Cardinals at Falcons gameday thread 12-16-18

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Re: Larry's statement

If they aren't laying down and yet losing big every week...the problems are WAY bigger than we can even imagine

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So are we all on board with drafting Bosa?
Is he playing in OSU's bowl game? If not, it makes me a tad uncomfortable about his willingness to compete. I get that a lot of money is at stake, but we're talking about a #1 pick here. We shouldn't be hasty - we don't need to rush the process.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Glennon did better than Rosen. (It was what it was).

But he did it vs. different defensive personnel and strategies.

Plus - we don't know how Cardinal and League talent evaluators rate each guy's potential upside. (i.e. where will each guy be after, say, 2 years)?

If the objectives are to win more games and reach playoff level by certain dates, the issue is: Which guy is most likely to get us there on time/on plan?

Glennon outperformed Rosen, yesterday, but what we need to know is which guy is most likely to get us to the promised land (& what's the best strategy for enabling him achieve this goal)?

I think that it's legitimate to question Rosen's chops and Glennon didn't hurt his chances yesterday. But it's still early in the process and Josh has the better creds. Let the process work its way out.

pmacLean

Veteran
Reaction score
You even commented in this thread about that pick. I believe you said something along the lines of that one is on Rosen, or something to that effect. That is the one I am talking about he had a pocket around him and threw the pick, because it was late and it was slightly off target.

I think he blew a second just checking to see if he was about to be killed... and golly-gee, his pocket was holding up, then he tried to throw to Larry 1 second too late... had he got that off a second sooner, Larry was open... just bad judgement and poor execution but I will not blame him yet... not until he starts doing that when he is getting continuous protection and doesn't have to fear for his life on every play

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Glennon did better than Rosen. (It was what it was).

But he did it vs. different defensive personnel and strategies.

Plus - we don't know how Cardinal and League talent evaluators rate each guy's potential upside. (i.e. where will each guy be after, say, 2 years)?

If the objectives are to win more games and reach playoff level by certain dates, the issue is: Which guy is most likely to get us there on time/on plan?

Glennon outperformed Rosen, yesterday, but what we need to know is which guy is most likely to get us to the promised land (& what's the best strategy for enabling him achieve this goal)?

I think that it's legitimate to question Rosen's chops and Glennon didn't hurt his chances yesterday. But it's still early in the process and Josh has the better creds. Let the process work its way out.
Glennon is trash. Move on from the idea that he is anything different.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can see people getting a little wobbly on Josh at this point. I'm not there. Don't get me wrong, there's definitely more questions than answers, but I don't think we can really make that judgement until he gets at the very worst competency around him hopefully next year.

That said, I can't believe some of y'all are entertaining ANY thoughts about Glennon as ANYTHING in the grand scheme of things moving forward for this team. If it's not gonna be Josh, it sure as hell BETTER NOT be Glennon that we're turning to for the future of the franchise.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Is he playing in OSU's bowl game? If not, it makes me a tad uncomfortable about his willingness to compete. I get that a lot of money is at stake, but we're talking about a #1 pick here. We shouldn't be hasty - we don't need to rush the process.
He was injured earlier this year and left school to rehab for the draft.

There have been enough high profile injuries to potentially high draft picks where this is not a big deal. Like Chopper said, it's different if a guy is skipping the Playoffs, but guys don't get questioned for skipping their team/conference's last cash grab.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Yes, but against a prevent D with wide open receivers. And he hadn't been hit at that point.

Have to keep it in perspective. MG is not a good QB for the future.

I get what you're saying, but it in my opinion is not entirely true. Glennon was dropping hitting his spot and throwing to receivers that had not yet made their break. That will slow down the pass rush and lessen the hits a QB takes. It appears to me as though JR doesn't trust his WRs to be in the right place and is holding the ball to long, that means he gets hit more often then he should, and his passes get knocked down more often at the LOS and by DBs. Again that is all my opinion, I'm no expert.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave