OT: NFL MVP

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

No way Mahomes doesn’t win but this is a strong year...

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Drew Breeeees

I would love to see him win it and top off his career.

Aaron Donald is having one of the most dominate seasons ever. I'd love to see him get it and get some shine to.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Nick Foles is the league MVP. The Eagles were dead in the water when he came back in and now they're in the playoffs. By dead in the water I mean they had a 5% shot at making the playoffs and he comes in and beats both the Rams, in L.A., and a very good Texans team before stomping a horrible Deadskin team.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Brees gets it, that would be a lifetime achievement thing.

Give it to Brady..... again. Then rename the award TB12

OP
OP
GatorAZ

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
If Brees gets it, that would be a lifetime achievement thing.

Give it to Brady..... again. Then rename the award TB12

Brees should at least have one, maybe two by now but his defenses were never good enough to have enough wins.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Good to be Mahomes and Goff. Young talented guys who walked into the locker room to start the year and saw the most talented rosters in the NFL looking back at them.
That kind of situation makes people look good. Hopefully as Rosen starts his second year we can make absurd improvements to the roster for him.
Like the Rams. How does one team go out in an offseason and sign Marcus Peters, Aquib Talib, Ndamekong Suh, Dante Fowler, after grabbing Robert Woods, Brandon Cooks, Rob Havenstein and Andrew Whitworth a few months earlier? This is what it looks like when your FA's are all hits instead of marginal players who end up on IR anyway.

For the MVP, which team would be worse off without that particular player? That's the definition of 'valuable'.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For the MVP, which team would be worse off without that particular player? That's the definition of 'valuable'.
Baseball one year gave the MVP to Andre Dawson who played for the last place Cubs. My thoughts were, just how much worse would they have been? So, I agree with you. It isn't about numbers per se but how valuable the player was but anymore the pick goes to whoever is the sexy pick.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Should be Baker Mayfield.... Browns were 1-31 ... Mayfield takes the field and suddenly the are playing meaningful games in December

Lorenzo

Reaction score
If foles is an MVP candidate for helping his team win a few games down the stretch....why has no one mentioned Elliott who carried an offense on his back all year?

Pat Mahomes and Drew Brees for me are the only options, but brees had some struggles down the stretch especially that game against Dallas he was awful.