Reaction score
the nfl got exactly what they wanted.
The oft talked about "Young Genius" in McVay
versus the old guard genius in Billichek

this is your story line,...old legends versus poo hot young minds

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Screw the Rams. They are lucky to even be in the game.

I'm actually rooting for Brady. The dude clearly is the GOAT and I enjoy watching great players.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will be watching the game for the fun of it.

Maybe the Rams will provide a preview of what the Cardinals might look like next season.

I want the Cardinals to be exciting.

Last edited:

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
the nfl got exactly what they wanted.
The oft talked about "Young Genius" in McVay
versus the old guard genius in Billichek

this is your story line,...old legends versus **** hot young minds
And the QBs.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Very easy. I'll root against the Rams. I watched the Saints/Rams game with a pretty open mind. The officials, as usual, stole that game. I feel horrible for a guy like Brees, who at his age, may not have another opportunity to get to the SB. Especially feel bad for their fans, who pour their hearts & souls into that franchise.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Pats.

Do not know what the big deal about the Pats is. I think Tom Brady is a great QB, not the greatest QB, not the greatest football player of all time, but a great QB.

The team is good, they work hard at what they do.

If people are "bored" with them, then don't watch the game.

The Rams? Division rivals? Screw them, and their coach who is causing the Cardinals to make a HUGE mistake.

Not to mention the Rams lost the game to the Saints, and the Saints got screwed.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Very easy. I'll root against the Rams. I watched the Saints/Rams game with a pretty open mind. The officials, as usual, stole that game. I feel horrible for a guy like Brees, who at his age, may not have another opportunity to get to the SB. Especially feel bad for their fans, who pour their hearts & souls into that franchise.

There is so much I do not like about modern football (and yes, I have watched less, and less so I put my money where my keyboard is), but the fact the games are more or less decided by the refs is the worst part about it.

The game is so over-officiated that the refs are more of a part of the game than the actual game.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
There is so much I do not like about modern football (and yes, I have watched less, and less so I put my money where my keyboard is), but the fact the games are more or less decided by the refs is the worst part about it.

The game is so over-officiated that the refs are more of a part of the game than the actual game.

I agree 1000%. I was very open minded yesterday in regards to both games. When the games started, I really didn't care who won. I just wanted to watch entertaining football. It wasn't long & the refs just made me miserable. The inconsistencies on PI calls just drives me mad. The NFL needs to go the college route & make a PI call a 15 yard penalty. Nothing makes my blood boil more than when teams just throw up 40 yard prayers into the endzone & get rewarded with the ball on the 1.

After yesterdays crap, the NFL will now change the rules again & give coaches the opportunity to review penalties. Why wasn't that already in place?? You can't obviously challenge every penalty, but you should be allotted more red flags to now include penalty reviews. When I was a younger man, and if I were a Saints fan in that stadium, I would have gone nuts.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm rooting for the Pat's because my daughter lives near Boston plus I dislike Kroeneke.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Screw the Rams. They are lucky to even be in the game.

I'm actually rooting for Brady. The dude clearly is the GOAT and I enjoy watching great players.

Yup this is squarely where I fall. As well As Suh being a rotten person. Don't want to see him get a SB.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Both teams can suck it! I may not even watch considering how much refs influenced the outcome of both qualifiers.

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score

Wish I could hit "like" a thousand times.

It truly seems like the league thinks that this is what we the fans want. Having an official on standby to assess every call, showing every replay ad nauseum, discussing the most trivial details and over-analyzing the poo out of every "controversial" call.

Just shut up and play the game.

Rams1Fan

Rookie
Reaction score
And their whistles

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As I've previously posted, I grew up a Rams fan. And I'm going to cheer for them to win.

I know for a fact that a lot of the pre-St Louis Rams have been thrilled to pieces to have them back in L.A. I know that they hated what She Who Will Not Be Named did to their team. I know how much the guys who played in the 1979 Super Bowl want this win. Jackie Slater. Vince Ferragamo. Jack Youngblood. I want this game for them. Because they are great guys and I loved watching them play as much as I now love watching the Cardinals play.

Plus... I don't want to have to watch the Patriots owner hoist another trophy. I'll leave politics out of it but....dude is a bozo.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
One of my best friends is from Agoura (class of 96) and had to watch bandwagon fans in St. Louis and elsewhere enjoy the greatest show on turf. I respect true LA Ram fans

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's a lot like life. The more rules and laws you pass, the more convoluted life becomes. Same with football. They keep coming up with new rules until things are so convoluted that even the officials don't know what is and isn't a catch or a penalty. Take the roughing the passer call on Brady or the one on Mahomes. What constitutes going low? What constitutes blow to the head? This is why the numbers are so ridiculous. Defenders don't know what is and isn't legal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk