Suns @ Thunder 11-12-18

Takeo

Reaction score
Suns as bad as they’ve ever been. Soft. Predictable. Rutterless.

Bridges and Okobo need to play more. There’s no reason they shouldn’t be playing if not starting. They’re 2 of only 6 players relevant to next year’s roster.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns are giving the Thunder everything they want. Ayton is scoreless.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
End of 1st quarter;

Thunder 32 - Suns 13

Looks like another rout.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Suns as bad as they’ve ever been. Soft. Predictable. Rutterless.

Bridges and Okobo need to play more. There’s no reason they shouldn’t be playing if not starting. They’re 2 of only 6 players relevant to next year’s roster.
Really, Booker, Ayton, TJ, Okobo, and Bridges. We can literally replace everyone else. Why Igor won't play Bridges more is a mystery.

maybe keep JJ.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really, Booker, Ayton, TJ, Okobo, and Bridges. We can literally replace everyone else. Why Igor won't play Bridges more is a mystery.

I guess Igor heard you.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can already give Doncic ROY

Who cares, that's not the brass ring. I've never doubted Doncic will be a star but I don't doubt that Ayton will be one either. He just has further to go to get there than Luka does.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Some interesting comments from a Duane Rankin article at azcentral regarding the Pelicans game.

The entire article needs to be read for context.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...deandre-ayton-odds-aggressiveness/1968161002/
I agree with Koko. This is what I’ve been saying all along. “In a rhythm player” - ?!? Wtf?!? You’re a ginormous athletic mismatch almost every game every play down the court. Who put this “rhythm player” bs in your head? They did you a disservice.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Folks... I know the context in which Booker said "I'm not missing the playoffs anymore" and he was talking about raising his own game, but if this atrocity continues throughout this season and into next, you better believe that context will get dropped and he will just want out of here. And I couldn't blame him.

I was about to say I can't believe after last year's joke of a team that this team somehow is not only carrying on their tradition, but become a BIGGER joke. Then I remembered the team let the architect of the last five years of jokes draw up the blue-prints for this years'.

Why they gave the keys to the kingdom to McD last off-season, with sooooooo many CRUCIAL decisions to make is still beyond me.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with Koko. This is what I’ve been saying all along. “In a rhythm player” - ?!? Wtf?!? You’re a ginormous athletic mismatch almost every game every play down the court. Who put this “rhythm player” bs in your head? They did you a disservice.

Kokoskov wanted Ayton to be aggressive early in the game. The difference in philosophy needs to be resolved.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice move to the basket by Bridges. Reminded me of Barbosa with those long arms.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kokoskov wanted Ayton to be aggressive early in the game. The difference in philosophy needs to be resolved.

even as someone who was 1000%%%%% Ayton and seemed willing to fight to the death about it, that lack of dog I was worried about just seems to be something that needs to be beaten out of him.

That said, he's still really young. I just don't know if you can teach attitude?

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Pathetic. Server has to be livid. Thank God ASU game is on so I can watch both and get away from this mess for A few minutes

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Jackson gets pity minutes and bam back to bench. Should have unloaded him when he had value. Him and Bender the fantastic 4s.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
L
Pathetic. Server has to be livid. Thank God ASU game is on so I can watch both and get away from this mess for A few minutes
I don’t give a poo what Sarver thinks. I care what he does to fix this mess, which is nothing.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
even as someone who was 1000%%%%% Ayton and seemed willing to fight to the death about it, that lack of dog I was worried about just seems to be something that needs to be beaten out of him.

That said, he's still really young. I just don't know if you can teach attitude?

Purely conjecture on my part but perhaps Ayton is saying in an indirect way he needs time to learn how to play against quality centers like Anthony Davis and Steven Adams.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've honestly never seen more pathetic effort from this franchise

Anyone know the record for most 20 point losses in a season

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Jackson gets pity minutes and bam back to bench. Should have unloaded him when he had value. Him and Bender the fantastic 4s.
Problem is TJ is playing a lot better. I like JJ, but he's gotta play like that first shot he took, not the second shot. Still we are so far behind you have to have TJ on the floor.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Difference in philosophy?!? Doesn’t Ayton get paid to play the entire game? He’s a starter. How much time does he need to get in a “rhythm?!?” Sorry, not buying that bs. We are going to keep going down 20 points if we are forever waiting for Ayton to find his “rhythm.” You know like tonight where he let’s Adams get his seasons average in the first quarter while he goes 0-4 halfway through the 2nd quarter. I’m sure in the second half when the game is outta reach he’ll start piling up points and rebounds.

Call me a hater. I don’t friggin care anymore. He’s undeniably incredibly talented but he’s a big kid talking about being awestruck while playing against Ayton. And this “rhythm” nonsense is just that, a cop-out. Buddy you’re built like few humans on this planet and you have skills. Put forth the effort and play with some fire and pride. If you fail then okay. But no more excuses. Koko’s right. He should be imposing his will at times.

Aaaaahhhh, rant over. I will continue to hope he develops the fire in his belly necessary to dominate.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've honestly never seen more pathetic effort from this franchise

Anyone know the record for most 20 point losses in a season

If a team gets the Suns down they appear to quit. The Celtics comeback especially damaged the psyche of the team.