Were stuck with the #2 pick

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
After looking at San Fran’s schedule I don’t see them winning another game. Their best shot is this week against Tampa Bay. But I would think Kyle Shannon likes the idea of entering 2019 with the #1 pick and Jimmy G coming back from injury.

Plus, as many have mentioned the Cardinals are notorious for winning meaningless games...Some how some way I can imagine a 3rd victory happening.

gbrim21

Veteran
Reaction score
San Fran's best chance is Tampa this week, yes. They also play Denver at home, that's a winnable game. Seahawks twice in three weeks, never know in a divisional game.

Our only potential win is Detroit.

Raiders will lose out and get top pick I'm guessing based on SoS, so we're looking at anywhere from 2 to 5 as most likely.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Right now we're #2 behind SF. TB will be looking for a QB. It's possible Oakland may be looking at QB too. If they stay where they are presently do you trade down to #8 and get some additional picks or stay at #2? You would miss out on Bosa and Oliver but you could still get one of the Williams or White or Harry. Does Oakland swap spots with us to ensure they get Herbert and prevent another team from moving into our spot? Does that gain us enough extra picks swapping 2 for 3? Two for #8 would seem to garner a nice cache of extra picks. Of course FA will determine what the biggest needs are come draft time. Our Achilles heel is Keim and free agency. Who knows what he will do assuming he is still GM.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Our defense isn't terrible, but I'm for making it better. So I'm hoping for a DT with our first pick. Add him to Peters, Golden/Moore/Dora, and Jones, and we'll have a VG front four. Of course, OL, WR, CB, and LB also have to be addressed, but you start in the trenches.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Right now we're #2 behind SF. TB will be looking for a QB. It's possible Oakland may be looking at QB too. If they stay where they are presently do you trade down to #8 and get some additional picks or stay at #2? You would miss out on Bosa and Oliver but you could still get one of the Williams or White or Harry. Does Oakland swap spots with us to ensure they get Herbert and prevent another team from moving into our spot? Does that gain us enough extra picks swapping 2 for 3? Two for #8 would seem to garner a nice cache of extra picks. Of course FA will determine what the biggest needs are come draft time. Our Achilles heel is Keim and free agency. Who knows what he will do assuming he is still GM.
Quinnen is not falling all the way to 8, hell, there’s a good chance he goes before Oliver.

It’s never smart to trade away from elite players.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The rankings with the top 5 are pretty close. If Cards draft top 5 they will get a good player.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can you imagine adding Bosa, Oliver or Quinnen Williams to our front 7 with Chandler Jones. Yikes

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
You got to fix the OLINE too/.I don`t have a problem taking Quinnen Williams DT or Jonah Williams OT or Bosa DE

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Crazy to think Mr Jones has more sacks & forced fumbles through 10 games than last season considering Wilks changes to defense.
I could be wrong but I’d guess he has far more opportunities considering our offense only possesses the ball 3 plays or less 95% of the time.

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
According to Football Outsiders the Cards has the best chance of ending up with the #1 overall pick. They give the Cards a 30.9% chance, while the Raiders are second with 28.4% and the Niners are third with 27.8%. So, obviously it is very close, and as we all know, the last couple of games are very hard to predict as other factors than pure quality comes into play.

TigToad

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Good news is, I don't see us being out of the top 3. Tampa and San Fran means one of those teams will get a win. Jaguars / Bills also is a good game for us, meaning someone will get a win.

We have a hard remaining schedule (minus Detroit), and could easily end with 2 Ws.