Jax
Miami

Probably:
Denver
Tampa
Cinci

Maybe:
Oakland

Well, given the present life cycle of the roster, I would think Jacksonville would go all in on Foles and Flacco as the backup plan. If so, NY could stay put and get their QBOF, or at least not have to go all the way #1 to secure the selection.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
My guess as of right now, Cards stay put and select Bosa, 49ers trade down with a QB hungry team.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My guess as of right now, Cards stay put and select Bosa, 49ers trade down with a QB hungry team.

SF wants Bosa and if he's off the board, whether it's the Cards or possibly Oakland moving up, I think your thought makes sense.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I like Rosen. I wanted Rosen. But is this a spot where we consider taking Haskins?

I don't watch enough college football to know, so I mean this genuinely.
I watch a lot of college and especially B10. I watched every snap Haskins has took. He is insanely good and not like most college QBs that are good in college because they are dual threat. He is a pocket passer that can be mobile if need be and can throw dimes anywhere on the field and rarely makes a bad read. Early in the year the receivers were dropping a lot of perfect balls that would have made those crazy stats even crazier.

The answer is very hard...
If you believe Rosen be at a minimum a top 15 QB and you can get good value from trading down you build the team back up in places that has been depeleted in many areas. Rebuild and ditch Rosen later if he is what is holding us back.

If you're like me and you think chances are slim he will be a franchise level QB you take the QB who could easily be a top 5 QB for years to come. The rub is a great qb isn't so great if you don't have a solid team and even when someone looks as a sure thing as Haskins it is never a sure thing they translate to NFL as well at QB.

I would love to have Haskins but I don't know if we need an elite QB over the other pieces right now. If you knew he would be the next Brady it would be hard to not give up a few years rebuilding for the long game, but that is nowhere near a certainty.

Picking #1 is always tough.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Rosen. I wanted Rosen. But is this a spot where we consider taking Haskins?

I don't watch enough college football to know, so I mean this genuinely.

The Cardinals situation at quarterback is not clear. I think they have to consider drafting him if there are any questions about Rosen. The Cardinals would still be sitting pretty later on when it comes to trades having two highly rated quarterbacks.

abcard

Veteran
Reaction score
If San Francisco really covets Bosa then offer to trade down for their first and second this year and a 4th next year. Your still in the driver's seat. Trade down again or choose between Haskins or the defensive player they have rated highest.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This guys is gonna be the next Deshaun Watson. I wouldn’t be so sure to pass on him if I was the Cardinals.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If San Francisco really covets Bosa then offer to trade down for their first and second this year and a 4th next year. Your still in the driver's seat. Trade down again or choose between Haskins or the defensive player they have rated highest.

Right. Give them the one thing they need to terrorize us for years.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Cardinals situation at quarterback is not clear. I think they have to consider drafting him if there are any questions about Rosen. The Cardinals would still be sitting pretty later on when it comes to trades having two highly rated quarterbacks.

Not clear?

Have we heard one credible word that the Cards are unhappy with Rosen?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
imo for rosen u get a third rounder at best

I wouldn't trade Rosen if the Cardinals drafted Haskins in the foreseeable future as they need a backup quarterback.

I'm only saying, after the Cardinals determine who they want to keep, trading the other quarterback would be an option. Hopefully both quarterbacks show promise. It would be a wonderful problem to have.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not clear?

I have heard absolutely nothing to this effect.

However, the opportunity to draft two young promising quarterbacks does not come along very often.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wouldn't trade Rosen if the Cardinals drafted Haskins in the foreseeable future as they need a backup quarterback.

I'm only saying, after the Cardinals determine who they want to keep, trading the other quarterback would be an option. Hopefully both quarterbacks show promise. It would be a wonderful problem to have.
how can u put both of them on display?
they split the snaps ?

abcard

Veteran
Reaction score
Right. Give them the one thing they need to terrorize us for years.
Because no one else San Francisco picks other than Bosa will be any good. Thanks for the info. Makes me feel better that if we choose Bosa we don't have to worry about who they pick in first round.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Not clear?

No, but he also hasn't done enough to completely dispel the thought. Again, jersey-owning fan, but pretty much all three of the other QBs showed bigger flashes down the stretch compared to Rosen. Now, Josh was in a poopy position with bad protection and questionable at best playcalling... so there's an excuse.

OP
OP
az jam

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cards will stay with Rosen and bring in a good HC to help develop him. IMO they will trade the 1st round pick for a plethora of draft picks to build a solid team around Rosen.

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score

We should do something along these lines. Trade down twice. I've been saying it, the possibilities are there. Trade twice to around ten or early teens. Get a boatload of picks and get a OT or WR we so desperately need.

We cant take another QB in the 1st? Are you people nuts? We have to start rebuilding this O line and receiving corp as well as LBers. How long to you want to be a crap team?

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No, but he also hasn't done enough to completely dispel the thought. Again, jersey-owning fan, but pretty much all three of the other QBs showed bigger flashes down the stretch compared to Rosen. Now, Josh was in a ****** position with bad protection and questionable at best playcalling... so there's an excuse.
right but even when he had good protection displayed accuracy problems, i mean i saw even several inaccurated screen passes along with plenty overthrows down the field

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
We should do something along these lines. Trade down twice. I've been saying it, the possibilities are there. Trade twice to around ten or early teens. Get a boatload of picks and get a OT or WR we so desperately need.

We cant take another QB in the 1st? Are you people nuts? We have to start rebuilding this O line and receiving corp as well as LBers. How long to you want to be a crap team?

You don’t trade down just to stockpile picks, that gets you Johnson and Pace instead of Suggs. You have to weigh the talent, you don’t give up on a potential all pro for guys to fill out the roster. The asking price should be enormous.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who are these teams?

You need at least two in competition for our #1 to be of value in these sweepstakes

And prior to the draft both Foles and Flacco are likely to be available in FA.

Denver, Jacksonville, Miami, Giants.

Outside chance New England

Nobody considers Flacco a long term solution.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hell, SF could take him. There were some people who thought they weren't sold on Jimmy G after extending him.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave