It's official. Cards and K K are one Kliff Kingsbury Cards

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Couldn’t you have said the same thing last year when Wilks was hired?
You could say the same thing when any new HC is hired.

But that doesn't make it wrong. (You can root your ass off for the Big Guy regardless of his coaching chops or style)

One perceived main difference between KK and Wilks is that the Wilks play calling style was more conservative than KK's. Who turns out to be the better coach is for history to decide (although I'd give a huge edge in that dept. to KK).

Reaction score
Priorities: suck up to Larry, make sure Rosen's parents are happy, and find a DC who switches back to a 34 defense.

But, as Bon Scott once said,

"Fingers Freddy, Diamond Jim
They're getting ready
Look out I'm coming in.
So spin that wheel,
Cut that pack,
And roll them loaded dice,
Bring on the dancin' girls and put the Champagne on ice.
I'm goin' in...

I like this post mainly for the AC/DC reference. Kudos. Imo they weren't the same after Bon Scott died. Back In Black was a great album but everything after sucked.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Definitely a swing for the fences move. I'm waiting to see the staff which will obviously be critical for a head coach new to the NFL.
Wasn't excited about any of the other interviews so I not going to pi$$ and moan yet.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If we were going to take this swing, I would have gone with the Rams QB Coach Taylor.

college coaches who were very successful in college, but had zero NFL experience and flamed out spectactulary is pretty long.

Again, I wouldn't lean so heavily on the side of this could be a spectacular failure if Kingsbury was a wiz kid who actually succeeded in college, but in a conference where Baylor and even Texas Tech under Mike Leach could rise to prominence at least a couple times, his lack of success there gives me some major hee-bee-jee-bees.

Yes the list of very successful college coaches failing in the NFL is very long, but how long is the list of unsuccessful college coaches failing in the NFL?

You must be registered for see images attach

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Wonder what this will do for getting FA WRs onboard. Who is out there?

Also reckon Fitz should come back for 2 years on a player & WR coach deal to continue as WR coach when he retires

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
OK. The guy was just fired from his alma mater after 3 losing seasons in a row and he was the best choice???
What 5 star recruits are jumping up to go Lubbock Texas? Damn Dungy with his NFL experience didnt quite light up the college game with a far better program in ASU. I actually give the man props for staying @ TTU for that long without moving on to better team.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What 5 star recruits are jumping up to go Lubbock Texas? Damn Dungy with his NFL experience didnt quite light up the college game with a far better program in ASU. I actually give the man props for staying @ TTU for that long without moving on to better team.

This argument doesn't hold a lot of water for me. What 5 star recruits were jumping to go to Baylor or TCU before they got good? None.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This argument doesn't hold a lot of water for me. What 5 star recruits were jumping to go to Baylor or TCU before they got good? None.
I am talking about college football in it's current state. It's all about the money right now & dont see TTU dropping so called 100 grand loans to students parents lol

HotSauce

Veteran
Reaction score

When did Dungy ever coach in college???? And why would a better college team take a guy with a losing record?? 2 of 6 seasons with a winning record, one being his first season compiling the same 8-5 record than the person he replaced?

Last edited:

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score

Dungy?

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If he is a Mike Leach disciple they why didn't we go after Mike Leach?

He has a much better record as a coach.

I'm very cautious about this hire. Don't know whether to be excited or disappointed. No NFL experience and a losing record in college. We had better have plans to bring in a strong DC an OC to help keep the team together.

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm interested in hearing how he plans on improving the offense/defense. Wilks had no vision and this was evident to me during his introductory press conference.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
If he is a Mike Leach disciple they why didn't we go after Mike Leach?

He has a much better record as a coach.

I'm very cautious about this hire. Don't know whether to be excited or disappointed. No NFL experience and a losing record in college. We had better have plans to bring in a strong DC an OC to help keep the team together.
WaSu ain't firing Leach anytime soon.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Wonder what this will do for getting FA WRs onboard. Who is out there?

Also reckon Fitz should come back for 2 years on a player & WR coach deal to continue as WR coach when he retires

Fitz has made it clear several times that coaching is not something he is even remotely interested in.