"Bidwill and Keim exposed and in denial."

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Passion is one thing. Typing and posting everything that floats through your head is another. His articles are just all over the map. One day he blames one guy, the next the other. But he follows the usual path of the online sports blogger/ journalist: stir up the pot and get me some clicks.

Yeah he absolutely did not like BA

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I always viewed Mitch as another poster and read his posts as such... just another opinion.

In this regard I never understood how his writings garnered such anger.

He always brought something to the table to think about whether one agrees or not.
Damn you guys are mean. Mitch posted great stuff here. His post were informative and interesting. Yes he has his own opinions and most of you other guys do to, but he seemed to be ripped into more as he put himself out there.

The only thing is I wish Mitch would have realized if you post your opinion, and in detail like he did, you were going to get backlash no matter where you were to post it, but he just couldn't handle it.
the reason his posts always got so heated was because he took it to that place. if someone disagreed with him he took it personally instead of letting the conversation evolve. that isn't the mentality of a forum poster, that's the mentality of someone who thinks he's better than everyone else. he said it himself after he started writing on ROTB, the mods delete comments often. he's loooving being put on some pedestal over there where everyone agrees with him.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn you guys are mean. Mitch posted great stuff here. His post were informative and interesting. Yes he has his own opinions and most of you other guys do to, but he seemed to be ripped into more as he put himself out there.

The only thing is I wish Mitch would have realized if you post your opinion, and in detail like he did, you were going to get backlash no matter where you were to post it, but he just couldn't handle it.

Yeah. You would think the guy teaches high school English. The way he can dish out criticism but not take it.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mitch is a prolific writer. But he is extremely slanted in his opinions on people. He is not objective and gets way to personal. He has no real insight on what is going on but creates his own impressions. His negativity can be overwhelming. I enjoyed his analysis on games but hated when he got in attack mode on players, coaches and even owners. None of us really know what is going on in the locker room or behind closed doors. It's pure conjecture and Mitch feasts on that.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Mitch had interesting takes, but i also thought he presented his pure speculation as informed fact.

interesting that he attributes all success over the last five years or so as Arians -- when he was leading the charge over the last couple years that it was Arians that was the problem.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You can't get butt hurt on a message board.

Amen! Look, I like Mitch & I enjoy reading his material. I don’t always agree with him, as I don’t always agree with others on this board. And I’m sure that the reverse is true also.

I’ve always maintained that Keim has done just enough to keep his job, and just enough to get fired. I stand firmly behind what I have said all along. Keim is still employed because he washed his hands of the Wilks hire from day 1. That hire was 100% on MB. Michael is still cleaning the egg off his face. After a decent run of Cardinal success with Whisenhunt & Arians, Michael thought it was a good time to play patty cakes with the NFL Front Office. Michael got burned by that venture & is visibly pissed too.

Keim may have been saved by the bell, but MB will have him on a short leash. Michael wants this mess turned around, and he wants it done fairly quickly. MB is giving him a mulligan for the Wilks debacle, but Keim understands he needs a good hire & a great draft / FA period. It’ll be interesting to see how this pans out.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah he absolutely did not like BA
If I remember correctly he loved him at first, lots of praise for BASK, but then soured for some reason. Or I could be totally wrong. For some reason I remember being totally shocked when he turned Anti-BA. But he sure did have a knack for hearing things and getting info about the interworking of the front office, thought process behind moves and moves not made, and vibe in the locker room. Somehow.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
If I remember correctly he loved him at first, lots of praise for BASK, but then soured for some reason. Or I could be totally wrong. For some reason I remember being totally shocked when he turned Anti-BA. But he sure did have a knack for hearing things and getting info about the interworking of the front office, thought process behind moves and moves not made, and vibe in the locker room. Somehow.

It got old having BA compared to BB and the Patriot Way.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Amen! Look, I like Mitch & I enjoy reading his material. I don’t always agree with him, as I don’t always agree with others on this board. And I’m sure that the reverse is true also.

I’ve always maintained that Keim has done just enough to keep his job, and just enough to get fired. I stand firmly behind what I have said all along. Keim is still employed because he washed his hands of the Wilks hire from day 1. That hire was 100% on MB. Michael is still cleaning the egg off his face. After a decent run of Cardinal success with Whisenhunt & Arians, Michael thought it was a good time to play patty cakes with the NFL Front Office. Michael got burned by that venture & is visibly pissed too.

Keim may have been saved by the bell, but MB will have him on a short leash. Michael wants this mess turned around, and he wants it done fairly quickly. MB is giving him a mulligan for the Wilks debacle, but Keim understands he needs a good hire & a great draft / FA period. It’ll be interesting to see how this pans out.
I especially loved his roster projections during camp and his off-season plans, always fun to read and think about.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I didn't dislike Mitch, but I got really tired of his wild speculation presented as fact. It was the same as the fake news epidemic going on. And I don't mean the "fake news" our president claims comes from CNN, I'm talking about the clickbait articles on Facebook with headlines like "You won't BELIEVE what the Clinton Foundation said about MURDERING PUPPIES."

Well, that and the conceptual trades that would have been declined with the difficulty set to "Rookie" on Madden.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So my curiosity got the best of me and I read this "article" and it was even worse than expected. Honestly, it's about the dumbest POS thing I have read online in a long time.

Mitch rips their mistakes and rips their successes. As usual, he has no actual facts for any of it. Doesn't even preface his remarks with "rumor has it" or anything else. It's about as bad as it gets, an if it wasn't such an under the radar site, he really could face a lawsuit at some point. He should actually be worried. He could get sued for libel/ defamation. That article is really, really bad.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I’ve always thought the fun of boards was they spurred diverse opinions. For me it’s the more the merrier. I think I’ve previously admitted that in the past I’ve deliberately posted stuff to tweak people’s ire. If I didnt after the first couple of FA weeks and until the draft, the board was dead.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I guess I should add that Keim was a bigger cause of failure than Wilks and Bidwill’s “Stay in your lane” is absurd. The GM needs to have the ultimate say about how the coach functions. The GM shouldn’t call the plays, but he should be involved in who’s playing, for example.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No facts many speculations, a bad articel, I thought I know that style and after reading it is a mitch product, as allways ... same ol ...

Facts aren't really there, the Wisenhunt hiring didn't work out like he wrote, Wisenhunt did never turn us down, but he had another opening that he liked more. Same goes for BA, yes BA wanted the Bears job more than ours, but that was because we didn't have a QB to speak of.

And Keim from what we heared now, isn't at fault for the Wilks hiring, tha is on Bidwill and it might not been such a difference because I don't think Bettcher is the way better HC but I think many other things would have happend. Stanton would have been our cheap QB Kitchens maybe the OC ... and so on.

Who knows how that would have been, we know that we lost 2 games because of bad coaching decisions in the last 4 minutes and 1 because we didn't make the FG in the first half because of bad coaching and a stop in the 2nd half. at least 3 more games and with some luck Bettcher could have gone 7-9, who knows.

Point is, I think Keim had a 50/50 chance and going with Keim another year makes sense. If he finds a Coach that can make some good changes we could jump from 3-13 to 9-7 things can happen fast in the NFL.

So I don't think Mitch is right at all and this article isn't worth the dataspace it uses up.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I guess I should add that Keim was a bigger cause of failure than Wilks and Bidwill’s “Stay in your lane” is absurd. The GM needs to have the ultimate say about how the coach functions. The GM shouldn’t call the plays, but he should be involved in who’s playing, for example.
Keim never had that option and same goes for another 30 teams. Most of the time the Coach tells the GM who are the starting players not the way around.

Keim didn't have any say in who was playing where in Arians area ... I don't think we would talk about why Boehm is a average to good C for the Colts ... when he never started there in Arizona but was drafted to be the successor for Sendline.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I honestly think Mitch gave different insights & opinions just to get people to think outside the box & to think of possibilities that COULD be going on inside the organization & behind the scenes.

Sometimes he didn’t budge on certain beliefs, but don’t we all? He’s got a great mind & imagination, but he’s also a great writer & knows the game as well.

I did find it odd that Mort & Schefter (whom I highly respect their opinions & are usually dead on) did report at the end of Their report on Wilks getting fired they said when personally talking to 2 coaches after interviewing with the Cards last season, both coaches said “I want no part of that organization”.

Maybe he’s not too far off base? Hmmmm makes you wonder what’s real & what’s not.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson