10 Years Ago Today

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We had a massive party at our house here in PA. Probably 45 Eagles fans & only 3 Cardinal fans (myself & 2 sons). We barely escaped with our lives, but blasted "We are the Champions" out our windows for hours on end. Some neighbors didn't talk to me for weeks. Oh well.

LoyalRam

All Star
Reaction score
What a horrible year. We earned the 2nd overall pick and we finished behind the Cards in the NFC West (and everyone else!).

Top it off, we picked an absolute bust OT Jason Smith. lol

RedRob

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We were previously season ticket holders for years, this game is by far the one my wife and I discuss the most when talking about old time. Just freaking awesome.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
That was the greatest game ever. I was there, but didn't make the ASFN meetup because I was too busy sucking face at halftime in the club level concourse with a girl I met at the bar the night before.

The reality of the Cardinals going to the Super Bowl hit me so hard that I had to throw up in a popcorn bucket about 45 seconds after the game ended.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I wasn't there but that game and the playoff run was the happiest time in my Cardinal fandom. My boys and I watched all the games at my oldest boy's house, drank lots of beer, walked (stumbled) over to Basha's at halftime for cigars to smoke after the game. A cop driving down the road saw the 4 of us in our Cards gear flashed his lights and shouted "Go Cards!". Even after the loss in the SB we smoked cigars and partied hearty. Great times indeed!

I never thought I'd see the Redbirds in the SB during my lifetime...but I DID! Can't believe it was 10 years ago though.

English on tour

Eng-gur-land Eng-gur-land
Reaction score
What a weekend that was...honestly, one of the best of my life. You lot were the best and the game itself, just watched it all again for the 100th time and still get goosebumps.

Would love to see any pics from the night before or after if anyone has any.

Great times.

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
Favorite sports day of my life! I was extremely worried at half time even up by 24-6 and finally allowed myself to relax and consider a Cards appearance at the Super Bowl when AW strip sacked McNabb with 8 minutes and change left in the 3rd quarter. Relaxation was over once McNabb hit Curtis with a bomb on 3rd and 19 or something. Then the game winning drive after our offense had stalled for the entire second half probably saved me from 6 months of depression.