It's official. Cards and K K are one Kliff Kingsbury Cards

RedRob

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It's like this. We felt a need to join the innovative college element in the NFL. There was no way we could get KK as our OC unless we gave him a title more significant. Basically, we hired a OC who many feel will be good with our young QB investment... now the staff hiring becomes huge to makeup for what he lacks or has less time for playing the title as 'head coach' :)

This is spot on. Add the fact that McVay attempted to hire KK right after he was fired to consult the Rams and that's all the thumbs up you'd need.

I believe Bidwill realizes the road to a division title now goes through LA. Having insight as to how to tackle that problem is paramount.

KK Interview Question - How would you beat the Rams?

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
There was no way we could get KK as our OC unless we gave him a title more significant.

Huh? USC got him as OC. Landing a coordinator position at USC is not some highly coveted job. It's not like we were trying to pull him from a top 5 perrenial.

Reactions: HGC

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
It's like this. We felt a need to join the innovative college element in the NFL. There was no way we could get KK as our OC unless we gave him a title more significant. Basically, we hired a OC who many feel will be good with our young QB investment... now the staff hiring becomes huge to makeup for what he lacks or has less time for playing the title as 'head coach' :)
Being a NFL head coach is a completely different animal than being a college HC.

He’s never even been as much as a quality control on any NFL staff.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
it's really not hard to argue against the move. no NFL coaching experience. Mediocre at best college experience. College coaches for the most part don't translate well unless they've first had some kind of NFL experience at some point.

this is true, but I still think it's REAL weird that a failed college coach skips over being an NFL OC who could do the same thing for Rosen and goes straight to the front of the line for a HC gig.

I lean much more on the side that this is failing upwards, ala Dirk Koetter, but will be fascinated to see how it turns out.

Out of all of the known candidates, who would you have picked over Klingsbury?

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
I guess the good thing is they can’t get any worse than the #1 pick for next year. Nowhere to go but up.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Out of all of the known candidates, who would you have picked over Klingsbury?

If we were going to take this swing, I would have gone with the Rams QB Coach Taylor.

college coaches who were very successful in college, but had zero NFL experience and flamed out spectactulary is pretty long.

Again, I wouldn't lean so heavily on the side of this could be a spectacular failure if Kingsbury was a wiz kid who actually succeeded in college, but in a conference where Baylor and even Texas Tech under Mike Leach could rise to prominence at least a couple times, his lack of success there gives me some major hee-bee-jee-bees.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
If we were going to take this swing, I would have gone with the Rams QB Coach Taylor.

college coaches who were very successful in college, but had zero NFL experience and flamed out spectactulary is pretty long.

Again, I wouldn't lean so heavily on the side of this could be a spectacular failure if Kingsbury was a wiz kid who actually succeeded in college, but in a conference where Baylor and even Texas Tech under Mike Leach could rise to prominence at least a couple times, his lack of success there gives me some major hee-bee-jee-bees.

I really do not value Taylor too much... he was McVay's clipboard holder but by that same token why did we simply not go after Mike Leach :)

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Deal is done.

Griping won't change it. We face a new season with a creative, aggressivee, offensive-minded HC and 10 draft picks.

A good time to get with the pgm and hope like hell that we're attaching ourselves to the tail of a winner.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I like the Cardinals decisiveness but not too excited about someone with no NFL experience. But it should be exciting and maybe this is now the way to go and at least Wilks is long gone!

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

There is no perfect choice obviously... But, Taylor? Why?? Based on what?? And whatever that is, is it really anything more compelling than what Klingsbury brings to the party??

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
My question is, why are people fans of KK? What has he done to earn your praise? Mahomes?

Telling that he couldn’t win with Mahomes in my book.