Kliff Kingsbury may walk away from USC

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Willing to see what Kliff’s got. Always coached prolific offenses and has QB developmental background. He’s a crapshoot otherwise. His choice for DC would be a huge element.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He interviewed with Dallas last year for a position coach job. He would jump at the chance to coach again I'll bet.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I didn't realize that Kliff played at TTU under both Leach AND Spike Dykes. The guy has seen a LOT of variations of the Air Raid and if anyone is going to make that transfer in the NFL, you'd think he could do it.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
definitely true, and expecting Kingsbury to turn that program elite would have been a herculean task. My issue is he didn't even turn them above average... or really even into an average program. Zero winning records within conference and only two winning records in 5 (or is 6) years just doesn't bowl me over.

I have the same issues with it as you. But his offense...

Don't listen to me though. I am 37 and still chasing crazy women.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can someone explain why GM's are tripping over each other to interview Kingsbury all the sudden? I don't understand what he has done to warrant anyone considering him a strong NFL HC candidate right now. He had a decent offense at TT where they basically play vs air in the B12 but that didn't translate to wins. Please enlighten me why I shouldn't feel like we once again got left with scraps if we hire him?

My guess - Patrick mahomes

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
Following up that reddit report about Kilff being offered the job. There is a SC insider who claims KK turned down the Cardinals. Didnt say much more than that, but he wants the Jets job.

I guess we will find out whats going on this week.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well jets writers seem to think McCarthy all but has the jets job, so maybe he will settle.

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
Following up that reddit report about Kilff being offered the job. There is a SC insider who claims KK turned down the Cardinals. Didnt say much more than that, but he wants the Jets job.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Either way, someone will now look like a fool. Im all about this.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

that speaks a lot about how attractive is working for the cardinals right now despite bidwill optimism

ReasonableMan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Either way, someone will now look like a fool. Im all about this.
Well, one is an anonymous guy on Reddit, a website notorious for trolling. But it’s not like Cowherd is credible these days.

I’m Michael Bidwill on Reddit for all anybody knows

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
And if Colin is right we are doomed short of hail Mary. Cards must have a bad rap or people want nothing to do with our GM if Wilks and Kingsbury are the best coaches we could field.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Everyone thinks Bowles would follow Arians to TB but maybe he brings Pagano along as some kind of "return the favor" situation.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t mind Pagano for DC at all.

The problem with Williams is if the Browns have a HC in mind that goes deep in to the playoffs they may not let Williams interview with anyone until that new HC has a chance to decide to keep him or not. That might mean waiting until after the Super Bowl to fill the DC position and if the Cards go Kingsbury they need that experienced DC right away on his staff.
You can talk to agents and get wink and nod hirings completed prior to the playoffs ending.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
You can talk to agents and get wink and nod hirings completed prior to the playoffs ending.

The Browns aren’t letting anyone talk to Williams or Kitchens for coordinator jobs though and my guess is they won’t allow it until they have their new HC signed.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Browns aren’t letting anyone talk to Williams or Kitchens for coordinator jobs though and my guess is they won’t allow it until they have their new HC signed.
As a guy who has operated within grey lines his entire life, I find those "rules" to mean nothing. Sure, not a formal in house interview but things can be done to circumvent rules. We're talking businesses with massive revenue doing anything they can to be competent and make more money. Rules are bent.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
As a guy who has operated within grey lines his entire life, I find those "rules" to mean nothing. Sure, not a formal in house interview but things can be done to circumvent rules. We're talking businesses with massive revenue doing anything they can to be competent and make more money. Rules are bent.

Is it worth losing draft picks? There is no way it would be kept quiet.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it worth losing draft picks? There is no way it would be kept quiet.
I imagine agents and coordinators keep a lot of things quiet in these scenarios.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I imagine agents and coordinators keep a lot of things quiet in these scenarios.

But what incentive would a coach that is under contract already have to break the rules for what would be no more than a lateral?

If the Browns say, you can’t talk to any team because we 1) have you on our short list for HC and 2) if you aren’t selected we want the new HC to have the option of keeping you...I can’t see either coach (Kitchens or Williams) doing that, through their agents or otherwise

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave