Kyler Murray entering Draft

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
First look at the kid and wow!!

Could we take Bosa at #1 then trade back into the first with our #2 and maybe number 2 next year and get this guy?

Would we move him to WR or keep him as a QB as he is a complete QB just short

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
BTW, have we forgotten we have this guy called Charles Kanoff on the roster too which might mesh well with the offense Kingsberry envisions ... and his last name starts with a 'K' before you start reacting like Philly fans :)

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kliff can spot good collegiate talent from a mile away, no doubt, but he doesn't know yet what makes a good NFL player. I bet they draft a guy from TT in one of the later rounds, and that will be the 1 pick keim lets KK give input on

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kliff can spot good collegiate talent from a mile away, no doubt, but he doesn't know yet what makes a good NFL player. I bet they draft a guy from TT in one of the later rounds, and that will be the 1 pick keim lets KK give input on
Mahomes, Keenum, Mayfield, Manziel--all played under Kliff. I think he can probably spot NFL talent.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I think most don`t want to see the Cards draft a short QB because how many short Qbs have had success in the NFL?I am talking 5-8 ,5-9 maybe 5-10. Doug Flutie? Flutie had a decent career but is that what you want out of your #1 pick?If the kid was 6`0 I doubt this would even be a issue but 5`8 or 5`9 ?Sure he has skills but remember the NFL is not the Big 12 or college .

BW52, I'm not saying you're wrong, but can you explain why Murray's height allowed him to be at least as successful as Mayfield at the college level?

If Murray was as successful as Mayfield at the college level, why would he not be as successful as Mayfield at the professional level?

RedRob

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
[QUOTE="DRM08, post: 3874719, member: 15793" The bad attitude reputation for Rosen needs to be a thing of the past. I believe with Kliff's background leading some very productive offenses that Rosen will be pretty happy to work with him. So far it seems he is pretty excited about the new coach.[/QUOTE]

Is there a bad attitude reputation there (or still there)? I thought getting your a$$ spanked week in and week out, only to get up off the grass and go at it again, already dispelled that sentiment?

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
Is there a bad attitude reputation there (or still there)? I thought getting your a$$ spanked week in and week out, only to get up off the grass and go at it again, already dispelled that sentiment?

You would think the 2018 season was a pretty good slice of humble pie for Rosen. But you never know. Let's hope for the best.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Just from watching Murray.
6. I think he is better than Rosen. Tough. When you have the #1 pick, you take the best, most impactful player. This is like having Clyde Drexler on your roster and Michael Jordan on the draft board.
My greatest fear.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Next couple months are pretty important. Rosen needs to make a good impression on Kliff when they start working together. The bad attitude reputation for Rosen needs to be a thing of the past. I believe with Kliff's background leading some very productive offenses that Rosen will be pretty happy to work with him. So far it seems he is pretty excited about the new coach.
You’re new to the cards so you get a bit of a pass. The bolded was pretty much debunked entirely.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Well said & I totally agree for year 2 in a row. Coming from a Horns fan lol

With that said Big Red needs to somehow find a way to draft WR Lil Jordan Humphrey, he’s going to be an NFL stud. A perfect fit for the Air Raid imo.

Pretty amazing lol.. What do you think of Murray in terms of leadership? Just seeing him for one year, I really couldn't get a very good read on that part of his game.

And man, I'm so glad Humphrey declared. Can you imagine what a monster he would have been next year in UT's improving offense? Whew.

What if the Cardinals agreed to draft Lil J at the top of the 2nd, but that meant that the first pick had to be Murray? Would you sign off on that deal Bucky? :)

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
BW52, I'm not saying you're wrong, but can you explain why Murray's height allowed him to be at least as successful as Mayfield at the college level?

If Murray was as successful as Mayfield at the college level, why would he not be as successful as Mayfield at the professional level?

Mayfield isn`t 5`9 Mayfield is 6`1.Throwing lanes,seeing over the oline ,smaller frame and standing up to NFL punishment.Using your line of thought then why doesn`t every QB who has good stats in college turn out successful in the NFL?

Being successful against non defensive big 12 teams isn`t the NFL is it? Murray won`t be playing against college quality defenses in the NFL either.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here’s the deal. We have great opportunity this year to build a team around Josh. With his rookie contract we can use free agency , draft and the waiver wire to give this offense everything it needs to work. I don’t expect Rosen to come out of the gate throwing for 400 yards ( fingers crossed, maybe). This whole offense will need time to mesh. Remember Arians first year didn’t start out so hot. That being said Rosen will have to show a good amount of growth as the season wears on. If he is not who we hope he is it will mean our won-loss will probably put us in the top ten in the draft order. Then we will have another round of free agency and we can be the team to trade up in the draft to get our qbotf. The team should have a solid foundation to support a rookie qb without feeding him to the wolves.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Pretty amazing lol.. What do you think of Murray in terms of leadership? Just seeing him for one year, I really couldn't get a very good read on that part of his game.

And man, I'm so glad Humphrey declared. Can you imagine what a monster he would have been next year in UT's improving offense? Whew.

What if the Cardinals agreed to draft Lil J at the top of the 2nd, but that meant that the first pick had to be Murray? Would you sign off on that deal Bucky? :)
I’ve liked Murray since his HS days. I’d luv to have him as the Cards QB, I just don’t think that’s reality in any shape or form.

Would I take Hump at the top of Rd 2, yes but I don’t see him going before late 2-4 range. I don’t recall the details but I think he had some off the field concerns.

POISON

Formerly known as Okieguy
Reaction score
I watched Murray one-on-one in open field against run defenders multiple, multiple times this year, including versions of of this match up against TX and AL, two very good defenses with excellent athletes.

It was never even close. In fact, it looked unfair.

It looked like a video game where the difficulty mode had been turned down to "easy". Murray just motored around those guys like they were standing still. It was comical.

Plus the kids arm is a little better than Mayfield's. His accuracy shocked me in the first few games of the season. But then I remembered he's a big-time baseball player, and his throwing mechanics are one of the reasons he was drafted in the 1st round by the As, and why they gave him 5 million dollars.

This is deja vu. People hated on Mayfield, doubted him. Said Darnold was better, Allen was better, Rosen was better. They found a million reasons not to draft the hiesman trophy winner ahead of the other QB prospects. And so, once again, i'm a little frustrated with some of you.

I'm not quite ready to say Murray is an equal pro prospect to Mayfield, because this idea didn't warrant consideration until now. But I know I don't like it when you guys dismiss him out of hand. When you give him zero chance to be a star.
There's NO WAY I'd draft him #1, but he'd be better than Rosen.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I saw pics and i do think Murray is just a inch or a hinch and half shorter then Mayfield

Murray is about 5'10 1/2 5'11

his own school lists him at 5`10 195 and colleges tend to go to the high side on height and weight.I would be surprised if he is that tall.