Bowles will be Fired

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's a good DC that's where he belongs he's clearly not a HC no shame in that not everyone is.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That sign was on the wall last year ... Bowles didn't improve so ... yeah ... I think he is a better DC than HC at the moment, maybe the next time around, like Bill Belicheck.

OP
OP
PACardsFan

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
the defensive coordinator has to be chosen by the future head coach, i am against the ownership or gm forcing the choice

That goes without saying, but Todd has at least created a strong reputation as a DC. If Keim is kept, there’s nothing wrong with him putting in a good word for the job Bowles did when he was our DC.

sr7706

Registered
Reaction score
As much as I like Bowles, you are entirely right. The new HC needs to bring in his own staff.

I think this is the old model when it comes to staffing your coaches . When Wilkes was hired, Keim had McCoy on deck already for the OC spot I believe. I'm not saying that coaches shouldn't hire their own guys, but having someone as quality as Bowles on board as a DC, you could go out and strictly search for an offensive mind for HC. Kind of like what the Rams did with McVay and Wade Phillips.
It seems fewer coaching candidates have top quality assistants up and down their staff anyways, especially younger coaches.

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
Sure! Pair Bowles as DC, with an EXPERIENCED offensive-minded HC :B: with a reputation for :A: developing QBs and we just might have a recipe for success here!

Oh wait a minute...we already HAD that here! :sarcasm:

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I think this is the old model when it comes to staffing your coaches . When Wilkes was hired, Keim had McCoy on deck already for the OC spot I believe. I'm not saying that coaches shouldn't hire their own guys, but having someone as quality as Bowles on board as a DC, you could go out and strictly search for an offensive mind for HC. Kind of like what the Rams did with McVay and Wade Phillips.
It seems fewer coaching candidates have top quality assistants up and down their staff anyways, especially younger coaches.

That is what I heard about McCoy.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If he brought in and handed the reigns to a established oc I would take him at hc. He had shown that his defense goes well with a potential offense and that he wouldn't drag us into this 80s football game plan that will did.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson