Prediction: Arians next Head coach in Cleveland

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
There are too many things lining up that point to Arians being the guy to take over the Browns next year.
Sadly, for Cards fans, he'll likely have a lot of success with a very similar staff he had while in Arizona.

Point 1-There's a report out that says Kitchens is going to be OC regardless of the new HC. Kitchens was groomed by Arians and BA has said he's going to cede play calling duties if he took the job. I'm sure Arians would have no problem with Kitchens calling plays and they have a great relationship. May not be the case with another HC that is hired.

Point 2- what coach has a better rep, warranted or not, with developing a young QB than Arians. Baker's development is going to be priority #1 for the next HC in Cleveland. Plus, you'd have to think Mayfield's and Arians personalities are a perfect mesh.

Point 3- Famous Amos is already on the staff and we know what BA thinks of him.

Point 4- Bowles gets canned and BA hires him to run the defense. Any new HC isn't likely to want to keep the former HC on staff. Bowles is a ready proven replacement.

These all look like indicators that BA has a great shot to be the next HC in Cleveland.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
you got your ducks in a row...and they look correct to me

Cardinals will hire....who?
I hope Mike Macarthey (spelling?)

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
BA doesn't want to be here or he would be saying he wants to come back (still under contract).

I don't blame him for wanting to make one last statement in his career...turning around the Browns would be an exclamation point.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So what. Just another team he can lead to the playoffs and maybe win 1 game.
Ahahahahaha!!! as opposed to a 3 win season...yea what a horrible option

He got EVERY TEAM he's coached for minus one to the playoffs ...EVERY STINKING ONE!

If you don't want a guy like that....you'z Cra Cra

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ahahahahaha!!! as opposed to a 3 win season...yea what a horrible option

He got EVERY TEAM he's coached for minus one to the playoffs ...EVERY STINKING ONE!

If you don't want a guy like that....you'z Cra Cra
Arians won 1 playoff game and only went to the playoffs twice. 3 times if you count filling in at Indy. Not exactly Bill Belichick here. Whiz was more successful. Should we bring him back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReasonableMan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Arians won 1 playoff game and only went to the playoffs twice. 3 times if you count filling in at Indy. Not exactly Bill Belichick here. Whiz was more successful. Should we bring him back?

Shoot if it means canning Wilks I’d go for it. Whiz is a pretty decent offensive mind and works really well with pocket passers.

The Chargers look great right now

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Shoot if it means canning Wilks I’d go for it. Whiz is a pretty decent offensive mind and works really well with pocket passers.

The Chargers look great right now

I would hope so. They have a HOF QB and some of the best talent on offense in the NFL.

Think about the offense he had with us...Kurt Warner, Edgerrin James, Fitz and Boldin in their prime. All 4 HOF players?

He may be a good OC with HOF talent but he is a terrible HC. No thanks!

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would hope so. They have a HOF QB and some of the best talent on offense in the NFL.

Think about the offense he had with us...Kurt Warner, Edgerrin James, Fitz and Boldin in their prime. All 4 HOF players?

Terrible is certainly debatable.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
If my memory serves correctly, BA hates Greg Williams. I wouldn’t dismiss the possibility that BA is doing and saying all this because he is trying to hurt Greg Williams.

Jake6233

All Star
Reaction score

6 seasons overall. 4 with winning records and only one losing season. Not to mention he took over a colts team coming off a 2 win season and led them to the playoffs and then took the cardinals from 5 to 10 wins in his first season here in what may have been the best division ever in 2013. Crazy that we've come to criticizing the best coach the cardinals have had in AZ by far especially with what we're left with now.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He'll coach 8-9 games, looking red as a tomato roaming the sidelines, then mysteriously retire mid-season.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
If so that points to BA being pushed out by Michael

I still say watch out for a Lincoln Riley/Baker the Touchdown Maker reunion :mrgreen:. This would be the perfect time if he’s interested in the NFL

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I wouldn't exactly say that Edgerrin James was in his prime during his years in AZ???

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Terrible HC??? If Brenda Warner kept her mouth shut, Kurt would have played 2 more years & we may have seen another SB under Whiz. In my long history as a Cardinal fan, he's still the best HC we ever had. Coryell was 0-2 in the playoffs for a 70's team that had tons of talent. It'll be a cold day in hell before another Cardinal HC surpasses Whiz's playoff record here.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If so that points to BA being pushed out by Michael

I still say watch out for a Lincoln Riley/Baker the Touchdown Maker reunion :mrgreen:. This would be the perfect time if he’s interested in the NFL

I've been saying that for months that MB pushed BA out & it was MB that pulled the trigger on SW. Keim had zilch to do hiring Wilks. Everyone is guessing as to whether Keim gets fired. Hell, Keim won't stay if he doesn't select our next HC.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Terrible HC??? It'll be a cold day in hell before another Cardinal HC surpasses Whiz's playoff record here.

Because it will be a cold day in hell before we have 4 HOF fame players on offense in their prime on the roster at the same time again.

How did he do in Tennessee?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson