Too many people find this amusing and acceptable

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
It really isn’t that funny. We are reaching an 5 year rebuilding project. And if Rosen doesn’t pan out because he gets injured in the 4th quarter of a meaningless game and we lose Peterson and Chandler Jones because of trade demands by next October, we are in deep trouble. David Johnson seems close to snapping too. Facing uncharted territory since the new stadium was built

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Todd Gurley and Jared Goff made it through that last horrible year, so can we.

Fortunately for the Rams they spent the better part of a decade accumulating high draft picks and were much more loaded than our current roster when McVay took over.

And fortunately for Goff he only had to survive one year of Fisher...

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Fortunately for the Rams they spent the better part of a decade accumulating high draft picks and were much more loaded than our current roster when McVay took over.

And fortunately for Goff he only had to survive one year of Fisher...
I don’t think most of those draft picks have survived to this season.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It should not be 5 years.

We have a qb. We will have a boat load of cap room. We have the number 1 pick which should be turned into about 4 or 5 picks

What we need is good gm work and a good coach.

This could all start to turn around as soon as next year - although I admit that is unlikely.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Again: we have the 12th amount of cap space in the NFL next year. Our cap situation is in the middle.

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score
Could be just me but I haven’t heard from or seen any Cardinals fans that find the current state of the franchise acceptable much less amusing.

However, many of us have fallen back on our only coping mechanism of making light of the situation simply because #1 it’s warranted and unfortunately #2 we don’t really know any better, now do we?

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
What the hell are we fans suppose to do? I try to be honest, even when unpopular - like stating Sam Bradford is and was not the whole problem! We are at risk of ruining josh Rosen- he’s not ready, he is in over his head like the rest of them. Hell Matt leinart was better as a rookie under dennis green- even on Monday night meltdown.

If you want to crown their az crown their az, but we know who the bears are - and we let them off the hook. Oc was gone then too! Anybody remember? Fired emotionally and brought back as consultant because of his contract.

I think condelleeza Rice should be brought in as consultant - she forgot more about football than this staff knows. Lil Billy Bidwill needs to man up and spank his son for hiring this mess. Fanatic enough for you? Reminds me of jake Plummer’s commercial trying to convince people that cardinals are ferocious!

I would like to see Sam start - and give the defense time to stabilize this team and coaching staff. Or a complete coaching/GM overhaul- like trade for belcher

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It really isn’t that funny. We are reaching an 5 year rebuilding project. And if Rosen doesn’t pan out because he gets injured in the 4th quarter of a meaningless game and we lose Peterson and Chandler Jones because of trade demands by next October, we are in deep trouble. David Johnson seems close to snapping too. Facing uncharted territory since the new stadium was built

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

At the end of the day what can you do? I like the cardinals and all but I don't get upset at things I can't control.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Not sure the "people" this references.

I do not find this amusing, acceptable, or funny.

As a fan of the team for a long time, and through time where this team was terrible, this current situation is beyond anything before it.

This team just makes me sad. It feels like football season never came around this year. It feels like it won't be around for a while.

To be honest ? I do not really "feel" anything. I am more or less finding myself apathetic to the whole situation, and football in general.

There are people to blame, and they work for the Cardinals. The fans ? They have no power besides not caring, and not spending $$$. And even then, the $$$ will continue to flow.

Thus, unless someone on the Cardinals realizes how poor this situation is, and cares about fixing it, not sure what anyone can do, or what will be done.

This is a monumental fail of historical proportions.

and relative to all things, it is just football. Yet, another reason to stop investing time where there are so many other things to go do.

gbrim21

Veteran
Reaction score
There's no such thing as a 5 year rebuild in the NFL, 2-3 years max. Can you suck for 5 years? Sure, you can suck forever if you make bad decisions, but 5 year rebuilds are for the NBA. NFL teams can turn it around very quickly. Not saying we will, just that we can if we get the right coach in and spend our FA money wisely.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
And that would move us up to 7th. Both the Colts and Jets are scheduled to have over $100M in cap space going into 2019.

Considering where the Cardinals were at the end of last season they are in a much better place going into 2019 cap wise. It's kind of crazy when you think about the situation the Cards were in heading into this offseason.

• Transitioning from the Oldest roster in the league
  • Zero QBs on the roster
  • Little Cap space to work with
  • Massive holes all over the Roster
  • Very little quality depth
This was the result of making one last push with BA's team thinking the window hadn't closed. Obviously that window was just about to slam shut. This is what Wilks inherited and this is why I think Wilks gets another year as head coach.

I personally think Keim is in bigger danger than Wilks.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
The Arizona Cardinals enter today sitting at third, in the 2019 NFL Draft order.

So, the four teams in the NFL with one win are:

1. New York Giants (1-6) .481 strength of schedule (SOS)
  2. San Francisco 49ers (1-6) .524 SOS
  3. Arizona Cardinals (1-6) .552 SOS
  4. Oakland Raiders (1-5) .545 SOS
We need the Giants to win a couple more games. They are the only team ahead right now that would be in the running for a QB.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
The Arizona Cardinals enter today sitting at third, in the 2019 NFL Draft order.

We need the Giants to win a couple more games. They are the only team ahead right now that would be in the running for a QB.

We need that top pick so we can take the best small school prospect in the country!

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Raiders need a QB too, they'll move on from Carr. 7.5 million dead vs $20 mil cap hit next year

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Considering where the Cardinals were at the end of last season they are in a much better place going into 2019 cap wise. It's kind of crazy when you think about the situation the Cards were in heading into this offseason.

• Transitioning from the Oldest roster in the league
  • Zero QBs on the roster
  • Little Cap space to work with
  • Massive holes all over the Roster
  • Very little quality depth
This was the result of making one last push with BA's team thinking the window hadn't closed. Obviously that window was just about to slam shut. This is what Wilks inherited and this is why I think Wilks gets another year as head coach.

I personally think Keim is in bigger danger than Wilks.

The Cards had over $20 million in cap space going into last offseason:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...alary-cap-for-2018-season-set-at-1772-million

We still have over $7m in cap space right now. We hurt our cap by eating $9M in Tyrann Mathieu money.

This is the worst kind of soft bigotry of low expectations. We still have massive holes all over the roster, and we still have very little quality depth. We're probably thinner today than we were before Keim and Wilks started dickering with the roster.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Cutting Bradford, Gresham and Andre Smith would put us about 6th. (Around 77M)

There might be a better chance Gresham is here than Bethea. He’s got a lower cap hit if released.

Btw how do teams like the Browns and Jets have so much cap room every year and meet the salary floor?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson