Not even a DC rumor yet

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I'm really surprised nothing has leaked yet, with the introductory press conference less than 3 hours away, which to me means they are still recruiting a few candidates.

It took 4 days for the Cards to announce McCoy as Wilkes O-Coordinator. If that happens again, I'll be disappointed. I hate to think we hired KK without a definitive plan for the defense.

Go Cards!!!

I think there is zero chance McCoy comes back as OC...lol

#snark

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's not forget how nasty that defense was inside that dome...the crowd gets so energized and it flows to the players...

everyone hates him unless he is their DC. He is my kind of DC. If we get him, I am going full blown kool aid. I will take del rio or lewis or someone but greg is my dude.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Payton and Williams never got along. They won a super bowl but Williams was fired by Payton and Loomis

My point is moreso that he can coach a high end D even with an offensive powerhouse. He is not a wilks type that needs no offense to coach a defense. I specifically like DCs who show they can have a good D even when they are the counter to a brees/manning/palmer type offense. He will not want the offense to be conservative because his D is not conservative either.

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The guy on reddit who said the KK would be the Cards head coach a week ago also said the Cards were planning to open the checkbook when it comes to the DC hire. That tells me they are going after a name and not a young up and comer. We'll have to see if that comes to fruition though.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Arians already had his staff assembled before he was hired by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

So I understand the concern.
Bruce Arians is old as hell and won't be coaching past year 2, if that .We all need to collectively stop worrying about BA. It was a nice run and it's over, and we were all ready to run him out of town anyway (sorry it's true). And by the way, Clancy Pendergast still has more Cardinals playoff wins that Todd Bowles. It's time to move on!

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
everyone hates him unless he is their DC. He is my kind of DC. If we get him, I am going full blown kool aid. I will take del rio or lewis or someone but greg is my dude.

I understand the thinking and feeling, but it just matters to me how you win, and in that process, I like to be able to look myself in the mirror. Gregg Williams is a douchebag, and I cringe at basically everything he does. I wouldn’t call him one of the best options out there, but even if other fans do think that – even if he was the best defensive coordinator in the world – I don’t see how you want to let him in your building. Especially with a young first-time head coach without NFL experience, and who thus need guidance and support which Gregg Williams certainly wouldn’t provide with his very old-school, no-nonsense approach.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Greg Williams is not a team player. He would divide the locker room with defense versus offense. Cards need a mature DC that will support KK, that is not Greg Williams. Chuck Pagano would be a much better choice.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
My choices (but I am no expert)

Kris Richard
Pagano
Schiano
Vance Joseph

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
So why wouldn't BA have added Pagano?
Maybe because he coached under Pagano and wants to respect that dynamic???

He's bringing back, sans Amos (and now Kitchens), the coaching tree he won with in AZ.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk