Official UFC/MMA Thread

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In fighting whenever the light heavyweight champ fights the heavyweight champ it never ends good for the smaller guy.

I'm a big DC fan and he seems like a great guy and I didn't buy this PPV because I honestly didn't want to see him get beat up.

I checked my bleacher report app and see he pulled it off!! Not only did he pull it off but a 1st round Ko wow

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of blood sports, I don't follow boxing at all, I watch about 2 UFA PPVs a year and those only because one of my best friends never misses them, I find most matches are 2 dudes rolling around for 10 minutes on a mat or 2 dudes brutalizing each other so severely that it's makes me sad to watch.

That said... it's absurd, even by UFC standards, that they're letting Conor McGregor back in the fold. This guy single handedly destroyed one of their pay per views by committing felony assault on his fellow combatants prior to their matches... a PPV he wasn't even a part of. It's a plot line I'd expect from WWE, not from anything that pretends to be legitimate. Something McGregor never even apologized for. He cost the company millions, he altered the careers of several fellow fighters... and he's being rewarded for it by headlining his comeback match.

This is like if the David Johnson was mad that the Cards were not in the playoffs, so he beat a bunch of Eagles players with bats... and in turn the Cardinals were given a free pass to the NFC title game the next season.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of blood sports, I don't follow boxing at all, I watch about 2 UFA PPVs a year and those only because one of my best friends never misses them, I find most matches are 2 dudes rolling around for 10 minutes on a mat or 2 dudes brutalizing each other so severely that it's makes me sad to watch.

That said... it's absurd, even by UFC standards, that they're letting Conor McGregor back in the fold. This guy single handedly destroyed one of their pay per views by committing felony assault on his fellow combatants prior to their matches... a PPV he wasn't even a part of. It's a plot line I'd expect from WWE, not from anything that pretends to be legitimate. Something McGregor never even apologized for. He cost the company millions, he altered the careers of several fellow fighters... and he's being rewarded for it by headlining his comeback match.

This is like if the David Johnson was mad that the Cards were not in the playoffs, so he beat a bunch of Eagles players with bats... and in turn the Cardinals were given a free pass to the NFC title game the next season.

Don't like blood sports but you watch the NFL Huh...interesting .

Your really reaching with the whole McGregor thing and I don't even really like the guy.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That was crazy.

Khabib dominated and forced McGregor to tap in the 4th round. He looked like he wanted to keep going after McGregor and got into a shouting match with someone in McGregor's corner. Khabib then jumped out of the octagon and attacked the guy in the audience as chaos ensued. At the same time, someone from Khabib's camp jumped into the octagon and connected with a right directly on McGregor's face. After things finally calmed down, Dana White refused to give Khabib the belt in the ring. This one is going to have real world consequences.

Last edited:

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The UFC let this happen. It's the deal with the devil the UFC made. This was ugly from day 1.

The bus incident, the press conference's got super ugly with McGregor doing whatever he wants because he sells tickets so Dana caters to him. McGregor talked about Khabib's family, his team, his race. It's like a powder keg.

McGregor has what won 1 fight in the last 4 years? At this point he's a better talker than a fighter.

Congrats to Khabib

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
The UFC let this happen. It's the deal with the devil the UFC made. This was ugly from day 1.

The bus incident, the press conference's got super ugly with McGregor doing whatever he wants because he sells tickets so Dana caters to him. McGregor talked about Khabib's family, his team, his race. It's like a powder keg.

McGregor has what won 1 fight in the last 4 years? At this point he's a better talker than a fighter.

Congrats to Khabib
Yep.. Khabib and his team did no talking in the run up... they just let their rage build internally.

Though obviously not as highly publicized as this, the bus incident was every bit as terrible. And, at the end of the day, I'm sure Dana will take the guy who thoroughly beat Conor being that much more marketable after this.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Conor wants an immediate rematch... Tony Ferguson clearly deserves the next shot.

So clearly Conor will get an immediate rematch.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
UFC continues the clown show. Jon Jones flunks yet another drug test Vegas says he can't fight so they move the fight.

So desperate for any kind of stars it's pathetic

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You Motherf@&):)/$!

Damn you ESPN. Im watching the UFC debut on ESPN+ and who's hosting it? Steven A Smith good lord.

I skipped Pac vs Broner for this

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Diaz vs Masvidal this Saturday and I can’t wait....to watch it on YouTube

Cause I’ll be watching Canelo vs Kovalev

what a disaster to have these two cards on the same night

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member