Booker to undergo hand surgery

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
"I don't all the way trust it yet"...."want it to feel better before I step out there". Sounds cautious to me.

Maybe it means nothing and if there weren't any history there, I'd dismiss them. But there is history, and we really, really need him. So, yeah, I'm a little concerned.

I'm concerned that he won't be ready and we'll dig a hole without him. I'm really concerned that he won't be ready but he'll play anyway and turn a short term problem into a much bigger one. Like he apparently did last season when he tried to play through the hand injury or the year before when he tried playing through turf toe. His effectiveness suffered greatly because of those play-through decisions and both injuries seemed to take a long time to heal because he didn't shut it down. I'm not a Doctor so notice that I said "seemed".
He's being fully honest. That's exactly what you want to hear.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like Booker will play opening night.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More on Booker.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
You've gotta love the kid's competitive spirit. He rehabbed hard and just really wants to be out there with his teammates.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m afraid someone is going to swipe hard on that wrist/hand

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m afraid someone is going to swipe hard on that wrist/hand

Did you ever see the movie Airplane? Booker with a bad hand and all I can picture is that long line of people, each waiting their turn to quiet the screaming lady. IOW, Booker's hand will be the target for a lot of opponents.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Did you ever see the movie Airplane? Booker with a bad hand and all I can picture is that long line of people, each waiting their turn to quiet the screaming lady. IOW, Booker's hand will be the target for a lot of opponents.

For some reason I think of Patrick Beverly

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I hope DBook is not one of those patients. :hammer:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd be more worried about a hard fall after a layup attempt or something than players smacking at it.

But regardless, I'm sure they wouldn't clear him unless they thought he was fully healed.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Not sure what the point would be if his shooting hand isn’t fully functional. Opening night isn’t special it’s just 1 of 82.
I don't know if I agree with that. Game one at home against the Mavericks is one of our best chances to win a game in the first 8 games of the season.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This guy needs to wise up. I know it's not a mess now BUT:

scuffle involving Ulis, I know he didn't do anything but remember its about character and who you're hanging with and what you're all involved in. Criminals and drugs users are in the situation they're in because of choices.

Again...linked to Kardashian. It's about who you're fraternizing with. And they're about a specific lifestyle, going out, being in the public eye, partying dancing etc.

And now the hand...how the heck does it start swelling up a year later? And as posted, its usually when someone punches something.

This may seem over the top but there are some small red flags that are coming up. He needs to start making better choices.

Now caught speeding, failure to pay and show in court???

And booker only adds to it with his women drama. Get it together man.