Evan Freaking Boehm

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Quenton Nelson is a one man wrecking crew. I remember watching him at the combine and thinking I've never seen anyone more phyically suited to play guard. The dude is built like the tasmanian devil from the Bugs Bunny cartoons.

Reactions: PJ1

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
But is all that mean a difference of 40 sacks? I mean obviously yes but damn that's a big jump.
Anthony Castanzo was always an average LT. Ryan Kelly was a decent C out of college. They added an all pro LG. Got a top 20 RT.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The colts have tried to kill luck his whole career now he's finally got a line

Sadly not one offensive lineman as good as Nelson in this years draft

OP
OP
K

KYCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score
All I know is that Luck is hardly touched this year, and they open holes for the running game, a blue print for an O-Line build.

Nothing will change with this offense until they get the O-Line squared away.

But to cut Boehm and now he is starting C on a playoff team (and center is where he belonged the whole time in AZ), shows you the failure of Keim and coaches.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't put that so much on Keim, but on the coaches, unless the GM tells the coach when and where to play him (maybe they do?).

He was a center in college and was put at guard with us, where apparently he failed.

Is it the GM's fault or the coaches fault when a player is not played at his normal/familiar position?

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
All I know is that Luck is hardly touched this year, and they open holes for the running game, a blue print for an O-Line build.

Nothing will change with this offense until they get the O-Line squared away.

But to cut Boehm and now he is starting C on a playoff team (and center is where he belonged the whole time in AZ), shows you the failure of Keim and coaches.
Boehm was given plenty of shots. He's playing beside probably the best guard in the league already in Nelson. THAT's who this line needs someone like. Keim failed miserably there, even despite the injury for Cooper a #5 overall pick not from a major powerhouse school.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is nothing new. Leonard Davis sucked on ice here then went to Dallas, got moved to guard, and became a pro bowler.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nelson takes care of someone and heads after someone else. This is what we need. He is a beast.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, with respect, you weren't watching closely He was a very mediocre guard who consistently gave up inside pressure.

I was watching closely.

He did not do very well at guard when they finally played him. But really he was no worse than our other guards.

But he was excellent in preseason.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was watching closely.

He did not do very well at guard when they finally played him. But really he was no worse than our other guards.

And preseason and 2 bucks will buy a cup of coffee, which he got and proved wanting.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I was watching closely.

Shocking that a guy who played C in college with marginal athletic talent wouldn't do as well adjusting to a new position. What would it be like if we drafted players who actually played the position that we were drafting them to play.

pmacLean

Veteran
Reaction score
He’s only playing cause the starting center has been injured.

Exactly, and he is a center... and has done very well as a center ... so why the @@@@ didn't we try him at center ? Because we have had such mental giants running things here in AZ...

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Exactly, and he is a center... and has done very well as a center ... so why the @@@@ didn't we try him at center ? Because we have had such mental giants running things here in AZ...
They did he couldn't beat out an average guy in Shipley, then they liked Cole better, and when Munyer started snapping balls over everyones head they gave him another look still and wound up deciding on Munyer over him as C/G b/u.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Ryan Kelly expected to play this week relegating Boehm back to anonymity.