Gambo Said this today about Doncic .........

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I’ll believe his actual teammates and coaches over anonymous sources.

LOL

And I believe my eyes when he commits revenge fouls or cries on the court or takes a last second 3 against the Suns in attempt to run up the score.

What are his teammates going to say publically? Want me to bring up all the great things Dragan Bender's teammates said about him before the draft?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Except there has never been any evidence of it being true or even remotely close to it. Quite the contrary by all accounts of his former teammates and head coach (Kokoskov).

This was just a case of Gambo trying to push a narrative so that the Suns draft Ayton.

Agreed. Total BS.

The source Gambo ran with was trying to make it sound like he was a cancer. Crying on the court or running up the score is ten levels away from being “cancerous”.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Agreed. Total BS.

The source Gambo ran with was trying to make it sound like he was a cancer. Crying on the court or running up the score is ten levels away from being “cancerous”.
Yeah I was trying to find an article he did which was basically a hit piece on him but I couldn’t find it.

Gambo’s done this before too, I remember him doing something similar with two other players around the 2012-2014 years and one of those players ended up pretty good. I want to say one was Victor Oladipo (but not entirely sure) and can’t think of the other one.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I was trying to find an article he did which was basically a hit piece on him but I couldn’t find it.

Gambo’s done this before too, I remember him doing something similar with two other players around the 2012-2014 years and one of those players ended up pretty good. I want to say one was Victor Oladipo (but not entirely sure) and can’t think of the other one.

Wasn't one of them Ben McClemore?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can’t believe people are still crying about, or trying to tear down, Doncic. We drafted Ayton. Doncic is on the mavs. He looks terrific. Get over it.

as someone who absolutely didn't want Doncic over Ayton, I couldn't agree more. Kid's got the goods. What's done is done. Move on!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I am pretty sure this conversation is gonna go on and on in the NBA circles for many years.
The truth is, if it does that’s good for us because it means both are battling for “best of 2018 draft” and Ayton is killing it. If it doesn’t it likely means Ayton doesn’t progress and the conversation becomes “can you believe the suns passed on Doncic?!?”

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The truth is, if it does that’s good for us because it means both are battling for “best of 2018 draft” and Ayton is killing it. If it doesn’t it likely means Ayton doesn’t progress and the conversation becomes “can you believe the suns passed on Doncic?!?”

my lord do I wish that last part doesn't happen.

I guess if it does kinda come to pass, there will be three other moronic teams to be lumped in there with us!

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ayton is already producing at a near all-star level, and that is without playing in an offense that knows how to get him the ball.

The real story will likely be people asking how the Kings passed on Doncic and how the Hawks traded him away.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ayton is already producing at a near all-star level, and that is without playing in an offense that knows how to get him the ball.

The real story will likely be people asking how the Kings passed on Doncic and how the Hawks traded him away.
Something to remember. Doncic has the ball in his hands ALL THE TIME and yet is only averaging two buckets more than Ayton. Ayton has to make his bread on offensive put backs for the most part. Comparing these two is really apples and oranges.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
my lord do I wish that last part doesn't happen.

I guess if it does kinda come to pass, there will be three other moronic teams to be lumped in there with us!

Neh, Ayton is too good to be a bust, at the very least. Worst case scenario is he'll end up being a very solid player.
I am guessing that both of them are going to be stars and we'll be debating Doncic vs. Ayton for a dozen years. He is too good right now NOT to be a 25/12 guy in 2-3 years.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Neh, Ayton is too good to be a bust, at the very least. Worst case scenario is he'll end up being a very solid player.
I am guessing that both of them are going to be stars and we'll be debating Doncic vs. Ayton for a dozen years. He is too good right now NOT to be a 25/12 guy in 2-3 years.

IF he is a 25/12 player, I'm sorry, there is no way that there is any debate of Doncic vs. Ayton. Doncic has a better team right now and handles the ball a lot more. Get Ayton a facilitator, and BOOM! there is no discussion who is a better player.

It's even harder today to find an Ayton than a Doncic. There are skilled wings coming out every year.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So was Luka being hyped up by the media? He didn't crack the all-star team. I admit that I haven't watched any of his games except for the time we've played against the mavs, so I'm not sure what you guys think of whether he's all-star worthy or not.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
So was Luka being hyped up by the media? He didn't crack the all-star team. I admit that I haven't watched any of his games except for the time we've played against the mavs, so I'm not sure what you guys think of whether he's all-star worthy or not.

It's hard to say. So many players are worthy of the all-star selection, but there are only so many spots available. I think it would have been fine had he been selected, but it's also fine that he wasn't. I've watched every Dallas game this year except for two or three, and the kid is amazing. I was high on Doncic before the draft, but I did not expect him to be this good in his rookie season. He just does his thing, never looks lost, never looks afraid. 20.4 points, 6.9 rebounds, and 5.4 assists is an insane stat line for a rookie. He also gets over one steal per game, and holds his own defensively with only 1.8 fouls per game. He's also shooting over 35% from three. If you look at him month-to-month, it's even crazier- 22.4 points, 8.1 rebounds, and 6.4 assists in January.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The hype on Luka through his whole life is that he is a prodigy. Its not that he does so much, but that he does so much AT THAT AGE. Eventually, that angle will fade away and he will be an NBA player, the same age as most NBA players. He might end up being a very, very good one, but all the hype will subside.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
The hype on Luka through his whole life is that he is a prodigy. Its not that he does so much, but that he does so much AT THAT AGE. Eventually, that angle will fade away and he will be an NBA player, the same age as most NBA players. He might end up being a very, very good one, but all the hype will subside.

I don't care if he is 19 or 28, that's one hell of a player. I honestly though his absolute ceiling was his current production. I imagine that he will get quite a bit better in the next couple of years, and there will be plenty of hype for many years.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't care if he is 19 or 28, that's one hell of a player. I honestly though his absolute ceiling was his current production. I imagine that he will get quite a bit better in the next couple of years, and there will be plenty of hype for many years.

If Porzingis gets healthy that will be a dynamic duo in Dallas.

Everyone will be lauding how the Mavericks moved up the the draft for Doncic and stole Porzingis.

There will be lots of hype if it works out as anticipated.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It used to be this same way about LeBron as well. I still remember when after every game there would be some stat that said “LeBron is the youngest player ever to do ____” back when he had barely entered the league.

Hell even Booker had it too with many stats saying things such as “Booker joins Durant, LeBron and [insert some superstar] as the only players ever to do ____ at the age of 20 or 21 or whatever.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He became the youngest player ever to get an efficient 30 pt triple double just few games ago. And I think most guys like Kerr, Durant, Barkley, Shaq, Curry, LeBron, Giannis etc have all said he’s definitely All Star worthy.

I doubt he cares much about it, he seems to be an All Star and All NBA lock in future years to come considering how good he already is at barely 19.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He was not all star worthy - but he was close.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think you're underselling him. He's having an incredible year for a rookie but he's having a good year for a player of any age. He's certainly over-hyped by the media but even still, the guy's incredible and impacts the game in so many different ways. The media is blowing it up and ignoring his faults, quite the opposite with other greats of the past such as Lebron but that doesn't mean he's not worthy of the attention he's given.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA