OT: Trouble in Pittsburgh

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Randy Moss in 2007 at 30 was traded to NE for a fourth round pick. Antonio Brown shouldn’t be worth anything earlier than a 3rd at this point in his career. Maybe a third and swap of seconds

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
Randy Moss in 2007 at 30 was traded to NE for a fourth round pick. Antonio Brown shouldn’t be worth anything earlier than a 3rd at this point in his career. Maybe a third and swap of seconds

And the Raiders got a first for a very pedestrian Cooper?..

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Moss had a very pedestrian 2006 and teams thought he was done. Originally Oakland traded number 7 overall for Moss.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
29 yr old Anquan Boldin and a 5th round pick was traded for 3rd and 4th round picks.

Veteran WRs on the plus side of 30 don’t have a ton of value.

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
Moss had a very pedestrian 2006 and teams thought he was done. Originally Oakland traded number 7 overall for Moss.

The Raiders were 2-14 that year (2006) and were quarterbacked by ASUs own Andrew Walter and Aaron Brooks. You don’t waste a first rounder on a 30 year old wr. Brown here would have close to the same results with the same qb play.

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
#1 overall? I thought we were discussing the #33. The second round would depend on how far the team thought they were from competing. AB probably has 2-3 years left.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would not give up our #33 for a 31 year old guy who gets nicked up easily. That’s practically a 1st rounder. I remember when Gary Clark came over from the Skins. Similar skill set to AB, and his hammies were shot in no time. Maybe our 3rd.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would not give up our #33 for a 31 year old guy who gets nicked up easily. That’s practically a 1st rounder. I remember when Gary Clark came over from the Skins. Similar skill set to AB, and his hammies were shot in no time. Maybe our 3rd.

Exactly nothing more then a 3rd... this team needs to get younger and more talented not older and more talented... But as has been said he virtually untradeable anyway.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Just glanced at over the cap, Brown is practically untradeable, if he was traded he’d cost the Steelers $21 million + in dead cap space.

https://overthecap.com/player/antonio-brown/1579/

That’s based on a pre June 1 trade

Exactly, but if they waited until after June 1 he would only cost them 7 mil, but the other 14 mil comes due the next year. I swear fantasy football has people losing their thought process over real football.

pmacLean

Veteran
Reaction score
BS. I know the manager of that restaurant in Atlanta pretty well. Apparently, she “went in the bathroom” with guys there regularly. If she’s letting busboys in, do you really think she was going to say no to a pro athlete? I don’t.

given it happened 100 miles from Atlanta, not sure what a restaurant manager in Atlanta would know...just sayin

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
His trajection is heading downward. He didn't dominate this year like the past 5. Let's give up our number 1 for him though, sounds great.
Please, please, please go find anywhere where I said give up the #1. As usual, I'll wait. And please explain to the class how a guy can lead the league in TD receptions and be considered on a downward trajectory.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I'm assuming nobody wants Fitz to come back next year. I mean, if you don't want a 31years old WR that has been the best WR in the game, then no way you want Fitz back at his age.

If Pitt would take the #33 pick for AB, you do that trade every day in a second. AB probably has 3-5 good years left. The #33 pick will be lucky to be in the NFL for 3-5 years total.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I'm assuming nobody wants Fitz to come back next year. I mean, if you don't want a 31years old WR that has been the best WR in the game, then no way you want Fitz back at his age.

If Pitt would take the #33 pick for AB, you do that trade every day in a second. AB probably has 3-5 good years left. The #33 pick will be lucky to be in the NFL for 3-5 years total.

Fitz coming back doesn't cost a high draft pick HUGE difference.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Fitz coming back doesn't cost a high draft pick HUGE difference.
He's not as good as AB either.

The 33rd pick would be a steal for Brown. I'd say there's about a 2% chance(and that may be high) you get a player at 33 that would have the impact or production of Brown.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave