When You Start to Believe Your Own Publicity

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I believe this may be Keim’s problem. He got so many accolades for signing players to one year, prove-it contracts that worked; he came to believe he could always do that. Since other GMs have begun to aggressively compete for these players, he’s struggled. Keim also failed to sign the majority of the players who played well. Players, like DJ Swearinger, continue to thrive after being allowed to leave. He also decided players who were only serviceable weren’t worth keeping. Adrian Peterson still had the power to run up the middle and would have allowed the Cards to split out DJ or put him in the slot. Frankly the Cards let numerous affordable players leave that we’re obviously better than what they have left. Retaining Keim would seem to assure this trend would continue although now they have few functional players who could leave.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I believe this may be Keim’s problem. He got so many accolades for signing players to one year, prove-it contracts that worked; he came to believe he could always do that. Since other GMs have begun to aggressively compete for these players, he’s struggled. Keim also failed to sign the majority of the players who played well. Players, like DJ Swearinger, continue to thrive after being allowed to leave. He also decided players who were only serviceable weren’t worth keeping. Adrian Peterson still had the power to run up the middle and would have allowed the Cards to split out DJ or put him in the slot. Frankly the Cards let numerous affordable players leave that we’re obviously better than what they have left. Retaining Keim would seem to assure this trend would continue although now they have few functional players who could leave.

Oh god

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images attach

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm hoping Keim can learn and adapt as every gm has to in the NFL.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think it also could relate to his success with Mathieu and small school players as well.

The success he had with Mathieu IMO gave Keim the confidence to draft Nkemdiche which I think was a very risky pick and so far has looked like a bust.

IMO the success that Keim has had with small school gems like John Brown and David Johnson have led him to reach on other small school question marks who haven't been as productive.

HookemCards

Have at you!!!!!
Reaction score
Glass houses

I don't post much, but read all the time and I especially looked forward to Harry's post. His swan song post didn't say anything about never posting again, just that he was going to lurk and try to refrain from posting. I also never recall him actually calling out people who said they were leaving, but then came back so not sure what the "glass houses" comment was for. His stuff is almost always Cardinal related. I loved that he still post occasionally, hate that you are trying to drive him away

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose