Suns @ Grizzlies 10-27-18

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Seems like he is working with less than a full deck. Not only are the players trying to pick up his offense, but they don't have anyone that can initiate. Especially with Booker sitting on the sideline.

Agreed...except it would be nice to see Igor at least try something different, considering that what they've been doing not only hasn't been working but has been an unmitigated disaster.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Agreed...except it would be nice to see Igor at least try something different, considering that what they've been doing not only hasn't been working but has been an unmitigated disaster.
He has said that he wants to bring the rookies along slowly and I think he wants to stay true to that instead of putting too much on them too quickly. I don't think he will do this for a long time, but he is not going to force them out there for big minutes just a few games into the season.

Also yes a PG would help, but it won't do much for the transition defense (other than fewer live ball turnovers).

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In the prediction thread, I don't think anyone predicted as few wins as I did, and right now 22 wins appears to be a pipe dream.

How do you block this troll. We get it your rooting against the Suns good for you

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I still think there will be a point in which things will start to click and the team will look much better. How soon that happens will have a lot to do with how many wins we end up with.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He has said that he wants to bring the rookies along slowly and I think he wants to stay true to that instead of putting too much on them too quickly. I don't think he will do this for a long time, but he is not going to force them out there for big minutes just a few games into the season.

Also yes a PG would help, but it won't do much for the transition defense (other than fewer live ball turnovers).

I agree with bringing the rookies along slowly, but how about a defensive scheme adjustment, or starting Warren, or more playing time for Holmes, or more playing time for Daniels, or any kind of adjustment that doesn't involve throwing the rookies into the fire?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
How do you block this troll. We get it your rooting against the Suns good for you

The opposite, exactly. I am sick of the losing, and I am frustrated that the front office keeps making the same mistakes to perpetuate it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This used to be a game thread.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I still think there will be a point in which things will start to click and the team will look much better. How soon that happens will have a lot to do with how many wins we end up with.

For now, it looks like things are getting worse, not moving toward clicking. Doesn't look like any of the players are buying in to Igor's system.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton playing tough defense against Gasol.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Ariza continues to give halfhearted effort. Is it possible he is a cancer that is negatively influencing Josh Jackson?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gasol is frustrated with Ayton.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t get Igor. His offense is beautiful, it can definitely work, but his in game strategy seems really lacking. Between Bridges lack of playing time and his over reliance of Josh Jackson, I’m not sure what he’s doing.

Amen, I was happy with this hire,, but all of this Jackson and almost no Bridges or even Reed is killing me. Now with Chriss and especially Knight gone he has quickly become the player I just hate to watch. In fact that's what he is. He is the Brandon Knight of small forwards. Then add Ryan Anderson and Trevor Ariza trying to do way too much and NO ONE making it a priority to get DeAndre Ayton the ball. BTW Ayton still has a long ways to go, especially defensively and on the boards, but I am very happy with his progress just since summer league. The thing that's probably most encouraging to me are his passing skills. as I type there goes another poor shot by Anderson. I was an apologist for that trade, but I didn't think we'd see Anderson forcing so many bad shots.

I think Okobo will be a fine point guard in time. This might be the Suns best second round pick since Dragic.

I think he looks promising as well, but there's no way the Phoenix Suns can afford to wait for him to get there. May at least meet a solid veteran who can run an offense soon..

Back to work. Have a great night guys

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everyone ice cold

Confidence is way down. This happens a lot with young teams. It's disappointing that we've wasted money on Chandler, Ariza and even Crawford to try and keep things like this from happening.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don’t get Igor. His offense is beautiful, it can definitely work, but his in game strategy seems really lacking. Between Bridges lack of playing time and his over reliance of Josh Jackson, I’m not sure what he’s doing.

“Beautiful “

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ariza is missing a lot of open shots.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okobo with a nice off the board shot.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
End of 3rd quarter:

Grizzlies 87 - Suns 71

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jaren Jackson Jr. now has 5 PFs.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crawford now has 8 points.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Almost half way through the 4th quarter and Warren has, what, three points?

What the hell is going on here?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson