OT AFC championship Patriots at Chiefs

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Both host cities are beat down

And both arguably should have won lol. Questionable officiating in both will be talked about a lot. Can we have a Saints - Chiefs game and call it the should have been SB that’s the game people wanted to see!

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
You almost could not script this better than to have not one but TWO overtime championship games. The NFL is so good.

It's so real, you can practically taste the drama.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
9 super bowls for TB and BB that's amazing

Absolutely amazing. In sports history, only the UCLA Bruins & Boston Celtics had similar stretches of dominance. The Yankees are a dominant franchise, but their Championships were spread over longer stretches.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Would say worse. They haven't been to a super bowl in 50 years.

That's true, but they have a young stud QB who will have them in contention for years to come. Brees's days are coming to an end. And when Payton ever decides to retire, their fans may be wearing bags over their heads again.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every third down throw was perf.

Dee Ford tho...

It's just as Romo was saying too, there's literally one WR on the Pats who has both outside speed and any talent at all, Dorsett. Patterson can run but he's basically a KR. Edelman and Gronk are amazing but neither has any speed at all. So everyone knows what's going to happen and Brady just puts the ball exactly where it needs to be.

He's absolutely the GOAT and this is someone who grew up in Joe Montana territory.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Absolutely amazing. In sports history, only the UCLA Bruins & Boston Celtics had similar stretches of dominance. The Yankees are a dominant franchise, but their Championships were spread over longer stretches.
What makes the Pats' dynasty better is that it has taken place during the free agency/salary cap era. Hard pressed to find a team this competitive for 10 years let alone for almost 20. And as long as Brady and BB stay around, they're still going to be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
What makes the Pats' dynasty better is that it has taken place during the free agency/salary cap era. Hard pressed to find a team this competitive for 10 years let alone for almost 20. And as long as Brady and BB stay around, they're still going to be great.

Certainly doesn't hurt that the best QB ever takes a modest salary instead of hamstringing his team.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

So true. The NFL will never see anything like this again.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Certainly doesn't hurt that the best QB ever takes a modest salary instead of hamstringing his team.

That certainly helps. He's not even the breadwinner in his own house. He's just the trophy husband.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Interesting game. What leaped (lept?) out at me was that each QB was relatively "clean" in the pocket -seldom got nailed and found time to hit an open receiver. (Mahomes accomplished this mainly through athletic mobility. Brady did it with his brain).

Also - both QB's accomplished this by throwing thru tight windows - those weren't easy passes, they often were high-risk balls that somehow made it to the receiver.

Final note - There were at least 2 Mahomes completions to wide-open RB's on wheel-routes down the left sideline that left me bewildered that receivers could be that wide-open vs. a Belechick secondary.

ReasonableMan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It seemed like Brady was on the money on every throw that mattered. I am sick of New England, but seriously Brady is the best to ever play.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Final note - There were at least 2 Mahomes completions to wide-open RB's on wheel-routes down the left sideline that left me bewildered that receivers could be that wide-open vs. a Belechick secondary.
Because the secondary had to cover Hill, Watkins, and Kelce. Can't cover everyone. The fact that they held KC scoreless in the first half is nothing less than remarkable.

And the one glaring thing that stood out yesterday was that KC sorely missed Hunt.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seemed like Brady was on the money on every throw that mattered. I am sick of New England, but seriously Brady is the best to ever play.

A friend had an interesting synopsis of Brady and the NE offense. He said if you actually pay attention they almost never have 0 or negative plays on first down. They understand a 3 yard swing pass means 2nd and 7 which is much better than 2nd and 10 if you go deep and miss the play. If you look at their stats on long passes and things of that nature they're very pedestrian. What Brady does better than anybody is move the chains.

Add in that he rarely gets sacked because he gets it out so quickly, and that he doesn't beat himself with turnovers and it is a big reason why they have been so good on offense for so long. Someone in that org a long time ago figured out a little success on first down goes a long way in the NFL.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Reid IMO really checked out too early, they had 11 seconds left he should have let Mahomes go for the win. Plenary of time to take a shot then kick a fog if you don’t make it, but so many weapons and a QB that makes TDS happen you have to take a shot there. And / or don’t score so quickly and leave Brady 2 minutes like a ********. But to take the game out of Mahomes hands for the tie and basically leave it up to the coin flip to decide the game was dumb! Everyone in the stadium knew whoever won the coin toss was going to win with a TD the way the offenses were rolling in the 4th!

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Reid IMO really checked out too early, they had 11 seconds left he should have let Mahomes go for the win. Plenary of time to take a shot then kick a fog if you don’t make it, but so many weapons and a QB that makes TDS happen you have to take a shot there. And / or don’t score so quickly and leave Brady 2 minutes like a ********. But to take the game out of Mahomes hands for the tie and basically leave it up to the coin flip to decide the game was dumb! Everyone in the stadium knew whoever won the coin toss was going to win with a TD the way the offenses were rolling in the 4th!

He threw it away on previous play IIRC. No reason to risk a pick in the end zone stacked with defenders. Kick the FG and you have a 50% shot at winning the coin flip/game. Also the Pats DL was in his face all night and they had no timeouts.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
He threw it away on previous play IIRC. No reason to risk a pick in the end zone stacked with defenders. Kick the FG and you have a 50% shot at winning the coin flip/game. Also the Pats DL was in his face all night and they had no timeouts.

More reason to develop a devastating pass rush. If he can’t get a throw off, his completion percentage will be low.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

They have proven repeatedly they can score in an instant, Reid went puss mode and didn’t let MVP QB have a chance! Hit a quick sideline route or something go for the win geesh they were rolling in the 4th only to go conservative when they could have ended it right then! You give Brady multiple chances and. You and Reid should know what’s gonna happen. Just my opinion but I think Reid really handled the last few minutes poorly.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave