How soon do the Cards trade P P

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Much jibber jabber amongst the talking heads. Chiefs mentioned as the landing spot... or the Eagles. 2 S B contenders who are hurting at the back end.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Trade both of them.Fitz if he is agreeable to being traded to a contender.As for PP who gives a damn what he thinks .

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Fitz and PP not going anywhere, not gonna happen!

Of course they aren't. No local reports at all about PP going anywhere (I was making fun of it with "fitz is going to the vikes" rumor that has been going on since he's been drafted)

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Part of the process. They have value. They may be fan favorites but it is business.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Part of the process. They have value. They may be fan favorites but it is business.

Yes it is but it's not your normal business cause your normal business doesn't have a stack of dependenable revenue no matter how bad it which leads to a lot of the problems we see.

If you or I ran a business just in the normal wild this badly we'd go out of business then someone who knew what they were doing would either buy it or move in to replace us.

Instead we have a totally dysfunctional situation brewing where now Wilks is on the outs, but still stubbornly will refuse to change his system and it will still not be a great fit for PP who under the scenario of giving Wilks what he wants should be traded but won't be because now management is going to thumb it's nose at it's own coach but not fire him because of money, just my opinion.

It's a cluster brewing and if it resolves by us trading PP then Wilks won, if we keep PP and keep Wilks no one wins it'll just sprial into chaos.

It's like they have no idea that things have a flow based on real world things like ........... people's behavior.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
The real order of things is fire Keim first, GM's don't do much during the season.

Keim may not be to blame for Wilks but at least he didn't say hell no. But more than that he hasn't drafted good OL or DL, which is bad.

Then if we fire Keim we can hire a GM and be first in line who can then be first in line to hire a coaching staff and then they can decide who stays or goes but this year we SHOULD NOT trade anyone but LF who needs to be told he can go to a contender just because.

The Chiefs did this with Tony Gonzales, everyone understood, it's done and it would be the right thing to do unless LF doesn't want to do it.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Resuscitating a dormant offense should be our top priority.

Brings to mind the Mike Martz approach to playcalling. It could be 3rd & inches at his own one-yard line and he'd be as likely to dial up a long bomb as he would running it up the gut.

He just didn't care about down/distance tendencies - he was one crazy bleeper. We need that element back in our play calling.

Next priority on our agenda should be tightening up our defense. Two key things that need fixing - (1) No. more Chandler Jones repeatedly vacating outside contain to crash down the LOS? (2) Whatever happened to putting a spy on certain QBs or RBs?

What keeps haunting me are visions of our opponents succeeding at stuff, while we can't. What are they doing that we're not doing?

All of these are coaching challenges - I refuse to believe that, pound for pound, other teams are that much bigger, stronger or meaner than we are.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

As far as I know, we don't have cap issues now, or in the future. No reason to get rid of them just because we stink. If they ask to go, then I guess you consider it.

Billy Flynt

Pirate, 300 yrs too late
Reaction score
Holy $h!+

Y’all have lost your minds! PP has too much value with his extended contract to go anywhere. We would need 2+ first rounders for a 7x all pro with years on his contract. No one would pay that and we shouldn’t roll those dice.

Fitz has decided to stay in AZ for good or bad. He had the opportunity to leave with CP3 retirement knowing that new staff and new qb were coming. He has little trade value despite HOF credentials.

Put down the crack pipe...

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy $h!+

Y’all have lost your minds! PP has too much value with his extended contract to go anywhere. We would need 2+ first rounders for a 7x all pro with years on his contract. No one would pay that and we shouldn’t roll those dice.

Fitz has decided to stay in AZ for good or bad. He had the opportunity to leave with CP3 retirement knowing that new staff and new qb were coming. He has little trade value despite HOF credentials.

Put down the crack pipe...
Ummm.....

My guess is he would go for a ring if given the choice.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Things in the NFL can turn around so quickly these days, but trading your best players won't help to achieve this. PP and Chandler Jones play the most valuable positions on defense. I'd argue there is no better CB-DE duo than these two guys. Trading them won't be allowed by Bidwill.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
I'm not down helping the Vikings or Eagles to a SB. But I would'nt say anyone is untouchable at this point. I'd have to be pretty lucrative though and contenders got that way not squandering picks. Don't see it it happening, this year at least.