The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

@Russ Smith what is going on

I actually missed that part of the game but I've seen the lowlights. I do think Draymond probably said something others are thinking, are you going to stay or not, with Durant, but he clearly didn't handle it well.

From the highlights Durant wanted the ball, the Warriors came from 10 down to tie it andhad the last shot but Draymond rebounded and went upcourt and then lost it with Durant clapping for the ball the whole time, should have given it up.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really? Green would fill so many holes on the Suns currently.

Defensive accountability? Check.
Offensive playmaking? Check.
Intensity and cultural shift? Check.
3 pt prowess? well, i guess not quite everything.

It's a moot point, there's no way they'd trade Green right now.

Yeah I know I've said it before but Steph has made it clear for years, Draymond is the heart and soul of the team. Clearly they want Durant to stay, but I think in some ways if they could only pick one there are probably a lot more players than you would think who would pick Draymond over Durant. And not because they dislike Durant, because they love Draymond.

I've read a bunch of times now they very clearly told Boogie when he signed this is a 1 year deal, there's no way we're going to be able to get you back we're fully intending on keeping Durant if we can and there will not be caproom for you, I think that's likely true even if Durant were to leave.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Really? Green would fill so many holes on the Suns currently.

Defensive accountability? Check.
Offensive playmaking? Check.
Intensity and cultural shift? Check.
3 pt prowess? well, i guess not quite everything.

It's a moot point, there's no way they'd trade Green right now.

But what is he? He wants to get paid like a #1 but is he? I don't think he is.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But what is he? He wants to get paid like a #1 but is he? I don't think he is.

He isn't a number one but he is the ultimate role player. It's hard to figure what that's worth but to the Warriors, he's almost irreplaceable.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He isn't a number one but he is the ultimate role player. It's hard to figure what that's worth but to the Warriors, he's almost irreplaceable.

They were 6-21 in the first quarter tonight against the Hawks. Admittedly no Curry either but their offense is so different without Draymond rebounding and pushing or making passes from the high post. Jerebko got the start, made a 3 but he just doesn't have the playmaking game Draymond does.

Willie D

Veteran
Reaction score
In a different vein, I just have to let this out: SHUT UP FILL JACKSON! That smug troll was on the ESPN series about the history of basketball. He claimed the Spurs were not a "dynasty" with that smug grin on his grill. What a stupid statement. He then went on to infer that he invented the triangle offense. Bullshite...your assistant Tex Winters did. When not given MJ or Kobe to read Sun Tzu, how did you fare? You sucked. The Knicks sucked. You ruined them for years to come. Well, to be fair, Isiah Thomas Sr. helped you out with that one. ;)

So just shut your trap, Fillip. You lucked into titles the way Kramer seemed to have tons of money on Seinfeld without ever having a job.

But the first few episode about the early history of the NBA are really cool. I suppose the drafting of Alan Iverson is the Maginot Line for me.

Now I feel better #RantOff :D

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In a different vein, I just have to let this out: SHUT UP FILL JACKSON! That smug troll was on the ESPN series about the history of basketball. He claimed the Spurs were not a "dynasty" with that smug grin on his grill. What a stupid statement. He then went on to infer that he invented the triangle offense. Bullshite...your assistant Tex Winters did. When not given MJ or Kobe to read Sun Tzu, how did you fare? You sucked. The Knicks sucked. You ruined them for years to come. Well, to be fair, Isiah Thomas Sr. helped you out with that one. ;)

So just shut your trap, Fillip. You lucked into titles the way Kramer seemed to have tons of money on Seinfeld without ever having a job.

But the first few episode about the early history of the NBA are really cool. I suppose the drafting of Alan Iverson is the Maginot Line for me.

Now I feel better #RantOff :D

I don't see how Phil gets much blame for the Knicks and their decades of problems. He didn't really improve them so I guess you could say he wasted a few years but they were already a mess when he got there. And Isiah, Layton and Dolan are far more to blame for that mess. As for the Spurs dynasty, Jackson has always been a butthole about the "asterisk" year.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Yeah I know I've said it before but Steph has made it clear for years, Draymond is the heart and soul of the team. Clearly they want Durant to stay, but I think in some ways if they could only pick one there are probably a lot more players than you would think who would pick Draymond over Durant. And not because they dislike Durant, because they love Draymond.

I've read a bunch of times now they very clearly told Boogie when he signed this is a 1 year deal, there's no way we're going to be able to get you back we're fully intending on keeping Durant if we can and there will not be caproom for you, I think that's likely true even if Durant were to leave.
I lived in Northern Nevada up until recently, and the home ball club on TV was GS. So I watched EVERY game of GS from 2006 until recently when I moved back to AZ. Draymond does a lot of the dirty work for a Championship team to win, and they do love him. However, Durant is in a different level for what he does for that team. The situation is going to take care of itself, because Durant has never got that max deal other s have got because of his moves. He has openly said this next year he wants to get paid! $$$$$ but he knows GS can't do it it. So I fully expect Durant to hit the road to the highest bidder. That being said, that leaves room to resign Draymond. I fully expect him to stay at GS. The real debate is if Klay stays. Rumors both ways. I've heard he wants to stay, and I've heard he wants to get out of the Stephen Curry shadow. My bet is he stays. Just a gut feeling.

Willie D

Veteran
Reaction score
I don't see how Phil gets much blame for the Knicks and their decades of problems. He didn't really improve them so I guess you could say he wasted a few years but they were already a mess when he got there. And Isiah, Layton and Dolan are far more to blame for that mess. As for the Spurs dynasty, Jackson has always been a butthole about the "asterisk" year.
Well, I can give you that. But he was lauded when riding into Manhattan on his unicorn that he would save the team with his zen philo and his triangle offense (see earlier post). Too bad none of the Knicks knew how to run the triangle, or ever had the players who were needed to run it well. I just wanted to throw a brick at my TV when he showed up with that *****-eating grin on his face. I thought he was gonna claim he invented the internet too #AlGore. :D

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I can give you that. But he was lauded when riding into Manhattan on his unicorn that he would save the team with his zen philo and his triangle offense (see earlier post). Too bad none of the Knicks knew how to run the triangle, or ever had the players who were needed to run it well. I just wanted to throw a brick at my TV when he showed up with that *****-eating grin on his face. I thought he was gonna claim he invented the internet too #AlGore. :D

Yeah, I'm not going to argue much about this, I'm not a Phil Jackson fan either. I think Doug Collins would have continued to take that Bulls team forward and I believe there are a lot of head coaches that could win championships with Kobe and Shaq. I'd give him credit for keeping the peace between his superstars if he hadn't been a big part of why they needed a peacekeeper in the first place.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not going to argue much about this, I'm not a Phil Jackson fan either. I think Doug Collins would have continued to take that Bulls team forward and I believe there are a lot of head coaches that could win championships with Kobe and Shaq. I'd give him credit for keeping the peace between his superstars if he hadn't been a big part of why they needed a peacekeeper in the first place.
So at the end, he really did not keep the peace. Shaq was making taunting rap songs about Kobe, and the whole thing disintegrated. It got ugly in the end. Phil just was in the right place at the right time.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So at the end, he really did not keep the peace. Shaq was making taunting rap songs about Kobe, and the whole thing disintegrated. It got ugly in the end. Phil just was in the right place at the right time.

I think the Shaq anti-Kobe rap came after they went their separate ways. I do think Phil was a good coach, just not the great coach many consider him to be. He certainly was in the right place at the right time.

Willie D

Veteran
Reaction score
So at the end, he really did not keep the peace. Shaq was making taunting rap songs about Kobe,...
...Judge Ito, I'd like to introduce exhibit #1 (or #2, depending on your view). :D

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I lived in Northern Nevada up until recently, and the home ball club on TV was GS. So I watched EVERY game of GS from 2006 until recently when I moved back to AZ. Draymond does a lot of the dirty work for a Championship team to win, and they do love him. However, Durant is in a different level for what he does for that team. The situation is going to take care of itself, because Durant has never got that max deal other s have got because of his moves. He has openly said this next year he wants to get paid! $$$$$ but he knows GS can't do it it. So I fully expect Durant to hit the road to the highest bidder. That being said, that leaves room to resign Draymond. I fully expect him to stay at GS. The real debate is if Klay stays. Rumors both ways. I've heard he wants to stay, and I've heard he wants to get out of the Stephen Curry shadow. My bet is he stays. Just a gut feeling.

I can see all those happening. Klay has twice recently said he wants to stay but who knows. WIthout Draymond the entire offense last night changed to iso's or Durant initiating the offense but not an iso. He's a great player but if he did leave you go back to a somewhat similar roster that was the best team before Durant, just older and in the case of Iggy much older.

I think it would be good for the NBA if Durant left.

What WOULD be interesting to see is what happens with Cousins, if things go well for him this year and then Durant leaves, would Boogie consider coming back who knows.

But I do think it's entirely possible this is the last year Durant is a Warrior and I'm fine with that either way. I don't fault him at all for wanting a max deal if that's truly what he wants.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Draymond Green is a super glorified overrated role player that happens to ride the coattails of Curry, Klay and Durant.

He's certainly better with the Warriors than he might be on other teams but he does so many things. initiates the offense, guards multiple positions, he is the guy who fires the team up etc.

Great player perfect fit for them, on another team probably less valuable

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe the Suns can get turned down by Durant when he hits the market? Will be an interesting summer. I'm glad the Suns have money to spend but I don't trust them to do it wisely.

I think Durant will wind up in the East though. He can sign with just about any team with cap space and make them a playoff team.

“With what was said, there is already no way Durant is coming back,” one player said. “The only hope is that they can say this summer, ‘See, KD. We’ve got your back. We protected you from Draymond.’ ”

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/11/1...here-is-already-no-way-durant-is-coming-back/

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How in the world does Utah lose by 50 points to the Mavericks?

They don't have their PG Whisperer anymore and Rubio and Mitchell have regressed because of that :shrug:

I hope they would listen to an offer for Rubio. I know he's a free agent at years end but maybe some embarrassing losses cause them to make a move. Rubio for Ariza would work after December 15th. I'd include the Bucks pick as well.

Last edited:

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They don't have their PG Whisperer anymore and Rubio and Mitchell have regressed because of that :shrug:

I hope they would listen to an offer for Rubio. I know he's a free agent at years end but maybe some embarrassing losses causes them to make a move. Rubio for Ariza would work after December 15th. I'd include the Bucks pick as well.

If we went after him in free agency do you think he'd command more than 15mill?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I hope they would listen to an offer for Rubio. I know he's a free agent at years end but maybe some embarrassing losses causes them to make a move. Rubio for Ariza would work after December 15th. I'd include the Bucks pick as well.

I'd like it better without a first round pick. The Jazz would probably also want a point guard in return. Canaan would be preferable from the Suns standpoint.