OT: Watch Ed Oliver

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
If there were a year to be so bad that we actually end up with the number 1 pick, this would not be a bad one.generational talent.

OP
OP
Timm Rosenbach

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Would be a great pick for sure.

The only question is whether he or Bosa are a better fit for this defense (thanks Steve Wilks). Especially with Nkemdiche now being effective. Can we fast forward to draft day please

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If there were a year to be so bad that we actually end up with the number 1 pick, this would not be a bad one.generational talent.

He's definitely on my short list. You can argue LB or OL is a bigger need but I don't see a LB or OL definitely in the draft who's as good as Oliver or Bosa etc. I think there's 3-4 DL's better than any LB or OL in the draft right now.

A front 7 next year featuring Jones, Nkemdiche, Oliver and maybe Golden would be intriguing would be intriguing.Oliver is both a DT and a DE, can play either spot but he plays more and more effectively inside. the concern would be his size but he's so athletic, strong and plays so hard consistently I think he'll be damn good. I say maybe Golden because I'm not sure what's happening there, he's in his last year he's a UFA and with the injury etc it's not clear yet if we're going to want to pay him what he probably wants to stay. People were using Hunter(Vikings) contract as a base for Golden, but Hunter is having a dominant season and so far Golden is still trying to get back to where he was. With the contract of Jones, Nkemdiche as a first rounder, and Oliver, not clear to me we'd also pay to keep Golden. Would also be a VERY small front 4 if you're in a 4-3.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think we trade back and draft Devin White from LSU. Our D line has players but we don't even have quality NFL linebackers on the roster and this kid is the best LB to come down the road since Kuechly.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think we trade back and draft Devin White from LSU. Our D line has players but we don't even have quality NFL linebackers on the roster and this kid is the best LB to come down the road since Kuechly.
Nah.

OP
OP
Timm Rosenbach

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score

Or trade back for Calvin Pace and Skillet hands. No more trading back. We saw how that worked out

OP
OP
Timm Rosenbach

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
He's definitely on my short list. You can argue LB or OL is a bigger need but I don't see a LB or OL definitely in the draft who's as good as Oliver or Bosa etc. I think there's 3-4 DL's better than any LB or OL in the draft right now.

A front 7 next year featuring Jones, Nkemdiche, Oliver and maybe Golden would be intriguing would be intriguing.Oliver is both a DT and a DE, can play either spot but he plays more and more effectively inside. the concern would be his size but he's so athletic, strong and plays so hard consistently I think he'll be damn good. I say maybe Golden because I'm not sure what's happening there, he's in his last year he's a UFA and with the injury etc it's not clear yet if we're going to want to pay him what he probably wants to stay. People were using Hunter(Vikings) contract as a base for Golden, but Hunter is having a dominant season and so far Golden is still trying to get back to where he was. With the contract of Jones, Nkemdiche as a first rounder, and Oliver, not clear to me we'd also pay to keep Golden. Would also be a VERY small front 4 if you're in a 4-3.

It’s a really good problem to have. A strong D line can change a franchise. This is the 2002 draft with Peppers, John Henderson, Dwight Freeney, Albert Haynesworth and Ryan Sims

Last edited:
OP
OP
Timm Rosenbach

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
In all honesty, Suggs would have been gone by 2007. Just like any other serviceable 1st round pick we ever drafted in those days.

You mean like Larry Fitzgerald the next year. Suggs was a local product and potential face of the franchise

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Feel free to put his stats up against anyone since. Ruben Foster, Donte Hightower, Mosley, Smith.

The kid is the definition of sideline to sideline and from what people say he's that locker room leader and a football genius. We need that guy to shoot the gaps.

I think Oliver, Bosa and White are the 3 best prospects in this draft. Give me the best defensive front 7 player in the first round and the best O lineman on the board in round 2 God we need guards bad

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You mean like Larry Fitzgerald the next year. Suggs was a local product and potential face of the franchise
Like Simeon Rice. In my over 40 years as a fan, Fitz is the only 1st round pick we've had that has lasted this long. Hell, he's the only first round pick that has lasted 10 years.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Or trade back for Calvin Pace and Skillet hands. No more trading back. We saw how that worked out

Because it didn't work out 15 years ago we should never do it again? That's dumb.

If you can trade down still get a blue chip prospect and picks you do that. The problem with that trade was it was beyond stupid. Local hometown kid grew up in chandler goes to ASU sets the NCAA sack record and you pass up a blue chip prospect for two average prospects.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just seen this video what an F'ing joke. Applewhite got mad that Oliver had a team jacket on while he was on the sidelines and physically tried to take it off him

Who does that.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Gotta love draft talk with only 1/2 of this season done...I mean when would we ever find time for draft talk if not now?
Cards are pathetic!

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I am a mam who admits when he is wrong. Nkemdiche looked really good for a few games and then pulled an Nkemdiche. One of the few positives while McCoy was here

Sadly enough this might be Nkemdiche's career year. My first post was in jest just to give you a chuckle.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I’ll dropkick Bidwill, the GM, & anyone else’s in the FO into the sky if they let this crap dictate them on passing up Oliver.

What`s wrong with following the teams rules? Article says The Coach told other players to remove the coats also_Oliver above the rules?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What`s wrong with following the teams rules? Article says The Coach told other players to remove the coats also_Oliver above the rules?

That's not a rule that's a power trip. Your going to deny guys wear team issue sideline jackets because you think wearing a jacket in the cold means your soft?

You walk up on him and physically try and take it off him? Who does that.

And yes the Rules are different for star players, but wearing a jacket when it's cold is not a real offense

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
That's not a rule that's a power trip. Your going to deny guys wear team issue sideline jackets because you think wearing a jacket in the cold means your soft?

You walk up on him and physically try and take it off him? Who does that.

And yes the Rules are different for star players, but wearing a jacket when it's cold is not a real offense

I don`t give a flying F*** .Rules are the team rules.If Oliver thinks he is above the rules then the hell with him and his ego.Enough of the primmadonna types.Last I heard was that the Coaches made the rules not the ego driven players.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose