Farm System Stuff

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, they need a youth movement here in the worst way. It'll be years before they'll be legit contenders. Better start sooner then later rebuilding.
I am beginning to think they won’t be able to get a great package for Goldy because of his age and a FA after next year, any decent package should be considered as long as they do not sell low with a package of low level unknown scrubs.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
I am beginning to think they won’t be able to get a great package for Goldy because of his age and a FA after next year, any decent package should be considered as long as they do not sell low with a package of low level unknown scrubs.
Goldy was the best player on a more or less contending team. Losing Corbin and mtl Pollock, changes that. They have to get Corbins young replacement, and another starter (CF, C) or closer down the road. I liked what I saw from the rookie reliever called up late in the year as well. Forgot his name already....

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Goldy was the best player on a more or less contending team. Losing Corbin and mtl Pollock, changes that. They have to get Corbins young replacement, and another starter (CF, C) or closer down the road. I liked what I saw from the rookie reliever called up late in the year as well. Forgot his name already....
Yup, Yoan Lopez. After his first (bad) performance, he was sensational. Everything I heard seems to consider him ready to be part of the closing crew for 2019.

And possibly better than all of them. Especially with Brad Ziegler, the only other dependable closing reliever down the stretch, retiring.

How I hope that Silvino Bracho somehow disappears from the D-backs middle inning reliever crew. Or remains in the Minors instead of his frequent call-ups.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Does he hit for any power?
He is known more as a contact hitter than a power hitter but he hit 11 HR's last year. Probably a 20 to 25 HR guy in majors. Doesn't strike out a lot (64 in 500+ AB's last year), hopefully he rebounds next year in terms of hitting for average.

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He is known more as a contact hitter than a power hitter but he hit 11 HR's last year. Probably a 20 to 25 HR guy in majors. Doesn't strike out a lot (64 in 500+ AB's last year), hopefully he rebounds next year in terms of hitting for average.

What minor to major league conversion are you using to go from 11 HR in 440 AB this year and 0 HR in 195 AB last year translates to “a 20 to 25 HR guy in the majors”?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose