RIP Kwamie Lassiter

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Man this is sad. I think he was a great football player but a better person off it. He did a lot and was always friendly to fans. I never meet him but heard a ton about him from a few friends and you guys. Stinks how we can be in the greatest shape and yet still have health issues.

You will be miss Kwamie.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kwamie, you left us much too soon.

Rest in Peace.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Oh wow!!! What a horrible tragedy.... Kwami was such a great great guy. I’ve seen him out on the golf course several times and... oh man. He was such a truly great person. So friendly. So real. What a massive loss.
RIP #42... [emoji3525]

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mrs42 uses to post back in the day. You can look her up in the members list and leave her a message for old times sake. She hasn't posted since 2004 but maybe she'll come back one day and be delighted to see our well wishes. Nothing mandatory, mind you, only if the spirit moves you.

QEPD

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
Sad news. Kwamie was actually a member of the old Cards Corner on AOL and posted several times. That 4 INT game stands out the most for me, but I also recall a pick he had at Washington the same season that prevented a massive comeback by the Redskins against us.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It doesn't seem that long ago he was out there on the field :cry: So very sad. RIP Kwmie, you were a great Cardinal.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
How sad! I saw him just last month on the Great Lawn with this wife.

RIP

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
RIP to # 42. Kwam was my man. Provided me with one of my greatest moments as a fan outside of the SD game. Picked off Doug Pederson to cap a classic Jake Plummer come back at the Vet.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shocked! Such horrible news. My heart goes out to Mrs42 and the rest of the family.

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
Besides the 4 INT game vs SD, my most vivid memory of Kwamie was earlier in '98 against Washington in DC. Cards jumped out to a huge 1st half lead, I think it was 35-0 at the half. In the 2nd half, the Skins storm back to close the deficit to 45-42, and then get the ball back with under 2 mins to go and I just know they're gonna go down the field & win the game...until The Kwam comes up with a game-saving INT to stop the drive & seal the win...leaving me face down in the aisle at Fedex btw the rows of seats, breathing HUGE sighs of relief as I hear a Skins fan nearby telling my buddy Pat "I think he just either fainted or died". I did NOT want to walk out of that place after losing a game like that!

Thanks Kwamie, for saving that day for me!

RIP mi amigo!

Mrs42

Reaction score
Mrs42 uses to post back in the day. You can look her up in the members list and leave her a message for old times sake. She hasn't posted since 2004 but maybe she'll come back one day and be delighted to see our well wishes. Nothing mandatory, mind you, only if the spirit moves you.

QEPD
I'm back and thank you! I've been following threads in my emails for years. But I appreciate all the prayers and concerns! Thank you Arizona Sports Fan Family. Mrs42

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm back and thank you! I've been following threads in my emails for years. But I appreciate all the prayers and concerns! Thank you Arizona Sports Fan Family. Mrs42

May God Bless you forever more.