Who in the playoffs are we waiting to interview for OC?

Who are we waiting to interview for OC?

• Total voters

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Poll coming.

It struck me sitting here that it seems odd for the Cards to be wasting time hiring a coordinator. Maybe the fit hasn't been right with Koach K. Maybe Koach K is trying to wait out Keim until he can get the college assistant he wants.

But, maybe we're waiting to interview someone from the remaining playoff teams. Who you do think we could be targeting?

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I guessed Fisch and Lombardi. Didn’t they already interview Taylor?

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
My impression is we are trying to find someone that is the right fit (lots of NFL experience and a personality fit with KK) but we are needing someone that doesn't have a current OC opportunity. Its a shallow pool.

Scott Linehan just got fired from the Cowboys...I would expect that he fits at least 2/3 criteria above.

Hypothesis

Draft Junkie
Reaction score
I thought about this, but he's only been with KC for 2 years.
Oh I don't think he would be the one they hire but he is respected as a bright young mind who understands the QB position. I think they would like to talk to him at least .

Hypothesis

Draft Junkie
Reaction score
There is also Shane Waldron, te coach for the Rams . His name has been circulated by some as an up and coming coach .

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Poll coming.

It struck me sitting here that it seems odd for the Cards to be wasting time hiring a coordinator. Maybe the fit hasn't been right with Koach K. Maybe Koach K is trying to wait out Keim until he can get the college assistant he wants.

But, maybe we're waiting to interview someone from the remaining playoff teams. Who you do think we could be targeting?

I'm really hoping this is the case because it's just starting to seem weird we haven't locked that position down yet.

I'm leaning Zach Taylor, but he might get a head coaching gig. Don't know much about anyone else but if we plucked someone else from that Rams coaching tree, I'd be optimistic.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I'm really hoping this is the case because it's just starting to seem weird we haven't locked that position down yet.

I'm leaning Zach Taylor, but he might get a head coaching gig. Don't know much about anyone else but if we plucked someone else from that Rams coaching tree, I'd be optimistic.

As someone mentioned earlier, it's widely believed that Taylor has the Bengals' HC job locked up.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

the oc is a glorified position. Major OC candidates are turning it down for good reason as they wont really be an OC. If anything we could hire a "passing coordinator" and "running coordinator" and be just fine. Because KK is the OC, I don't think its weird and really have zero concerns about this.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the oc is a glorified position. Major OC candidates are turning it down for good reason as they wont really be an OC. If anything we could hire a "passing coordinator" and "running coordinator" and be just fine. Because KK is the OC, I don't think its weird and really have zero concerns about this.

that's great and all, but you rarely seem to have concerns about anything the Cardinals do or don't do.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that's great and all, but you rarely seem to have concerns about anything the Cardinals do or don't do.
Just because I lack melodrama doesn't change that this really isn't a big deal.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I haven't heard of any candidates turning us down, did I miss something.

I can't think of a single team that doesn't have an OC. I can name several teams that the HC calls the plays.

It's curious that we haven't hired an OC yet but I'm not concerned.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't heard of any candidates turning us down, did I miss something.

I can't think of a single team that doesn't have an OC. I can name several teams that the HC calls the plays.

It's curious that we haven't hired an OC yet but I'm not concerned.
Well Filippo has signed elsewhere and Zack Taylor has signed elsewhere so effectively that's a turning us down

I'm sure we will have an offensive coordinator but we cannot expect big-name guys who want to call plays to come be a clipboard holder for our head coach

the more likely scenario is a newer offensive coordinator or a position coach getting the job because they will be a glorified position coach anyway the helps instilll the offense

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

Oh, I am concerned about all kinds of Cardinal crap now... such as you bringing to my attention Keim having to choose the right guy in a trade down during the draft, thanx man lol

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well Filippo has signed elsewhere and Zack Taylor has signed elsewhere so effectively that's a turning us down

I'm sure we will have an offensive coordinator but we cannot expect big-name guys who want to call plays to come be a clipboard holder for our head coach

the more likely scenario is a newer offensive coordinator or a position coach getting the job because they will be a glorified position coach anyway the helps instilll the offense

I disagree, we may have not offered them a job. I think that the NFL is going to see an evolution in offense and KK will be at the forefront. If an OC candidate believes this then they would want the job with KK and the Cards

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Pederson, Reich and DiFlip did good together. I envision that kind of symbiosis happening with the Cards. I think Pederson calls the plays too. Not positive on that, but I know someone on the board will set me straight LOL

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Tom Melvin maybe. Notice the lams chefs and saints all have a hc who calls his own plays. That means the arrangement isnt foreign to those assistants

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just because I lack melodrama doesn't change that this really isn't a big deal.

no one said anything about it being a big deal. just a little weird.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Pederson, Reich and DiFlip did good together. I envision that kind of symbiosis happening with the Cards. I think Pederson calls the plays too. Not positive on that, but I know someone on the board will set me straight LOL

Well, obviously not every offensive coach can call plays. Pederson didn't call plays under Reid, either.

I think the question is are there "career coaches" who don't necessarily have an (immediate) ambition to be a head coach. I know for a fact that Bettcher had an offer to be DC for the Titans and turned it down because he thought he could have a better trajectory as a defensive coordinator under an offensive head coach.

Reactions: TRW

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson