Kingsbury Finalizing a Deal To Become TheArizona Cardinal's Head Coach

The Kraken

Veteran
Reaction score
3 years in air raid and Rosen will be in a wheelchair and probably less than 1 year with our current protection.
You realize that true Air Raid OL play is set up to retreat and occupy for three big steps, giving the QB the time to sling the ball... that is why despite having OL that translate to the NFL, teams like WASH St and TT are able to put up so many points despite player size and talent difference.

The question is will we use a pure air raid scheme?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And Nagy promptly scored 15 points against a patchwork secondary. Just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep. And the saints were held to 10 pts a few games ago . Payton sucks. Of course there are going to be ups and downs . You can’t hold Nagy’s feet to the fire for the playoff game. He took a team that had an over/under of 6 1/2 games this year to a division championship. Would you be happy if we win the west and lose the opening round of the playoffs next year compared to where we are today?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
True, but said friend is an older guy who retired once already, he may be thinking about how long BA would be active??

Bowles back in AZ, with a young/1st time HC...would do more for his future career, if he can duplicate the previous success...IMO.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
Then explain why people wanted Bieniemy even though the only time in his entire coaching career he was an OC his team won 4 games in 2 years and was gone after 2 years? But he's one of the most sought after coaching prospects this year. I'm not entirely in love with this move either but the guy coached 2 of the most dynamic QB's this season in Mayfield and Mahomes. Got to be the reason for his hiring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was smart enough to let Mayfield walk on at Texas Tech and dumb enough to let him leave for Davis Webb.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Apparently Keim was lining up McVay but then BA came back another year and scuppered it. Then he retired and MB chose Wilks.

Now if that’s true you have gotta think that MB, now seeing McVays success, has let Keim have this one. If Keim sees KK in a similar way to McVay then there is no reason to not think he could strike gold with KK??

I've heard that too, but only after McVay was a success. Kind of convenient and self serving, like someone saying after the game was over "I was going to put $1k on Clemson -21 to win $20K but I forgot my wallet at home" and not mentioning they lost money on on the picks they did make.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bowles back in AZ, with a young/1st time HC...would do more for his future career, if he can duplicate the previous success...IMO.
Seems possible he will end up in Tampa with Bruce if Bucs hires Bruce.

Newsflash Bucs announced they have hired Bruce Arians

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
True, but said friend is an older guy who retired once already, he may be thinking about how long BA would be active??
And if BA has success in Tampa, Bowles will be there to take over when BA moves on

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I've heard that too, but only after McVay was a success. Kind of convenient and self serving, like someone saying after the game was over "I was going to put $1k on Clemson -21 to win $20K but I forgot my wallet at home" and not mentioning they lost money on on the picks they did make.

Yeah I get that, but if it’s true, it’s true

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently Keim was lining up McVay but then BA came back another year and scuppered it. Then he retired and MB chose Wilks.

Now if that’s true you have gotta think that MB, now seeing McVays success, has let Keim have this one. If Keim sees KK in a similar way to McVay then there is no reason to not think he could strike gold with KK??
says who? I have only seen this stuff on this board, nowhere else.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Someone tweeted it, cannot remember who. I did say “apparently” though and I am wishfully hoping it’s true
I believe it was Albert?? Beers, it's posted in one of these threads

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

MartinD

Rookie
Reaction score
I'm good with this hire. Kingsbury is being brought in, anticipating that he can develop Rosen into a solid (or better) QB in this league. If this happens and the team gets its starting QB for the next fifteen years, it's a win.

It's a plus that Kingsbury is considered an innovator and someone who will shift the pieces around the board if the game goes in another direction. Wilks appeared unable to do this. Once he had a plan in place, he went with it even when it wasn't working.

It should be fun to watch games again.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sounds like Kingsbury was hired for his offensive mind and the development of Rosen.

Great to know the Cardinals are making offense a priority.

If they make a solid hire for a coordinator to run the defense we are rolling.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Draft the WR from Oklahoma, great fit for this offense.
Riley Ridley as well.

This offense opens up an entirely different prospect list.

Kirk should really do well and I can't wait to see Fitz play in Air Raid.
I luv Brown from OU but we’ve got to add some bigger fast guys imo.

I’ll take Lil Jordan Humphrey from Texas before either! I think he’s going to be an even better NFL WR & total gamebreaker

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson