Card coaching search rumors and speculation

az240zz

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That’s interesting. I know some people here mentioned him a while ago. I think the thing with these young guys is you need to have some age/experience on their staff as a sort of mentor.

Didn't they try that... Didn't work for them..

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait. Didn’t KK sign with UCLA as their OC? And didn’t UCLA fire their head coach? Seems to me they’ll bump him up to head coach. Or am I wrong about all this?

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Wait. Didn’t KK sign with UCLA as their OC? And didn’t UCLA fire their head coach? Seems to me they’ll bump him up to head coach. Or am I wrong about all this?

He is at USC not UCLA only been there a month

ReasonableMan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We must smell or something
McCarthy and Bieniemy by passing on Cardinals interviews in semi public fashion, are saying we don't want anything to do with organization now or in the future. These are not small things.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Maybe (just guessing) because of all the bad hoopla we've had the last couple of days over the firing of Wilks?

Last edited:

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
McCarthy and Bieniemy by passing on Cardinals interviews in semi public fashion, are saying we don't want anything to do with organization now or in the future. These are not small things.

Agreed but is McCarthy because of Rosen/Rodgers connection/similarities? If so, I am fine with that.

Bienemy - He is a playoff coach, so he has limited time. Maybe they contacted him first or maybe he feels like he wouldn't be a real candidate for our job. Either way, he wasn't high on my list.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Agreed but is McCarthy because of Rosen/Rodgers connection/similarities? If so, I am fine with that.

Bienemy - He is a playoff coach, so he has limited time. Maybe they contacted him first or maybe he feels like he wouldn't be a real candidate for our job. Either way, he wasn't high on my list.
I think both of your thoughts are spot on.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score

Sour grapes. McCarthy could be butt hurt and is spiteful towards the Cards for getting him fired? That obviously was the last straw for the Packer org?

OP
OP
football karma

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

two factors;

1. out of 8 openings, I wouldn't too much into individual choices

2. this is also self selecting for Josh Rosen. McCarthy, for example, may prefer Sam Darnold

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Sour grapes. McCarthy could be butt hurt and is spiteful towards the Cards for getting him fired? That obviously was the last straw for the Packer org?
If that's his rationale, he's a moron...lol He only needs to look at the career of Kurt Warner...his final start for the Giants was against the Cards...and the Cards embarrassed him. Then he signs with the Cards in the off-season...No sour grapes and the ability to resurrect and cement his career.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Why, because Bieniemy has a ton more coaching experience than Pederson?

Pederson just has a more innovative football mind. I don't think you realize just how good a coach Pederson actually is. Everyone tried to give credit to all his assistants in Philly last year for their success. Talk to people actually in the know & they will tell you that Pederson is an extraordinary coach. That Philly team was decimated this year with injuries & still found a way to sneak into the playoffs. I watched them get horrible calls in Dallas that cost them the game & what then appeared to be a dagger in the heart. His leadership brought them back from the brink & don't be surprised if they go into Chicago this weekend & win.

Bieniemy may turn out ok, but he's not even remotely in Pederson's league. He may be a good choice for a less desperate franchise, but IMO, not ours.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The same situation with McCarthy as last year with Schurmer taking NYG job over ARZ because at the time we did not have a QB on the roster. I hope McCarthy takes NYJ job so that media crucifies him when that team disappoints. They arguably have more holes than we do so he will have his work cut out for him if he goes there. With that said I think he either goes to CLE or sits out a year if NYJ don’t offer him a ton of money.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The same situation with McCarthy as last year with Schurmer taking NYG job over ARZ because at the time we did not have a QB on the roster. I hope McCarthy takes NYJ job so that media crucifies him when that team disappoints. They arguably have more holes than we do so he will have his work cut out for him if he goes there. With that said I think he either goes to CLE or sits out a year if NYJ don’t offer him a ton of money.

There should NOTHING appealing about Cardinals situation over Jets or Browns. ZERRRRRRO.

So why chose a team buried in NFCW over AFCE where only one team is dominant. Likely a better QB prospect in Darnold. More stable front office (comparatively) and an owner who is not hands on with a GM who is more stable than Cardinals situation.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
It would be interesting to know WHY Bieniemy is rejecting the Cardinals.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
There should NOTHING appealing about Cardinals situation over Jets or Browns. ZERRRRRRO.

So why chose a team buried in NFCW over AFCE where only one team is dominant. Likely a better QB prospect in Darnold. More stable front office (comparatively) and an owner who is not hands on with a GM who is more stable than Cardinals situation.

I would agree that the Browns are a better situation right now (maybe the best opening of all this year). Young QB, lots of talent, etc.

The Jets though?

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I think both of your thoughts are spot on.

That may be, still not a good look for the organization, but then again, the organization worked REALLY hard to look this poor in the public's eye.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
It would be interesting to know WHY Bieniemy is rejecting the Cardinals.

I think that is one of those things we will never know. Coaches that have aspirations of moving up in their career don't burn bridges before they crossed them.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score

I wonder how much Josh Rosen scares away potential head coaches. To take the Cardinals job, you have to believe that Rosen's upside is greater than Jay Cutler.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave