Miller once again does it again!

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

The Little offer never made sense at all and I’m glad this came out.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Wonder if Bilas et al will fry Self like they did Miller.....

Bilas was asked about Self by Dan Patrick this morning and he just went on talking about something else. Arizona is just a big enough program but not a blue blood that they’re a perfect target. The big boys will be protected.

I’m sure they’d find some way to spin a tape of Jeff Capel discussing payments for Zion Williamson.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Bilas was asked about Self by Dan Patrick this morning and he just went on talking about something else. Arizona is just a big enough program but not a blue blood that they’re a perfect target. The big boys will be protected.

I’m sure they’d find some way to spin a tape of Jeff Capel discussing payments for Zion Williamson.

It doesn't help our cause that while Bill Self has the reputation for being an unassuming nice guy, Sean Miller kind of has the reputation for being an egotistical loudmouth. I think the treatment is more about the individual personalities than about the programs. I guarantee you Lute Olson would not be getting this treatment.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Gershon, Daniels and Sheer have crystal balled him to Arizona. It would give Arizona the #2 overall class for 2019 behind USC.

TJ

Reaction score
He’s Tucson bound. We’ll have the #2 ranked class for the year. Not bad considering that Miller stopped recruiting.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He’s Tucson bound. We’ll have the #2 ranked class for the year. Not bad considering that Miller stopped recruiting.

Any shot at #1, if we can bring in Nnaji or Timme?

TJ

Reaction score
Any shot at #1, if we can bring in Nnaji or Timme?
Timme's not coming here. A lot of dominoes have to fall for Nnaji to come to Tucson, so I wouldn't count on him.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Timme's not coming here. A lot of dominoes have to fall for Nnaji to come to Tucson, so I wouldn't count on him.

Any idea what we're going to do to get a power forward to replace Luther?

TJ

Reaction score
Any idea what we're going to do to get a power forward to replace Luther?

Scour the transfer market. After landing Armstrong, there likely won't be much movement signing high schoolers for 2019.

Remember that Stone Gettings is eligible next season.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Scour the transfer market. After landing Armstrong, there likely won't be much movement signing high schoolers for 2019.

Remember that Stone Gettings is eligible next season.

While Gettings was okay in the Ivy League, he is nowhere near Pac 12 starter caliber and never will be. Doesn't the departure of Thielemans give us an extra scholarship after Armstrong? Why not use it to fill the one gaping hole on the roster?

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Armstrong comnits to the UofA. Miller still going for one or two more guys.

TJ

Reaction score
While Gettings was okay in the Ivy League, he is nowhere near Pac 12 starter caliber and never will be. Doesn't the departure of Thielemans give us an extra scholarship after Armstrong? Why not use it to fill the one gaping hole on the roster?

I think you're underrating Gettings. He's not Deandre Ayton but he isn't Kyryl. High IQ player and leader.

For more bigs, remember that Miller is recruiting more athleticism and shooting, so we're likely not going to see large lineups except in the middle. Landing Josh Green and Terry Armstrong is evidence of this.

For other bigs you'll have to count on Jeter coming back in 2019 or Koloko developing fast. Miller may pull a rabbit out of his hat, but I'd count on grad transfers.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think you're underrating Gettings. He's not Deandre Ayton but he isn't Kyryl. High IQ player and leader.

For more bigs, remember that Miller is recruiting more athleticism and shooting, so we're likely not going to see large lineups except in the middle. Landing Josh Green and Terry Armstrong is evidence of this.

For other bigs you'll have to count on Jeter coming back in 2019 or Koloko developing fast. Miller may pull a rabbit out of his hat, but I'd count on grad transfers.

I'd put Gettings at Justin Wessel level. An okay back-up, nothing more. Good IQ and decent size. Not much skill or athleticism. Koloko needs to be brought along slowly. His body won't be ready for big minutes. In terms of Jeter, either he starts realizing his potential, in which case he's gone to the NBA, or he struggles, in which case we can't count on him as our inside presence next year.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
AZ Central reporting AZBOR will meet to discuss UA basketball program....anything to worry about?
I read that they have proof that a phone related or belonging to Miller had phone calls to the criminals and the were 5 minute conversations. If Miller doesn’t resign, I’d say the chance he’s gone is 50/50.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I read that they have proof that a phone related or belonging to Miller had phone calls to the criminals and the were 5 minute conversations. If Miller doesn’t resign, I’d say the chance he’s gone is 50/50.

Why would he resign? There’s been no new news. Just ESPN reporting stuff we knew 6 months ago and calling it “breaking news”.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Miller says one thing, someone else says another. If there wasn’t even a little bit of proof, why would the school investigate? The writing’s on the wall.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Miller says one thing, someone else says another. If there wasn’t even a little bit of proof, why would the school investigate? The writing’s on the wall.
I’ve been saying it from the beginning, where there’s so much smoke . . .

Look I don’t want to see it happen. I was quick to exonerate when it looked like the reporting was faulty. But recent ESPN article about the multiple calls traced to a phone connected to Miller heaps more smoke. And in a dirty business (and we all know ncaa sports is dirty), smoke just means someone found evidence on miller that hasn’t been found in others.

Bummed if it sets back the program big time.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Not sure I understand the question. You’re asking why the school would do it’s due diligence? If an employee was accused of wrongdoing without proof you don’t think they’d still investigate it?

TJ

Reaction score

You do know that this was all reported back in February, right? And that Miller has already acknowledged talking to Dawkins.

Brian Bowen’s recruitment was headed up by Dawkins, which is the reason why Miller and about a dozen other coaches talked to him. Those who know the content of the wiretaps have indicated that Miller has sad nothing that could get him in trouble. Arizona has been closely monitored for a while by the FBI and the school has spent millions on its own internal investigation. If Miller did anything wrong, he would’ve been gone by now and certainly not received many votes of confidence by Dr. Robbins and Dave Heeke.

The ABOR meeting was always going to happen. It’s the timing of it that makes it over-sensationalized. Besides, the ABOR can’t do anything, so it’s sort of a moot point.