The Bosa Injury

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like Bosa but he is not worth the #1 pick in the draft.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't know enough about either guys to have a real opinion, but Allen hasn't missed a game in three or four years in arguably the toughest conference in college football. I also don't think the Bosa injury is as big of a deal as some are making it out to be .

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I get why most want to draft Bosa and logic says draft him but dang I got this queasy feeling he's going to be a often injured bust like Wadsworth... and no, I have no idea why but this is just the kind of pick the Cardinals of old would select, and then get laughed at our draft futility or rather luck years later

Didn’t Swann and Wadsworth have microfracture surgery the same year? How crazy is that...

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
A young man is going to recover from that in no time.

I had bilateral hernia surgery in college, and they sliced me open "old school" style, and still was able to play rugby and be in a scrum.

Bosa will be fine.

Is he the pick at #1 ? I have no clue, but it sounds like he is head a shoulders above the rest of the talent in the draft. So, year's past has proven that sometimes the draft is easy, and when the best player available is there, you pick him and you do not be "cute" or a arrogant smart ass about it. <-- That is directed at Keim, FYI, not any posters on this thread.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
A young man is going to recover from that in no time.

I had bilateral hernia surgery in college, and they sliced me open "old school" style, and still was able to play rugby and be in a scrum.

Bosa will be fine.

Is he the pick at #1 ? I have no clue, but it sounds like he is head a shoulders above the rest of the talent in the draft. So, year's past has proven that sometimes the draft is easy, and when the best player available is there, you pick him and you do not be "cute" or a arrogant smart ass about it. <-- That is directed at Keim, FYI, not any posters on this thread.

be nice if the pick was easy. But it aint. Bosa doesnt really fit our defensive system

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
be nice if the pick was easy. But it aint. Bosa doesnt really fit our defensive system

OK

The Niners must love being behind the modern day Al Davis.

They will probably pick Bosa, and the kid will be getting 20 sacks a year. LOL AND they run a 3-4.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
OK

They will probably pick Bosa, and the kid will be getting 20 sacks a year. LOL AND they run a 3-4.
the kid is good no doubt. My point is, the pick would be easier if he were a defined 34 DE or OLB rather than being a tweener...because the dude is a 43 DE.
for our team,...it would have been better if Allen were the consensus top pick...he does everything a 34 OLB is supposed to do.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
OK

Obsessing over what SF will do is a quick way to tie our roster into knots. (We've got enough problems with our own personnel to worry about what the Niners might do).

As a long-time Cardinal rooter thru good times & (mostly) bad, my mind-set falls into the category of: "If we draft Bosa, he'll get injured; but if we don't, he'll become the next Lawrence Taylor."

Only way to combat this is (1) get better medical/training personnel, (2) use better medical info to make wiser decisions concerning durability and (3) play the percentages.

And, oh yeah, (4) don't worry about the Niners.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Didn’t Swann and Wadsworth have microfracture surgery the same year? How crazy is that...

I know, a crazy coincidence with I believe the same doctor with a not so fortunate track record from I believe Colorado. I think Boso has the talent from looking at his tenure in college to warrant a first pick by all means... but there is something about him :D

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Obsessing over what SF will do is a quick way to tie our roster into knots. (We've got enough problems with our own personnel to worry about what the Niners might do).

As a long-time Cardinal rooter thru good times & (mostly) bad, my mind-set falls into the category of: "If we draft Bosa, he'll get injured; but if we don't, he'll become the next Lawrence Taylor."

Only way to combat this is (1) get better medical/training personnel, (2) use better medical info to make wiser decisions concerning durability and (3) play the percentages.

And, oh yeah, (4) don't worry about the Niners.

????

What on earth are you talking about ?

The Niners pick AFTER us, that is all that brings them into the conversation. How they have any effect on the Cardinals decision, and how you got all that from what I typed as a joking statement to slam the Cardinals and their GM is beyond me ?

But, hey run with it.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
the kid is good no doubt. My point is, the pick would be easier if he were a defined 34 DE or OLB rather than being a tweener...because the dude is a 43 DE.
for our team,...it would have been better if Allen were the consensus top pick...he does everything a 34 OLB is supposed to do.

Fair enough.

I will take your word for it, I haven't looked into any of this past the casual headlines.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Video of Bosa's injury:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Am I following this thread correctly? How did WisconsinCard get pulled in?

No reason just policy with that dude, I did not even comment at all. He went on my profile page and left a message about my wife that is completely uncalled for, and he called us obese, and my wife is not fat at all. My nickname is Fat Guy, and everybody I know calls me that so ya that really hurt. :biglaugh::deadhorse:

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
????

The Niners pick AFTER us, that is all that brings them into the conversation. How they have any effect on the Cardinals decision, and how you got all that from what I typed as a joking statement to slam the Cardinals and their GM is beyond me ?

But, hey run with it.
I'm runnin'.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
No reason just policy with that dude, I did not even comment at all. He went on my profile page and left a message about my wife that is completely uncalled for, and he called us obese, and my wife is not fat at all. My nickname is Fat Guy, and everybody I know calls me that so ya that really hurt. :biglaugh::deadhorse:

That's pretty low. I always thought Timm was cool too.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
????

But, hey run with it.

I believe Jeff is running with those who have posted that we need to take Bosa so the 9ers don't and or not to trade back because the 9ers want Bosa.

I don't agree with Jeff that we shouldn't think/worry about what the 9ers or any and every other team may do in this draft but I will say that that should be secondary to what we want and need to make our team better.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score

A Dr named Steadman created it but it was relatively experimental when these guys had it. It failed often It’s still used in limited circumstances today, but the technique is better.

I noted some negative comments about Swann. He was great before his knees gave out. In fact I think he was the best DT the Cards ever had.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score

I think Bosa does fine as a 3-4 DE. The Cards would stunt often and even go to a 4-3 in some situations.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I believe Jeff is running with those who have posted that we need to take Bosa so the 9ers don't and or not to trade back because the 9ers want Bosa.

I don't agree with Jeff that we shouldn't think/worry about what the 9ers or any and every other team may do in this draft but I will say that that should be secondary to what we want and need to make our team better.
Just as I don't agree with those in favor of tanking a season in order to do better in the draft, I don't agree with those who believe in "drafting to shaft a rival" because it scrambles priorities - i.e. draft Bosa in order to screw the Niners only to, say, overly downgrade Greedy Williams who then becomes Rookie of the Year.

If you like Bosa, draft Bosa. If you don't like Bosa, don't draft him, but draft the player who can improve your roster most. (I'd hate to draft the wrong player to screw the Niners only to have Seattle &/or the Rams outdraft us when we weren't looking).

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just as I don't agree with those in favor of tanking a season in order to do better in the draft, I don't agree with those who believe in "drafting to shaft a rival" because it scrambles priorities - i.e. draft Bosa in order to screw the Niners only to, say, overly downgrade Greedy Williams who then becomes Rookie of the Year.

If you like Bosa, draft Bosa. If you don't like Bosa, don't draft him, but draft the player who can improve your roster most. (I'd hate to draft the wrong player to screw the Niners only to have Seattle &/or the Rams outdraft us when we weren't looking).

I agree with all the above, thanks for clarifying.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopefully we will not be in this position again for a long time. It’s simple. We have an opportunity to draft the BEST player in college football. If Bosa indeed grades out head and shoulders above all others then take him. ANY player we select could get hurt and be out for the season before the season even begins. Draft Bosa, sign Moseley and we are looking at one of the weakest units on our team to one of the biggest strengths. Chandler, Moseley, Bosa and Bynes..I’ll take it. Look at the bears. Mack, trevathan, Floyd and and Smith. I’m loving this idea.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson