The Whole Story

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Those of you who have read my posts know I do not reveal sources, even when pressed to do so. It’s a risk because sometimes you get deliberately given misinformation. In my case this is most concern about draft info. I will say this one last time. I never make stuff up. I don’t mean to be rude but my status on this board is not worth my lying to enhance it. It’s also true I get less inside info than when I was actively working professionally. Still I occasionally get stuff because I still have friends in the game, especially those involved in player acquisition or development. I received a text from a friend who was at the Bucs’ stadium. It simply said, “I knew you’d be interested we got Bowles”. I quickly posted a thread “Like I Said” simply writing “Arians locked up Bowles. Sad.” I figured the board would want to know as many of us wanted Bowles. Shortly thereafter everywhere reporters were posting Bowles was now choosing between Chicago & Tampa. Some posters on this board took the opportunity to say basically I had either posted just a rumor or made stuff up. Susequently I posted both what BA had said in an interview and finally a quote from the Chicago Sun Times in which Bowles admitted he told BA he would take the job and come to Tampa. I talked with my source today he said it was okay to say where I got my info but please don’t name him. BA had told several people Bowles was committed and they said repeating it was not viewed as a secret.

Well prior to last year’s draft I posted the Giants’ owner had told his staff that Manning would be the QB next season and their job was to get him supporting personnel. Very shortly thereafter someone posted that a friend of theirs had a relative who played golf with that owner and he told them my info was wrong. Again my info had come from a front office source. I was stunned.

None of this is to say my predictions or evaluations are not printed on tablets and should not be viewed as always correct. I’m the guy who didn't like Aaron Rodgers. Reporting info obtained is different and if it’s draft info you’ll get a disclaimer if I have a reason to be suspicious. There’s nothing wrong with saying my opinion is crazy or just wrong. In fact those on here who know me well may remember I’ve said stuff just to stir up the board, but I’ve never presented that stuff as fact.

I say this just to remind everyone that rushing to judgment is often a mistake. I have no issue with people who posted the stuff about the Bears. Oddly both my report and those reports were both true. Read the thread. You’ll see the difference. Let’s just be a little nicer to each other. Nobody is being paid to do this.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not sure why you felt you needed to justify yourself or your sources.
This is simply a message board where everyone just spouts about the Cardinals and the NFL. Reality is no one ever remembers anyones posts and if they do they've got WAY TOO much time on their hands and not near enough going on in their lives.

There's never a reason to get hurt or offended by what anyone posts here....cause the reality also is people may be willing to type junk to you, but they'd never say it to your face.

So with that....keep the 'insider' tips coming....if their real or not....we still gonna read em.

Last tid bit: it was no shock that Bowles and the rest of BA's staff is going back to him. I read BA's book and he said, "Once I hire a coach I will NEVER fire them.' He went on to say that all his coaches are his family and he will NOT ever fire them....which made sense when he wouldn't change our special teams coaches even though they were the worst in the league year after year. All the coaches know if they sign on with BA their job is secure...so they'll all go back to him. The one bit from the book I thought was cool is that BA fills his trunk with alcohol before every game and when the game is over he invites all the players, coaches and families to his car where they all have a huge party whether they win or lose they game.

Last edited:

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Harry, I'm an old fart like you :D. Just want you to know that I always enjoy reading your opinions and also some of the inside stuff you get. We will always have some naysayers that are constantly negative. Forget them and do your thing as I know most here enjoy your posts.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those of you who have read my posts know I do not reveal sources, even when pressed to do so. It’s a risk because sometimes you get deliberately given misinformation. In my case this is most concern about draft info. I will say this one last time. I never make stuff up. I don’t mean to be rude but my status on this board is not worth my lying to enhance it. It’s also true I get less inside info than when I was actively working professionally. Still I occasionally get stuff because I still have friends in the game, especially those involved in player acquisition or development. I received a text from a friend who was at the Bucs’ stadium. It simply said, “I knew you’d be interested we got Bowles”. I quickly posted a thread “Like I Said” simply writing “Arians locked up Bowles. Sad.” I figured the board would want to know as many of us wanted Bowles. Shortly thereafter everywhere reporters were posting Bowles was now choosing between Chicago & Tampa. Some posters on this board took the opportunity to say basically I had either posted just a rumor or made stuff up. Susequently I posted both what BA had said in an interview and finally a quote from the Chicago Sun Times in which Bowles admitted he told BA he would take the job and come to Tampa. I talked with my source today he said it was okay to say where I got my info but please don’t name him. BA had told several people Bowles was committed and they said repeating it was not viewed as a secret.

Well prior to last year’s draft I posted the Giants’ owner had told his staff that Manning would be the QB next season and their job was to get him supporting personnel. Very shortly thereafter someone posted that a friend of theirs had a relative who played golf with that owner and he told them my info was wrong. Again my info had come from a front office source. I was stunned.

None of this is to say my predictions or evaluations are not printed on tablets and should not be viewed as always correct. I’m the guy who didn't like Aaron Rodgers. Reporting info obtained is different and if it’s draft info you’ll get a disclaimer if I have a reason to be suspicious. There’s nothing wrong with saying my opinion is crazy or just wrong. In fact those on here who know me well may remember I’ve said stuff just to stir up the board, but I’ve never presented that stuff as fact.

I say this just to remind everyone that rushing to judgment is often a mistake. I have no issue with people who posted the stuff about the Bears. Oddly both my report and those reports were both true. Read the thread. You’ll see the difference. Let’s just be a little nicer to each other. Nobody is being paid to do this.
please don't take peoples posts to heart as I open all of your threads immediately when they are posted because I know it is real information. You are appreciated very much.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

There was a day you displayed a lot less sensitivity...

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Harry...THANK YOU! I look forward to your "posts". Seems a "theme" now-a-days to be overly-negative. Pretty sad, really. ...And I always take everything i hear/read with a grain of salt.

Have a GREAT night, bud.

Mark in SC :)

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Harry,

IMO this board has become a LOT more personal and negative by some who post regularly. Those that can't just disagree but must make snarky posts that call you "silly" or "stupid" or some such nonsense.

You are a respected member of the board and don't need to qualify or justify your posts. Just keep giving your information and let it lay.

Those who have to personally attack or ad hominin attack other posters aren't worth getting bothered about. As someone above said, it's only a message board.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Any word on Fitz????

If I were a Fitz I’d quit, having nothing left to prove. However, people don’t all realize what a competitive guy he is. I have never met him and I’ve got no inside info. I think he’d like the KK choice, though he was probably hurt by Wilks’ departure. My guess is he waits to see more of what the roster looks like before making a choice.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If I were a Fitz I’d quit, having nothing left to prove. However, people don’t all realize what a competitive guy he is. I have never met him and I’ve got no inside info. I think he’d like the KK choice, though he was probably hurt by Wilks’ departure. My guess is he waits to see more of what the roster looks like before making a choice.

I hope he stays so hopefully you are right that he likes the KK hire. I think in an Air Raidesque Offense he could put up really good numbers and keep evolving as a WR

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I agree Harry, if I were Fitz I would hang up the cleats. This team is not going to the Super Bowl anytime soon and at 35 going on 36 his chance of getting there again is past. He's a sure lock for the HOF and there is nothing he needs to prove. He had a great career and did get into one Super Bowl.

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
There was a day when posters on this forum were required to exhibit more respect for others. . .
That's right. Now we have a bunch of people trying to be the next sports version of Perez Hilton.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA