Card coaching search rumors and speculation

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I'll take Cole over Boehm every Sunday.

Not according to PFF.

Evan Boehm - #12 C (69.3)
Mason Cole = #34 C (50.8)

Boehm is in his 3rd year and I fully expect Cole to improve with added strength and an NFL off-season. However, I never really understood why Boehm didn't get his shot at our C position. He is clearly not a G.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Not according to PFF.

Boehm is in his 3rd year and I fully expect Cole to improve with added strength and an NFL off-season. However, I never really understood why Boehm didn't get his shot at our C position. He is clearly not a G.

Playing guys out of position was BA's specialty.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
FYI I believe the ‘74 or ‘75 Cards only allowed 8 all season. One of the best Olines in nfl history imo. And they were plain ass nasty!!!

Roger Finnie
Dobler
Tom Banks
Bob Young
Dierdorf

Them be mountain men...
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
FYI I believe the ‘74 or ‘75 Cards only allowed 8 all season. One of the best Olines in nfl history imo. And they were plain ass nasty!!!

Roger Finnie
Dobler
Tom Banks
Bob Young
Dierdorf

No doubt one of the best ever! They could run block also as Metcalf Jim Otis were both in the vicinity of 1000 yards. What was amazing about the 8 sacks was that Hart was probably one of the most immobile QB’s ever.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Conrad Dobler was the Ndamukong Suh of the 70's. :)
No, no, no, no and uh uh.

Dobler lacked the size and athleticsm of Suh. His forte was playing as dirty a game as any lineman in the NFL. (If keeping you away from his QB meant biting you or gouging your eyes, he supposedly did whatever it took).

abcard

Veteran
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, Bob Young and his brother competed in team power lifting competitions. I think they set a record for brothers in power lifting at the time.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

Dobler lacked the size and athleticsm of Suh. His forte was playing as dirty a game as any lineman in the NFL. (If keeping you away from his QB meant biting you or gouging your eyes, he supposedly did whatever it took).

I meant the dirty player part Jeff.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score

That was the gladiator style of football I enjoyed. Todays powder puff players would be eatin alive.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
At this point, speculation exists for 3 coaching hires:

McCarthy - Browns or Jets
Arians - TB
Munchak - Denver (probably Kubiak as OC)

That leaves 5 still available

Arizona
Browns or Jets
Cincy
Miami
Green Bay (Josh McDaniels?) He knows how to work with a HOF QB

Adam Gase most likely to Cardinals or Jets (if they don't get McCarthy)

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If reports are true, last year they wanted Munchak and were embarrassed. This year they wanted McCarthy nearly the same result. Sensing a trend here?

Reactions: HGC

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not according to PFF.

Mason played 16 games with a host of characters left and right. Boehm played a few (don't know the actual number) games on arguably this season's best line.

I'll stand by my earlier point.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
If reports are true, last year they wanted Munchak and were embarrassed. This year they wanted McCarthy nearly the same result. Sensing a trend here?

Eh. Both reportedly made decisions based on family reasons. McCarthy's family is staying in GB and Munchak has daughter/grandkid in Denver.

I wanted McCarthy but not interested in Munchak at all.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just curiuos -

Do any teams (including the Cards) make watching (& commenting on) a playoff game part of the interview process?