Not even a DC rumor yet

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I couldnt care less about the press conference or any of the other stuff. The DC (preferably assistant head coach that has earned that title) will make or break this hiring. I cant believe we haven't even seen a rumor yet.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arians already had his staff assembled before he was hired by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

So I understand the concern.

A little different situation. He had multiple former assistants (Bowles, Leftwich, etc) that had just gotten fired from their former jobs

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
We have not only the obvious superstars but also some other talented players on defense, who just lack some spirit and nastiness. Gregg Williams would do wonders for a guy like Reddick, who has shown this season that he can make plays but lacks the fear factor. In a Gregg Williams lead defense I wouldn't count out Bucannon returning on a cheaper deal. He made Barron work as LB at the same time Bowles created the $LB moniker for Deonne. Williams loves blitzing LBs and if there's one thing these guys can do it's chasing the QB. Guys like Gunter, who is very solid, could use some nastiness as well as Budda, who plays great but could be even more violent. We can't be bullied again like in 2018.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
NFLN reports williams not in staff meetings this morning with new HC freddie kitchens...

Keim needs to go get him.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have not only the obvious superstars but also some other talented players on defense, who just lack some spirit and nastiness. Gregg Williams would do wonders for a guy like Reddick, who has shown this season that he can make plays but lacks the fear factor. In a Gregg Williams lead defense I wouldn't count out Bucannon returning on a cheaper deal. He made Barron work as LB at the same time Bowles created the $LB moniker for Deonne. Williams loves blitzing LBs and if there's one thing these guys can do it's chasing the QB. Guys like Gunter, who is very solid, could use some nastiness as well as Budda, who plays great but could be even more violent. We can't be bullied again like in 2018.

Add Swearinger to the list.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Jump on Williams. Bring him in for an interview before the ink is dry on his termination. No brainer! I hated him with the Rams

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
A little different situation. He had multiple former assistants (Bowles, Leftwich, etc) that had just gotten fired from their former jobs
Right, but during the interview process, staff suggestions should be discussed. Having a staff ready is head coach interviewing 101.

It's up to the Cards if they want to hire them all and they likely want different DC than Kingsbury wants.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
By Monday, at the latest, a DC will be named. Remember, there could be some on PO teams still.

Hopefully, by Friday though would be nice.
Not very likely that our next DC is on a PO staff. PO teams usually don't overhaul their staff. Beware that a positional coach moving to be our DC is just considered a lateral move and there's absolutely no reason for a team to grant us that wish. There are lots of good DCs on the open market with a proven track record of running an NFL defense.

As for rumors, Donnie Henderson has been thrown around by Albright. Not inspiring at all. He was DC for the Jets and Lions about 15 years ago, and sucked at both occasions. Also DB coach with us for a year or two. Would be an underwhelming DC choice with quite a few proven guys who just recently lost their job but usually put together a nice defense.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think they already have a guy lined up. May be waiting to have the presser as to not take away from the HC announcement. If it waits til Monday Ill be upset. They better have had a plan going into this thing. I would bet they will announce a DC by no later than Thursday morning.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Jump on Williams. Bring him in for an interview before the ink is dry on his termination. No brainer! I hated him with the Rams

Is everyone forgetting Wiillams had a bounty on Warner as a Card, I don't think Mike B will want him, it's one of the reasons listed by Kurt's Wife to have him retire

Last edited:

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Coaching a defense with both an elite pass rusher and elite CB, as well as a future star nickel, should be any DCs dream. This unit was so bad and generally misused under Wilks that any new DC with half a brain could earn easy kudos for turning it around. All this and the fact that our 1st overall pick will most likely add another elite prospect to the DL should make us an attractive option for high profile DCs.

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
I'm really surprised nothing has leaked yet, with the introductory press conference less than 3 hours away, which to me means they are still recruiting a few candidates.

It took 4 days for the Cards to announce McCoy as Wilkes O-Coordinator. If that happens again, I'll be disappointed. I hate to think we hired KK without a definitive plan for the defense.

Go Cards!!!

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gregg Williams fired. hire him now. Coached with Payton so used to high power offences, been HC before....hire him now!

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We JUST HIRED HIM.

The season isn't over, Gregg Williams just got canned, more turnover coming, etc.

I didn't ask for someone to be signed, a rumor would be nice. Other teams have tons of them and some already signing guys.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA