Evan Freaking Boehm

KYCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score
starting center for the Colts whose offensive line keeps Luck clean and opens hole for running game

WTH is going on in the desert

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
my best guess:

Evan Boehm works when he is the 5th best member of the o-line

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I just have a hard time believing he was worse than Munyer or Vujnovich. Maybe not a starter but good enough to be on this roster.

that's a different issue

part of the cost of changing head coaches is that bubble guys from the previous regime all seem to go

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
He’s only playing cause the starting center has been injured.

Kinda what happened here with Shipley?

I saw the name on the jersey and had to look it up to be sure. He seemed to do pretty well as center - wasn't he played at guard here?

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Kinda what happened here with Shipley?

I saw the name on the jersey and had to look it up to be sure. He seemed to do pretty well as center - wasn't he played at guard here?

Drafted as a center and played as a guard. Even after Munyer was cutting the grass with his preseason snaps they never gave Boehm anymore than a cursory look at the position. That is on coaches not the GM IMO.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Drafted as a center and played as a guard. Even after Munyer was cutting the grass with his preseason snaps they never gave Boehm anymore than a cursory look at the position. That is on coaches not the GM IMO.

Which is why they had to draft another center in 2018. Wasted draft picks.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Both BA and Wilks deemed him to be worse than the garbage we trotted out on the O-line the last couple of years. Yet Indy has no problem starting him in a game with playoff implications. Interesting, for sure.

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
He couldn't beat out Shipley and he was better used at other positions. Then, he couldn't beat out Mason Cole, so he was dropped

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
The lesson here is that the Colts drafted 2 rookie OLinemen and cut the sacks down by over 2/3rds.Should hope that the Cards take notice .Still want Boss with #1 pick and OLine fixes .

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Last year Colts QB's were sacked 56 times. This season, 18 times. Why the big difference?

Scheme and coaching makes a big difference at this level, where the talent is usually comparable.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
starting center for the Colts whose offensive line keeps Luck clean and opens hole for running game

WTH is going on in the desert

I'm not surprised.

Everytime I watched the oline he always looked good to me. I do not and cannot understand why the cardinals got rid of him without ever hardly giving him any playing time in the regular season especially at center - which is what he is.

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The lesson here is that the Colts drafted 2 rookie OLinemen and cut the sacks down by over 2/3rds.Should hope that the Cards take notice .Still want Boss with #1 pick and OLine fixes .
FWIW, the Colts traded down to get those two offensive lineman. Nelson was as advertised - instant pro bowler. The surprise has been Auburn guard Braden Smith who injuries forced to tackle.

Reaction score
We could have kept him as a cheap back up. Probably could have used him this year with all of the injuries I would think.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not surprised.

Everytime I watched the oline he always looked good to me. I do not and cannot understand why the cardinals got rid of him without ever hardly giving him any playing time in the regular season especially at center - which is what he is.

Well, with respect, you weren't watching closely He was a very mediocre guard who consistently gave up inside pressure.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson