I don't get it.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Fair enough. It was another one of you that said that (although you said you agreed with them). I group all crazies in together as one ball of oddness.

no, NOT fair enough!
you said "admit when you're wrong and move on"
you did neither,
adding the "crazies" insult to your prior 4 insults

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Most of the time I think that phrase is code for "I don't like the guy but I can't prove he sucks". What is an empty stats guy? Has there ever been a player that played starter minutes and put up completely meaningless stats? Of course not. Do players occasionally gain stats without helping their team? Of course, all of them do. You can't watch a few minutes or a few games and learn whether a person's stats are significantly inflated so until you can show me advanced stats that show the person isn't helping his team with those stats, it's silly to use the phrase IMO.

The whole credibility of his useless website’s nba coverage depends on Doncic being the next Larry Bird and far and away better than Ayton.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
"Dominating the league" is quite a bit over the top. He is a rookie that is having a good rookie year. He has a ways to go to get to the point of dominating.

No it is not, and he's having much more than a good rookie year. You're really not giving the kid enough credit. He is by far the Mavs best player, and quite often the best player on the court. His command of the game and impact is exceptional. At 19 years old.

Last edited:

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
No it is not, and he's having much more than a good rookie year. You're really not giving the kid enough credit. He is by far the Mavs best player, and quite often the best player on the court. His command of the game and impact is exceptional. At 19 years old.
LeBron is a dominant player. Doncic is a good young player who maybe has some dominant moments. Maybe he will get to the point of being dominant eventually, but he absolutely isn’t there yet.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just wait until it's Doncic vs. Zion Williamson for 15 minutes every night on SportsCenter, Even though we pick up one of their other players and actually start winning games.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

The kid is incredible and is the best player on a team with a winning record.

He deserves every bit of the recognition and fame that he’s getting this season. The massive Ayton homers here hate to give anyone else credit from that draft but both Doncic and Jackson Jr have been absolute studs this season.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

He deserves every bit of the recognition and fame that he’s getting this season. The massive Ayton homers here hate to give anyone else credit from that draft but both Doncic and Jackson Jr have been absolute studs this season.

That shot is ridiculous. Kid definitely has "it".

JJJ is also having a good season, but he came into a MUCH better situation with good veterans around him. He's also a shot-blocking fiend... but he's kind of a mediocre rebounder, which surprises me with his size/athleticism.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

But he's not on a team with a winning record. The Mavs are 15-17 and in 12th place in the West. Luka's been a good player this year, I don't think anyone is denying that, but the people who don't gush over every little thing he does get labeled as "haters" or now "Ayton homers" and that's ridiculous.

Ayton goes for 28 & 16 with 3 blocks and people that bring that up and get labeled as a "homer" because it was in a loss but Doncic has led the Mavericks to 6 straight losses while posting impressive stat lines and we're supposed to what, regret taking Ayton? I don't get it.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Such as who? I haven't seen anyone here that hasn't said good things about Doncic. And I have no idea who these "massive Ayton homers" are. Are you sure you're not confusing us with some other forum?

I think Doncic's hype exceeds his game and Ayton's game exceeds his reputation but that doesn't mean I don't realize Ayton has some serious shortcomings and that Doncic is special.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
But he's not on a team with a winning record. The Mavs are 15-17 and in 12th place in the West. Luka's been a good player this year, I don't think anyone is denying that, but the people who don't gush over every little thing he does get labeled as "haters" or now "Ayton homers" and that's ridiculous.

Ayton goes for 28 & 16 with 3 blocks and people that bring that up and get labeled as a "homer" because it was in a loss but Doncic has led the Mavericks to 6 straight losses while posting impressive stat lines and we're supposed to what, regret taking Ayton? I don't get it.

It's not about stats, man. I am an Ayton guy, but anyone who's watched Luka play a few games can see that he is just different. He has "it". I don't think anyone wants the Suns fans to feel bad about taking Ayton. Everybody would have taken Ayton at #1. I am guessing that a lot of folks who liked Luka are pissed because they were ridiculed for month being told Doncic is not going to be any good, that he is just a soft white Euro, etc. It continues even now- people complaining about the media talking about Doncic and ignoring Ayton. I think some people are just saying, "Hey, I told you so." In my case, I just enjoy watching him play. Things that he is doing as a rookie are flat-out amazing.

Last edited:

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
It's not about stats, man. I am an Ayton guy, but anyone who's watched Luka play a few games can see that he is just different. He has "it". I don't think anyone wants the Suns fans to feel bad about taking Ayton. Everybody would have taken Ayton at #1. I am guessing that a lot of folks who liked Luka are pissed because they were ridiculed for month being told Doncic is not going to be any good, that he is just a soft white Euro, etc. It continues even now- people complaining about the media talking about Doncic and ignoring Ayton. I think some people are just saying, "Hey, I told you so." In my case, I just enjoy watching him play. Things that he is doing as a rookie are flat-out amazing.
I'd still take ayton 1st if there was a redo, but I think you're right about people just want to rub in the fact they were right about Luka being good, eventually I don't think people will even talk about should Luka have been the first pick or not or if ayton was a mistake. I can see this draft playing out like the year Michael Jordan was drafted 3rd, he was the best player for sure (which maybe Luka ends up being ) but no body criticizes Houston for passing on him with the first pick, why ? because their pick was hakeem olajuwon and that pick worked out pretty well for them as well

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd still take ayton 1st if there was a redo, but I think you're right about people just want to rub in the fact they were right about Luka being good, eventually I don't think people will even talk about should Luka have been the first pick or not or if ayton was a mistake. I can see this draft playing out like the year Michael Jordan was drafted 3rd, he was the best player for sure (which maybe Luka ends up being ) but no body criticizes Houston for passing on him with the first pick, why ? because their pick was hakeem olajuwon and that pick worked out pretty well for them as well

Spot on! I was going to mention that also. Sam Bowie is brought up and I hope Bagley is more than Bowie but there are more teams to question than just the Suns as far as passing on Luka. I still think Atlanta should take the lion's share of blame for TRADING Doncic. They didn't get a too crazy to turn it down offer for that pick either. Had it been like the rumored deal where Ainge was said to be offering Charlotte 4 1st round picks for the selection that got them Frank Kaminsky then you couldn't bash a team for taking it because more often than not, 4 picks > 1 pick, since they weren't all conveying in the same year. If Ayton can be Olajuwon then I'd be ecstatic. No one questioned the Rockets before they had their title wins in the 90's either, those 2 titles ensured they wouldn't get any second guessers down the line though.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That shot is ridiculous. Kid definitely has "it".

JJJ is also having a good season, but he came into a MUCH better situation with good veterans around him. He's also a shot-blocking fiend... but he's kind of a mediocre rebounder, which surprises me with his size/athleticism.
If you go for the block on every play you are often out of position for rebounds and vice versa. It seems amazing to me that with Ayton people seem to discount rebounds as a defensive stat.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score

this is exactly this absurd poo again

Wow he made a clutch shot! Dude was 7-21 and shoots 30-something percent in his last 20 games. His team is 15-17 and has played one of the easiest schedules in the league so far.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If you go for the block on every play you are often out of position for rebounds and vice versa. It seems amazing to me that with Ayton people seem to discount rebounds as a defensive stat.

As much as I discount a lot of Charles Barkley's philosophy, he is very correct that you haven't stopped a team until you gain possession of the ball.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Such as who? I haven't seen anyone here that hasn't said good things about Doncic. And I have no idea who these "massive Ayton homers" are. Are you sure you're not confusing us with some other forum?

I think Doncic's hype exceeds his game and Ayton's game exceeds his reputation but that doesn't mean I don't realize Ayton has some serious shortcomings and that Doncic is special.
Slin? There’s definitely more but he was the easiest one that came to mind.

I see more people pointing out the faults of Doncic’s game than his pros anytime he’s discussed. Suns fans in general are overly defensive of crediting Doncic because of the fear of it somehow diminishing Ayton.

I don’t browse their forums much but I suspect Mavs fans are probably the same way on their forum too just vice versus.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Slin? There’s definitely more but he was the easiest one that came to mind.

I see more people pointing out the faults of Doncic’s game than his pros anytime he’s discussed. Suns fans in general are overly defensive of crediting Doncic because of the fear of it somehow diminishing Ayton.

I don’t browse their forums much but I suspect Mavs fans are probably the same way on their forum too just vice versus.
It is very off putting when pretty much every time Doncic is mentioned almost anywhere it is doing nothing but raving about how good he is. Then with Ayton 75% of the things I see are talking about his flaws. I understand that it being a Suns fan site suggests we will talk about both the positives and the negatives of our player and likely will only bring up Doncic when he does something good, but it is tiresome nonetheless.

This site is no where near the worst in this regard though. Some of the other places I go seem to be like 30+% that believe we picked the wrong player. I find it hard not to root against Doncic even though I was a big fan prior to the draft. I suppose I need to do a better job of tuning it all out.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Who does that? Show me a post where a single individual actually said “rebounds are not a defensive stat.” Made up argument.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

That’s because they are responding to the fanboys calling Doncic Larry Bird, and you’re taking it personal when someone disagrees.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That’s because they are responding to the fanboys calling Doncic Larry Bird, and you’re taking it personal when someone disagrees.
Eh I agree with him. I don’t see anyone here that’s personally staked in Doncic.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who does that? Show me a post where a single individual actually said “rebounds are not a defensive stat.” Made up argument.
Chill Ouchie, I am not talking about you, or anyone on this board for that matter. That's why I did not post in response to anyone else's post. On other sites where rookie discussions are going on like the RealGM General Board, any mention of Ayton draw this response. He does not block shots at a high rate, he is not a rim protector, therefore he is a bad defender. I am just saying in general today, people seem to over rate the block--and with Ayton, they seem to under rate rebounding.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Eh I agree with him. I don’t see anyone here that’s personally staked in Doncic.
Maybe you’re just not reading it right. Which is fine, but you’ve been taking things personally a lot lately, adding to the growing animosity we have towards one another on this board. Merry Christmas and Happy Hannakuh!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Chill Ouchie, I am not talking about you, or anyone on this board for that matter. That's why I did not post in response to anyone else's post. On other sites where rookie discussions are going on like the RealGM General Board, any mention of Ayton draw this response. He does not block shots at a high rate, he is not a rim protector, therefore he is a bad defender. I am just saying in general today, people seem to over rate the block--and with Ayton, they seem to under rate rebounding.
Sorry. Defensive of what people say on this board. I hate when people mischarcterize what I, or anyone else in this board, says. Hair trigger. All good.