these kind of runs like him. Even he's hot it's insane

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Klay hits 10 straight 3’s on 2-3 dribbles. Imagine if Booker had those type of opportunities.
Put Booker on the Warriors and he would. The attempts that Klay gets are mostly about the rest of the starters (Curry, Durrant, Green) than him. He is good - I am not discounting that - but the perfect scheme in Phoenix would still not yield those opportunities - yet. In my opinion, of course.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

10-11 from 3 17-20 overall. Unreal. There was one sequence where Klay hit a 3 while Kuzma ran over Draymond setting the screen. They called the foul counted the bucket, then looked at replay and decided the foul happened first and wiped out the bucket. Warriors inbounded ran a play for Klay corner 3 swish.

He has absolutely gotten his mojo back, it is the single biggest reason the Warriors are on a roll now, after last night he'd 38-75 during the 8 game win streak on 3's, 27 PPG with a 43 and 44 point game. He had 44 in 27 minutes last night.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Put Booker on the Warriors and he would. The attempts that Klay gets are mostly about the rest of the starters (Curry, Durrant, Green) than him. He is good - I am not discounting that - but the perfect scheme in Phoenix would still not yield those opportunities - yet. In my opinion, of course.

It certainly helps him to have the other guys but remember Klay was this good before Durant got there. What I love about Klay is even when his jumper wasn't falling earlier in the year, he was still defending his butt off.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Klay might be the best shooter in NBA history?

I mean I can't think of anyone else that goes on these kind of runs like him. Even he's hot it's insane

Steph hits a higher % on more attempts at a much higher degree f difficulty/responsibility. There’s #1 all time, a huge gap and then Klay/Ray.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
10-11 from 3 17-20 overall. Unreal. There was one sequence where Klay hit a 3 while Kuzma ran over Draymond setting the screen. They called the foul counted the bucket, then looked at replay and decided the foul happened first and wiped out the bucket. Warriors inbounded ran a play for Klay corner 3 swish.

He has absolutely gotten his mojo back, it is the single biggest reason the Warriors are on a roll now, after last night he'd 38-75 during the 8 game win streak on 3's, 27 PPG with a 43 and 44 point game. He had 44 in 27 minutes last night.

I remember thinking he’d be a solid 6th man coming out of Washington St. Might be Myers best pick considering many thought it was a reach and poor fit. Then there were those Klay for Love rumors and Kerr said F-no.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Steph hits a higher % on more attempts at a much higher degree f difficulty/responsibility. There’s #1 all time, a huge gap and then Klay/Ray.

Oh I don't disagree at all, Klay and Durant both regularly say they think Steph is amazing, best shooter of his era.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember thinking he’d be a solid 6th man coming out of Washington St. Might be Myers best pick considering many thought it was a reach and poor fit. Then there were those Klay for Love rumors and Kerr said F-no.

Yeah the 2 best trades the Warriors have ever made were NOT trading Curry and Klay when it was being proposed separately. Curry because of the ankle, Klay because they thought they needed a better rebounder.

The Klay pick was huge of course but going from good to title contender the most important pick IMO was Draymond. 2nd rounder that allowed them to not only let David Lee go, but NOT make the Kevin Love deal.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah the 2 best trades the Warriors have ever made were NOT trading Curry and Klay when it was being proposed separately. Curry because of the ankle, Klay because they thought they needed a better rebounder.

The Klay pick was huge of course but going from good to title contender the most important pick IMO was Draymond. 2nd rounder that allowed them to not only let David Lee go, but NOT make the Kevin Love deal.
I remember that there was serious talk about Klay for Kevin Love when Love was going to leave Minny. GS finally said no.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember that there was serious talk about Klay for Kevin Love when Love was going to leave Minny. GS finally said no.

It was a big deal in the Bay Area people really felt it needed to happen to get to the next level. So glad they didn't make that deal, Love is not aging well with his knees, and Klay is so much better on defense.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I kind of wish Klay and Steph did get separated so we could see what Klay could do on his own team, and what Steph would do without Klay as a sidekick. I think they would be closer than most think. Curry is always a problem for other teams but when Klay gets going there is nothing that can stop him. Klay probably has 10 games a year where he looks like the best shooter ever and the top player in the league but when he's off he's really off. Steph doesn't have that problem, or not nearly as bad. Klay is a defender and Steph isn't but Steph can get others going as a PG while Klay won't ever be mistaken for a PG, not even in a Point Booker type of way. If Klay didn't share a team with Curry and KD the last 3-4 years though it wouldn't surprise me if he was able to surpass Kobe's 81 point game as well as Booker's 70 point outing. He's just an unstoppable scorer when he gets going.

I hope Durant leaves so we can see more of Steph and Klay at least without KD taking 20 shots from them a night, at least. The Warriors were fun to watch in Durant's first year there because he bought in but now it seems like KD's OKC team with Curry and Klay playing the role of Westbrook and Harden, kind of. The Warriors were much more entertaining before Durant and the longer they keep him there the harder it'll be for everyone to go back to the style they played before, more freestyling offense.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

His athleticism at the age of 30 is just insane. Might be the 2nd most athletic PG of all time after prime Derrick Rose.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anthony Davis could possibly be out 2-4 weeks depending upon diagnosis.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Possible serious knee injury for Victor Oladipo.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave